Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Make hunters great again!!!

Give your changes list to make hunters great again!!!

Beast Master:
    1.-
    2.-

Marksmanship:
    1.-
    2.-

Survival:
    1.-
    2.-

Deleted
    All specs should get traps back. Hunter... just doesn't feel the same ever since they removed them.
    Also, BM should get another stack of Dire Beast. The resets just feel strange when it resets when there's just 1 second left on the CD.
    Can't really say that much about the other two specs, but Survival should receive a more reliable way of getting Mongoose Bite stacks.

My biggest one is to give at least one spec great single target. Preferably MM or Surv. Right now, all 3 suck at single target and 2 of the specs have similar niches. 1 of the specs just sucks overall. There's no variety in its strengths/weaknesses.

Deleted
    MM:
    Fix sidewinders

Beast Master:
    1. Gimme a button that can actually mess up my dmg if I'm playing like a retard.
    2. Really, gimme another relevant button.

Marksmanship:
    1. Fuck Barrage.
    2. Fuck Sidewinders.

Survival:
    1. Gimme WoD Survival back.
    2. I really want WoD Survival back.

I've posted my ideas for MM rework and Survival improvement here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...sign-MM-Hunter

TLDR: A new version of MM that is customizable and allows you to emulate old Survival, old MM or a more-Legion-like spec. And a few talents and skill changes to improve the new melee Survival.
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2016-11-12 at 03:55 PM.

Deleted
    Make MM pure Single target hard hitting caster, remove Sidewinders and give it to BM. That way we have a ST and AoE range spec, with Bm having the option of wide cleave with sidewinders(Raids) or small packs with Multishot (dungeon) and it would fit BM better anyway to shoot Snakes :P

Make Beastcleave a visible buff without addons, way to many ppl dont use it properly.

Give Survival better Synergy with his Pet, Flanking strike and a bite stack here and there is kinda lame, would be fun to have a more active way to use my pet in SV.

One thing alot a ppl wont like, DONT give MM Traps ! it makes no sense for a MARKSMEN to throw traps, BM yes, SV yes, MM just give him something that fits the theme.

Deleted
    Changes - all Hunter specs id like the old aspect of the cheetah back, not this lame 3 min cd.

SV - Other than going back to a range, would love how it was start of BRF and before, the typical Black arrow, Explosive shot build it was.

MM - Instant Aimed shot - Put in as a trait on the weapon or something.

BM - well that can go die, never liked it but obviously played it when it was top of the numbers game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, let's be honest here. Survival isn't going to change back to a ranged spec. Sorry to sound crass, but get over it.

Marksman - Barrage and Sidewinders are horrid. They are so danger in instances it's not even funny. Also, they are necessary to be decent at the spec. I hate being locked into certain talent choices. The spec, in general, is painful for me because it's waiting for procs. Unlucky RNG makes the spec feel dull and boring.

Beast Mastery - Beast Cleave being a viewable buff without specific add-ons would be an amazing start. I would also love to get either Blink Strikes or Stomp baseline. Stomp gives us some great AOE that is necessary to be decent at the spec. Blink Strikes would help remove the "melee downfalls" from our "ranged" spec. Having to make your pets chase a mob halfway across the room (imagine Odyn in Trials of Valor) is frustrating when all you can do otherwise is cobra shot.

Survival - What very little I played it (just to get the weapon to be honest) I really enjoyed the spec. The only thing I might have an issue with is more of a core gameplay issue with these types of abilities in general; I hate having to target an area on the ground to drop something. Think Death and Decay, targetable Consecration, traps, etc. Always something I've disliked personally. Being as though this is merely a personal preference, I would be more inclined to leave it up to those Hunters who play the spec than me, though.

Also, saying that just because you don't care for a spec, it "can go die" is ignorant and quite frankly, selfish. What is it you don't like about it? Maybe THAT would make for better conversation than dismissing something you personally don't care for, effectively telling those of us who play the spec that you think we are trash. Entitled brat.

I'm only playing BM and it seems fine to me. Maybe give another spell (but really, why does it matter that it's a bit easier to play ?) but overall its fine to me, maybe a little +5% buff on wrath like the previous pass.

I think all BM hunters should have the 3 builds on one spec like the legendary item. The downtime when switching targets far away is a little bit annoying

Deleted
    MM - having 2 different playstyles. 1 - big crits, low mobility, 2nd - dot dmg, instant casts, hight mobility
    BM - may be some skill to maintain or other pet skill something like this
    Surv - remove raptor strike, rework most of the talents, mastery change, snakehunter talent should give instant 6 mongoose bite stacks insted of 3 more mongose bites.

Survival:
    Bring back Mop or earlier version of SV Spec and I might even buy legion and resub.

BM:

2 Charges on Dire Beast
    Permanent Speed Increase for Hati

10+ Year Old Account
    BM

1. Another ranged, baseline attack. Glaive Toss for example.
    2. Fix the pet AI. It is disastrously bad.
    3. Give us traps back, but weaker than Surv's.
    4. Make Heroism and Battle Res baseline. Its annoying to be limited to those pets if your group needs them.
    5. Charges on Dire Beast.

MM

1. A talent that allows firing on the move again.
    2. Traps. See 'BM' comment.
    3. Make the mandatory talents less mandatory. There should not be 'if you don't take this, you're an idiot' talents.

Surv

1. A heroic leap-style Pounce spell that lets us close the gap more efficiently.
    2. Harpoon resets on kill = baseline.
    3. Maximum of 3 MB stacks for Fury of the Eagle, damage adjusted accordingly.
    4. A better Mastery.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Hunter

- Rework the class for a balance between damage output and meaningful utility. We don't need to be top-list dps, but give us meaningful utility to compensate.

- More baseline CLASS abilities that both provide more engaging mechanics and utility. Specs should specialize the class for different roles as is the point of the specs, they all feel very homogeneous just as the class does overall.

Beastmaster

- The specialization, I feel, suffers from many failures of decision and critical thinking in the design process. This is a master of beasts, this is a spec that should focus on synergizing with pet damage, not relying on it necessarily because of AI limitations.

- I like the idea of Dire Beast but honestly I think it feels better suited as a Demonology ability, pulling random demons out of the nether. Replace Dire Beast with a baseline ability that calls another one of your own pets to vary your pet utility at the given time.

- More focus on synergy, meaning two or three more abilities that offer a two-hit mechanics or swap-off mechanics.

- Artifact pet is an excellent mechanic but a little undervalued. More synergy between it's damage and our character's!

Marksmanship

- This specialization seems to be quite solid but despite the promise for more control we've been given this obnoxious aoe that just throws that out the window. Redesign the spec to focus on building up the Focus resource to a huge burst. Think Insanity but an instant dump on a hugely powerful, vulnerable-to-interrupt, channeled sniper shot.

- Position and movement should be key to the class, to work both as a balance to it's huge burst potential as well as functional for it's much needed help to mobility. I think we need a weak-ish but consistent rapid-fire shot to fill while we move.

- A lot of potential for specialized shots here. While we build up to the coup-de-gras sniper shot, we should be forced to think tactfully with a host of special shots that deal damage in certain ways or offer utility for certain raid mechanics. Explosive Shot for hit and aoe burst. Gas Shot for hit and aoe dot. Aimed Shot for large direct damage. Arcane Shot on cooldown for Focus bump. (Just examples!)

- Artifact is great, I have no issues with it!

Survival

- I was the first one to cheer when I heard the plans to make a spec that offered melee capability while fighting with a pet but I think the way it was executed was rather poor. Survival's signature in the past was it's use of traps and melee so in that sense this spec feels unfinished.

- Refocusing on Traps and tactical preparation would do this spec a ton of good. Like the specialized shots I proposed for Marksmanship, Traps can add a ton of utility while augmenting the damage of the hunter with a "plan, drop and forget" routine. The character's direct damage and aoe damage in melee could potentially be augmented by meaningful Traps that include classics like Ice Trap for a small burst of frost damage and a freeze/slow depending on the target(s), Explosive Trap which does a small burst of fire damage, applies a DOT, and knocks the target(s) back. There's a lot of potential for fun Traps that offer meaningful utility while the Hunter and it's pet focus on the main target(s)!

- While I'm not entirely enthusiastic about the Polearm-themed melee abilities or Artifact weapon type, I realize that a spear/greataxe/greatsword fits the spec's theme rather well.

Overall, I think the Hunter needs work. I'm obviously not alone here and while these are just my ideas, I think it's plain to see that the Hunter is very simple and doesn't offer much to the player, not like it used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    BM

1. Another ranged, baseline attack. Glaive Toss for example.
    2. Fix the pet AI. It is disastrously bad.
    3. Give us traps back, but weaker than Surv's.
    4. Make Heroism and Battle Res baseline. Its annoying to be limited to those pets if your group needs them.
    5. Charges on Dire Beast.

MM

1. A talent that allows firing on the move again.
    2. Traps. See 'BM' comment.
    3. Make the mandatory talents less mandatory. There should not be 'if you don't take this, you're an idiot' talents.

Surv

1. A heroic leap-style Pounce spell that lets us close the gap more efficiently.
    2. Harpoon resets on kill = baseline.
    3. Maximum of 3 MB stacks for Fury of the Eagle, damage adjusted accordingly.
    4. A better Mastery.
    While I would like to have heroism and battle res all the time, I think they want to keep that part of a choice of what pet you pick. The rest of the BM changes I can agree with. Instead of Glaive Toss though, they can just make Chimera Shot baseline and it synergizes pretty well with the rest of the spec. As for Dire Beast, back when the changes first came in I thought charges would be good but now I don't think Dire Beast needs to be changed at all anymore. The charges would be a welcome change but I don't think they are necessary.

Deleted
    im currently quite happy with my hunter. only thing irking me is the hunter dilemma. we have 3 speccs of which one is only ever viable. i dont care about class fantasy but give us different raid identities. why does a pure class basically have 1 specc with no need to alternate between at least two?

turn bm or sv into a good ST specc and ild ecstatic.

For survival the two changes I'd want most:

1. A stun
    2. disengage back

I have no problem with Sidewinder and anyone who does don't understand how the spell works and how to correctly use it in a confined area same goes with barrage.

Barrage last update brought bigger problems since i can't damage anything slightly higher or lower position than myself (try it on flying mobs... you will see barrage not hitting it).

I really hope we don't get any AOE nerf on the actual AREA department... since MM hunters strong point atm is being able to cleave almost all the mobs in any encounter if positioned correctly.