The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    That seems more insidious than you think.
    Why do you say that?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Why do you say that?
    Loli.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm holding back pretty hard right now on upgrading to 8" studio monitors. =X
    "A flower.

I'm holding back pretty hard right now on upgrading to 8" studio monitors. =X
    I think you got your unit of measurement messed up, 8" is 8 inches (tablet sized monitors, woo!). On the other hand, if you meant 8' (8 feet, 96 inches), that's... um, really big.

10+ Year Old Account
    Referring to audio monitors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Referring to audio monitors.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    "A flower.

Wow, I've never heard that expression before. Learn something new everyday.

I suspect there is a particular set you're looking at. Out of curiosity, which ones?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have the Presonus Eris E5s right now and I absolutely love their sound.

The money-considering side of me wants to just up to the Eris E8s, but the "WHO THE FUCK CARES ABOUT MONEY YAYYYY!" side of me wants to get Adam Audio A7X or A8X... /drool

http://www.adam-audio.com/en/pro-aud...7x/description
    "A flower.

15+ Year Old Account
    You know if you get new ones you could always send Apepi your old stuff.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    You know if you get new ones you could always send Apepi your old stuff.
    Ignore this one, give it to me, I got crappy ones in dire (well not really, still works) need of replacement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just bought this to replace my dying Cowon J3 (stereo left almost gone regardless of headphones)...

Cowon Plenue D:

I'm a bit of a sucker for Cowon products. Their enhancements/EQ (JetEffect) are fantastic, and battery life absolutely destroys anything else out there. All in a very compact size.

Had to buy it off Amazon though, and this is my very FIRST purchase off Amazon because there aren't many things they will ship to NZ.

It's a sturdy brick of an MP3 player...but I still hope they package it nicely and it reaches here in one piece. I hear good things about Amazon :S
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazon's only the biggest and most successful e-tailer in THE WORLD...
    "A flower.

15+ Year Old Account
    Only once have I not actually gotten something delivered to me. Instead they delivered my fucking gpu that cost over 250$ to my neighbor 3 houses down. I saw that it was delivered but it never got to me. I ended up walking down my street to see if anyone got it. And sure enough it is sitting on my neighbors doorstep. Though this was Newegg and not Amazon.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Only once have I not actually gotten something delivered to me. Instead they delivered my fucking gpu that cost over 250$ to my neighbor 3 houses down. I saw that it was delivered but it never got to me. I ended up walking down my street to see if anyone got it. And sure enough it is sitting on my neighbors doorstep. Though this was Newegg and not Amazon.
    And that is probably more likely to be the shipping company's fault than the online retailer.

I've never had something "go missing" that I ordered from Amazon.de

10+ Year Old Account
    Counterfeit items appear on Amazon a bit too many times. For example a 64GB(I think?) SD card that came in was actually 16GB despite labeled as 64GB and all that. It seems pretty common for stuff that's a lot easier to be not noticed at first glance. Don't bother trying to get high concentration of isopropyl alcohol from Amazon, you're more than likely going to get a lower one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Counterfeit items appear on Amazon a bit too many times. For example a 64GB(I think?) SD card that came in was actually 16GB despite labeled as 64GB and all that. It seems pretty common for stuff that's a lot easier to be not noticed at first glance. Don't bother trying to get high concentration of isopropyl alcohol from Amazon, you're more than likely going to get a lower one.
    And don't buy expensive shampoo or conditioner online, some of them water them down.

I've never bought anything at all from Amazon. Doesn't that make me a special little snowflake?

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    I've never bought anything at all from Amazon. Doesn't that make me a special little snowflake?
    Worse - it makes you a hipster. :P

I've bought stuff from Amazon, but it was a long time ago. If I want PC parts I typically buy from Newegg, otherwise I don't have any single place that I buy a lot of products from.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Xuvial - I just saw what happened. Everything alright for you? :O

- - - Updated - - -

As for Amazon...

I've ordered probably 100 different orders over the years and I've only had 2 poor experiences:

1) July 2015: I decided to place an order on Amazon.com for a used Canon 7D Mark II to save $100. $1,400. Not a ton different from normal price, but it worked. What did I get in the mail, that I stayed at home waiting for all day? A Canon 7D! This pissed me off pretty handily. I immediately got on the phone and called their customer service, got to a manager, and complained enough. At first they were like "well it needs to go through the return process and then the money won't be back on your account in 5-10 business days." To which I replied: "You have $1,400 of my money. I have a $500~ valued item of yours that I have no intention of using and I am going to take to the UPS store tomorrow morning and ship back to you immediately, I'd like a shipping label and I want my money back ASAP."

Ended up getting a shipping label so they could see it was being shipped back and they promised the money back in my account in 24-48 hours. It all worked out. Ended up going to Best Buy that very night afterwards, gave it a shot and applied for a credit card and got a whopping $3,000 credit line. O_O Ended up buying a new 7D Mark II and Canon 70-300mm L IS USM lens. I've never been happier!

2) More recently... I ordered a Crucial SSD for my manager and a Samsung NVMe m.2 SSD for myself. I have Amazon Student Prime, so I always hit up that 2 days free shipping aaaaaaaand it never arrived. This was a couple months ago now and it's still saying "it's shipping" or basically, lost. I called after about a week and they sent out a new package and said it would be there the next day. Lo and behold the USPS guy comes in to my work with the package, I tell him the story, he said "they're not going to do that lolol" and I'm like, uh, dude, THIS package is it. He was pretty dumbfounded haha!\

Other than that I've had some pretty exceptional experiences with Amazon. And both of those customer service experiences were basically phenomenal.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Xuvial - I just saw what happened. Everything alright for you? :O
    Thanks for the concern
    My city (Auckland) is relatively earthquake proof, being far up the North Island and quite far from the faultline. South Island isn't so lucky, that's where the majority of quakes happen.

But one of the 50 volcanoes Auckland is sitting on may blow literally ANY DAY!

...Give or take 100,000 years. Apparently it's "overdue".

Also I keep forgetting Amazon is 1 day behind my strange little country.

So I'll be waiting till Friday here...
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2016-11-14 at 03:40 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze