not coming hunter guides often but Azortharion is one of the best hope he will keep his hard work for others, alot of ppl here are kids who you shoulnt pay much attention to them.

wanted to ask if thers any incoming changes for bm or is it going to be any decent for raiding or still going to be sh it and mm going to be the only spec to play?

the derailment aftermath of the ban is worse than the reason for the ban in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Aran's Relaxing Ruby is either extremely bugged or I don't understand what it's doing.

I don't have the chest, I pay MM and I see 1m crits regulary. Not sure if it happens on ST too, but it can happen´when there are just two targets.
    As far as I know, Lone wolf is always calculated in the tooltip, so it can't be that, can it?
    Can we get some more info on this? I dummied for 7 mins yesterday straight, on both ST and wide AOE (near lodge) and didn't get a single proc. Is the trinket bugged? It's supposed to be really, REALLY good so I'm eager to get it going.

Quote Originally Posted by Finbezwaz View Post
    no wonder he's got such a big ego. this thread is nothing but sycophants.
    Pretty sure you are still using his guide to play your MM HUNTER in raids, I wonder what this says about you

Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    "In my stead" Because you're the only person in the world qualified to answer questions about hunters? Maybe get your punters to donate for a loft extension so you can fit all that ego in to one room rather than PC upgrades?

" How do i do something better as BM " You tell them to play MM. So you're the one giving your favorite word, misinformation. If you don't enjoy yourself on the forums and only give snide comments that amount to " kek play mm or ruin everything for everyone " then why bother replying at all? You have enough fanboys around here that would surely direct these terrible players to your stream so you, the one true god of hunters can answer the questions that no one else is qualified to do.

You say haters gunna hate like people hate you because you were ranked number 1 at one point and are jealous. People hate you because you're self entitled, condescending and a cunt to anyone who you feel is beneath you. Which apparently is everyone. The comments about you being nicer on your stream to earn money are not fucking retarded, pretty spot on as your attitude on here wouldn't fly well for people who you want money from.
    1) I am not more qualified than others because of some intangible reason. It is just that more often than not, people have no idea what they are talking about. It's not a lofty ego thing of "only I am allowed to answer questions", it's simply observing how threads are littered with misinformation very quickly. That happens regardless of whether or not I post - but if I don't post, the misinformation tends to be all that OP has to go on. For someone accusing me so vehemently of being a dick, you're not doing a great job of being even remotely constructive.

2) It's not misinformation to tell someone playing BM that they should go MM in a snide way. It's just not telling them the information they want to hear. Playing BM is objectively worse than playing MM for the boss. That's all.

3) When did I mention rank 1? Or jealousy? Haters are gonna hate for whatever reasons they want. I don't pretend to know why. You do, though, since you really like to speak for everyone.

I am being myself on my stream, if you don't believe that, well, I don't care. :^)

Great day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    Can we get some more info on this? I dummied for 7 mins yesterday straight, on both ST and wide AOE (near lodge) and didn't get a single proc. Is the trinket bugged? It's supposed to be really, REALLY good so I'm eager to get it going.
    The trinket is not bugged but it does proc way more on actual encounters than dummies based on, uhm, gut feeling. A bit more than a proc per minute on dummies, while on dungeon bosses in particular, 3-4 procs back-to-back is not even that rare, when it should be damn near fucking impossible with this RPPM system.

Deleted
    Well you cared enough to reply so there is that.

Anyone with a modicum of English understanding can read between the lines for what you want people to see and what you actually mean when you type.

You ask me how to improve the speed of your car, Instead of telling you to get a turbo and do whatever people do to cars to make them go faster I tell you to go buy a Formula 1 car. Yes the Formula 1 car is faster but it's not what you asked now is it?

So telling people who want to know about improving BM to go MM is just pointless.

It's not an accusation.

I don't write guides like you so i'm not expected to be constructive. No one looks to me as the authority on hunters so i dare say anything i say gets ignored as nothing more than personal opinion. That being said i'm also not running around spreading your favorite word about hunters either so i'm not sure what your point is.

I tell people what I think they need to hear, not always what they think they need to hear.

It's okay to be unconstructive if you're not expected to, got it. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't work on target dummies. Test it in a dungeon and take a look at your logs after.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_ View Post
    Azor is purely factual. When someone is spreading misinformation that is not true I can easily see anyone getting pissed off about lies.
    Imagine if someone was thoroughly convinced that your grandmother was a hooker and that they fucked her every day for $20. Pretty shitty of a thing to hear! False, inaccurate and some solid misinformation.

I'd be pissed / annoyed / dumb-founded at just how stupid people can be. Dealing with stupid is never fun.

Earlier today I attempted to explain to someone why Dalaran was in WoTLK AND Legion at the same fucking time. The person was too stupid to understand that the era of WoTLK isn't the exact same time that Legion is, and essentially when you visit WoTLK Dalaran-- you're going back in time. By the end of my explanation I was very rude and overly short with my explanation.

Stupid isnt fun to deal with.
    Jerkness isn't funnier to dealt with.

I had a teacher that he always said, that when he explained a thing to his students and they didn't understand, he had 50% of blame of it.

This is an example of the situation you just mentioned:

Guy says 2+2=5.
    You have various options to deal with that:
    1) Tell him "sorry, you are wrong 2+2=4"
    2) Tell him "Stupid pill of shit! 2+2=4"

Both are factual, one is polite, other is not.

3) you can always ignore the person saying the first remark.
    Last edited by Geran; 2016-11-12 at 02:56 PM.

I did read Food Simulation on Icy Veins

"Pandaren +750 Mastery"
    Is it typo?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    I did read Food Simulation on Icy Veins

"Pandaren +750 Mastery"
    Is it typo?
    Food gives you 375 and the Pandaren's racial doubles that.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodoran View Post
    Food gives you 375 and the Pandaren's racial doubles that.
    oh, I didn't know.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Geran View Post

I had a teacher that he always said, that when he explained a thing to his students and they didn't understand, he had 50% of blame of it.

Guy says 2+2=5.

Last edited by Hawkshot; 2016-11-12 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geran View Post

Guy says 2+2=5.

I completely disagree.
    In that situation you have extremely basic math and if the person got it wrong they're an idiot. After being taught countless times they still say no it's 5?
    After so many attempts to be nice and explain something, you eventually get short with the person. Either they're not listening to what your saying or don't care. People who care listen and learn.

If someone doesn't understand something explain it to them. You can only repeat yourself so many times. You're literally telling something exactly what it is and how it is. If they start to argue with you and go against facts BAM that's when you get short.

I literally told the guy you're essentially going back in time-- over ten times. Over ten fucking times. Once was enough? Naw! Say the same thing 9 more times and disagree and argue with what the factual evidence is.

Birds can fly. No they can't because of x.
    Birds can fly, look. No they can't because of x.

How many times would you repeat the above scenario before you got short with the fucking retard who's telling you birds can't fly when clearly there is a flock of birds flying 4 feet above your head.

I'm not a teacher. I hold no responsibility for teaching someone and having them learn. I don't need to hold 50% of the responsibility for them being a fucking retard. Maybe if I was a teacher and it was my job to teach, and the student was failing (but we're not talking about teaching or students) then sure, I have 50% on my shoulders for not being an effective teacher.

Holy hurt feelings batman.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    I tell people what I think they need to hear, not always what they think they need to hear.
    You write an excellent guide and make a significant contribution to the hunter knowledge base.

If your objective is to teach and coach and inform ( . . . . teach them to fish), being snide and condescending and an ass is not the best communication style to achieve those objectives - it is (generally) not the 'min/max' coaching style.

You are a mentor and option leader in the community, and a bunch of people copy your (unfortunate) style without having your knowledge. You may not care about this . . . but that has contributed to the poisoned community we have. We even saw direct experimental proof of this in the hunter discord - descended to a cesspool while you were leading it and people were coping your style and behavior, and then recovered when more mature voices were given leadership.

With a longer perspective I might note that while being a snide ass is par for the course for many smart adolescents . . . it is only rarely a successful approach to building a adult life, where (except in pretty rare cases) getting along with others, building collaborative relationships, and a working 'network' are all more important than raw intellectual horsepower. Being a successful coach is a 'force multiplier' while (again except in rare cases) being a genius ass is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    I tried to be nice once but people's stupidity always manages to break my mental fortification, now I tend to just write whatever comes to mind when I read something.
    It is an extremely useful learned skill to maintain a positive style in those situations and NOT just write whatever first comes to mind - which, related to current events, is what Trump tends to do . . do you really want to be like trump?
    Last edited by silverstarzs; 2016-11-13 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_ View Post
    I completely disagree.
    In that situation you have extremely basic math and if the person got it wrong they're an idiot. After being taught countless times they still say no it's 5?
    After so many attempts to be nice and explain something, you eventually get short with the person. Either they're not listening to what your saying or don't care. People who care listen and learn.

If someone doesn't understand something explain it to them. You can only repeat yourself so many times. You're literally telling something exactly what it is and how it is. If they start to argue with you and go against facts BAM that's when you get short.

I literally told the guy you're essentially going back in time-- over ten times. Over ten fucking times. Once was enough? Naw! Say the same thing 9 more times and disagree and argue with what the factual evidence is.

Birds can fly. No they can't because of x.
    Birds can fly, look. No they can't because of x.

How many times would you repeat the above scenario before you got short with the fucking retard who's telling you birds can't fly when clearly there is a flock of birds flying 4 feet above your head.

I'm not a teacher. I hold no responsibility for teaching someone and having them learn. I don't need to hold 50% of the responsibility for them being a fucking retard. Maybe if I was a teacher and it was my job to teach, and the student was failing (but we're not talking about teaching or students) then sure, I have 50% on my shoulders for not being an effective teacher.

Holy hurt feelings batman.
    That is the problem, the definition of insane is doing the exact same thing and expect different conclusions.

You could try to explain it differently, for example, making a parallelism between the game and a book: Imagine Dalaran in lich king is a floating city in chapter 3, which as floating can be moved(if you want you also go further and say is like a caravan house), so when you reach chapter 7 people in the city decided to move it to broken isles. (if you reread(visit northrend) chapter 3 Dalaran is still on there, if you jump to 7 broken isles)

Who knows? maybe this is what was needed to make him understand.

You don't have to be a teacher to teach others, (my parents weren't teachers and they taught me a lot, as did friends, neighbours, people passing by, ...).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    You ask me how to improve the speed of your car, Instead of telling you to get a turbo and do whatever people do to cars to make them go faster I tell you to go buy a Formula 1 car. Yes the Formula 1 car is faster but it's not what you asked now is it?
    thats not how those questions translate. its rather:
    "hey, i have a toyota and a formula 1 car in my garage. next weeks theres that team cup i want to participate. i prefer the toyotas handling and dont feel like using my faster car. can you give me tuning advice?"

anyways, as most readers i greatly appreciate azors efforts. i can somewhat understand him being snide as most information is written in his guide or can be solved by simple simming. unfortunately he lacks some empathy for casual player, who havent consumed all knowledge available to hunters nowadays.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do mods not read these threads? I'm here to read about guides and shit yet everyone is bashing someone. Can we get back on topic and talk about the hunter specs for fucks sake?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Stark View Post
    Do mods not read these threads? I'm here to read about guides and shit yet everyone is bashing someone. Can we get back on topic and talk about the hunter specs for fucks sake?
    A series of varying levels of infractions went out over the last few days to a few people, so yea, they do. Although I thought it was entertaining at first, I'm kinda fed up with every thread quickly devolving into people attacking each other...
    start9

I miss the elitist jerks forums.