Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It makes me funny how many people talk disparagingly about the half-elves, as if they were something anecdotal, residual, strange ...
    However, perhaps one of the most famous "elves" of the most famous fantasy universe, is actually a half-elf. I am referring to Elrond, from the Tolkien universe.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    It makes me funny how many people talk disparagingly about the half-elves, as if they were something anecdotal, residual, strange ...
    However, perhaps one of the most famous "elves" of the most famous fantasy universe, is actually a half-elf. I am referring to Elrond, from the Tolkien universe.
    Elrond cant be considered a "half elf" in the same way you would find them in WoW. He chose the fate of an immortal elf.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

High elves are a must!
    I don't care about any stupid OOc reasons, we need playable High elves in the Alliance one way or another.
    And the way to do so is simple, just classify Blood elves as neutral.

Deleted
    I actually can't really see how Half-Elves are supposed to be rare as both races, High Elves and Humans, nearly look identical. Both High Elves and most Humans look exactly like european humans, with the humans being a little broader.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    I actually can't really see how Half-Elves are supposed to be rare as both races, High Elves and Humans, nearly look identical. Both High Elves and most Humans look exactly like european humans, with the humans being a little broader.
    Because for the most part, the races are pretty separate. You have the overwhelming majority of the elves withdrawing from the Alliance the moment they could.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Because for the most part, the races are pretty separate. You have the overwhelming majority of the elves withdrawing from the Alliance the moment they could.
    Most of the time we have one important city-state where elves and humans met all the time. Hell, the crown prince of Quel'thalas even worked as a member of this cities leading council. There aren't even real cultural differences, as High Elves don't really have a own culture other than magic. It would be logical if at least Dalaran had loads of Half-Elves. I think its rather stupid to make something special out of human/high elf relationships. Like I said, both races look nearly identical, so they are the two races who are most likely to interbreed.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    This is not true, half-elves in WoW are usually represented by human models (Alodi & Kalec's mortal disguise), the only exception to this being Arator. Half-elves should/could/would have models based off the human models but with semi-pointed ears, elvish brows, a slightly thinner physique and maybe some elvish hairstyles.
    Yea ok.. bit why do you rven want that? There is no lore for them and there are like 3 half elves.. sure thy can ceate something out of thin air.. but honestly it sounds like reaching for straws.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    High elves are a must!
    I don't care about any stupid OOc reasons, we need playable High elves in the Alliance one way or another.
    And the way to do so is simple, just classify Blood elves as neutral.
    Why?.. We have them already only with a differnt name.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Yea ok.. bit why do you rven want that? There is no lore for them and there are like 3 half elves.. sure thy can ceate something out of thin air.. but honestly it sounds like reaching for straws.

- - - Updated - - -

Why?.. We have them already only with a differnt name.
    There's lore for half-elves, because almost anything that exists in-game has lore supporting it. Plus they "create things out of thin air" every expansion and have been doing that since Orcs and Humans. That's the beauty of fiction, you can create new lore and then retcon that existing lore.

Dragonmaw or go home. Could be a redemption story where Dragonmaw orcs that didn't want in on Garrosh's Horde come back and join the Horde they wanted to be a part of.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Dragonmaw or go home. Could be a redemption story where Dragonmaw orcs that didn't want in on Garrosh's Horde come back and join the Horde they wanted to be a part of.
    That would be story going in circles a bit. Zaela rejecting Mor'ghor's Fel Horde and teaming up with Garrosh and playable Horde back when Garrosh wasn't full one race, one Horde, one Warchief yet was already their redemption arc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Since people are sharing my 3 year old mockups maybe you guys would be interested in this sub-race proposal I drafted not too long ago.

https://imgur.com/a/8EeTm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Since people are sharing my 3 year old mockups maybe you guys would be interested in this sub-race proposal I drafted not too long ago.

the biggest thing that bugs me is that upright posture is a characteristic you give to orcs. All orcs stand upright in lore, not just the half orcs.
    Holy shit lol

the biggest thing that bugs me is that upright posture is a characteristic you give to orcs. All orcs stand upright in lore, not just the half orcs.
    I know, but I think it's a way Blizzard can take advantage of a possible two birds, one stone situation. Adding a whole new skeleton with all new animations just for Orcs is going to get construed as Orc favoritism.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know, but I think it's a way Blizzard can take advantage of a possible two birds, one stone situation. Adding a whole new skeleton with all new animations just for Orcs is going to get construed as Orc favoritism.
    I mean the art director already said theyd love to add the option for orcs, they could just include it along with the subraces no need to go "hey know how you all wanted to play straight back orcs? " "Psych!"
    Holy shit lol

I mean the art director already said theyd love to add the option for orcs, they could just include it along with the subraces no need to go "hey know how you all wanted to play straight back orcs? " "Psych!"
    It seems like minute aesthetic traits like upright postures for orcs and trolls or a blue and gold (for belf paladins) eye color options could be worked in as a seperate customization detail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    It seems like minute aesthetic traits like upright postures for orcs and trolls or a blue and gold (for belf paladins) eye color options could be worked in as a seperate customization detail.
    Yea, pissing off orcs who want to play straight back orcs like they are shown off in the cinematics by forcing them to be a half orc would not be the way to go.
    Holy shit lol

Btw, did you ever do that furbolg photoshop? XD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, let’s be sincere, the existence of the “hybrid races” would be nothing more than an anecdote if it were not because the two last iconic and historic races that the Horde and the Alliance are still missing (Ogres and High Elves respectively) cannot be playable due to different intrinsic problems with those races.

A lot of people want that the Horde can have the Ogres as a playable race, at the same time many other people want the High Elves as a playable race of the Alliance, but being realistic, everybody knows that both dreams are impossible to fulfill. And it is at this point when the hybrid races arise as a solution.

The problem is: the people who want Ogres and High Elves, will they conform with the Semi-Ogres and Half-Elves? And another issue: should they be sub-races or maybe independent races by themselves?
    Last edited by Northem; 2016-11-13 at 03:26 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    if they would ever put sub race like the maghar one, thy totally will do the blackrock and the dragonmaw orcs, there is no need of a redemption story cause some of they did not join Garrosh side, Koak is a great exemple, he could be a new chieftain, and bring a new philosofy of creating dragons

Deleted
    Sub-races is the most asked feature atm.
    I think at some point (possible next exp. pack) they will introduce it as one of the big features.