Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Your alts is no supostu be at same power level as your main.
    Why not, I mean the system is already giving out better gear then the Heroic raids, why force an Alt to gain Ap and AK at a snails pace.

Bullshit i have 1 main 2 alts i never use the alts really just the app to keep mission and knowledge going. Both of them have rank 27 weapons and all i do is emmisarry and mission

Stood in the Fire chase_the_mofo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is why I quit retail, people complain about so many things in this game now............
    From all things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    Bullshit i have 1 main 2 alts i never use the alts really just the app to keep mission and knowledge going. Both of them have rank 27 weapons and all i do is emmisarry and mission
    Now thats some bullshit if I ever saw one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Well, suck it up.
    If you start your character two months after me you damn better well be a little behind.
    Because behind on gear isn't enough already, lets have another layer, long time gate system that can affect your dps from anywhere between 10-30%.
    Last edited by iky43210; 2016-11-13 at 01:17 AM.

So, I'm already looking toward 7.1.5 for my alt that's way behind. Currently AK2. I'm thinking I just sacrifice AK now and save all my notes so that when the patch drops, I buy AK10 and then use all my notes. Anybody know if this will work?

Quote Originally Posted by iky43210 View Post
    Because behind on gear isn't enough already, lets have another layer, long time gate system that can affect your dps from anywhere between 10-30%.
    hahah tell me about behind on gear... good luck getting an invite on a +2 mythic group if you are not 870 ilvl + ... don't wanna imagine hows gonna be next reset that the average ilvl will be around 875...

Quote Originally Posted by mirix View Post
    So, I'm already looking toward 7.1.5 for my alt that's way behind. Currently AK2. I'm thinking I just sacrifice AK now and save all my notes so that when the patch drops, I buy AK10 and then use all my notes. Anybody know if this will work?
    does each note have a unique ID?

i guess if the ID is the same - it should work?

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    There is one it's called Artifact Knowledge.
    That and 7.1.5 will let you buy artifact knowledge instantly for resources.

tratra, I advise you to take a look at Blizzcon's Q&A and the Q&As in general next time. This has been answered many many many many many many times over.

Quote Originally Posted by Kheims View Post
    There are too many time gates in this xpac for alts to be feasible.
    Lol, maybe if you're the kind of person that spends more time bitching about "time gates" than just oh I don't know... playing alts?
    My main is @ AK level 13. My first alt to 110 is at AK 6. I've played it less than half as long as I have my main. Seems more than reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Lol, maybe if you're the kind of person that spends more time bitching about "time gates" than just oh I don't know... playing alts?
    My main is @ AK level 13. My first alt to 110 is at AK 6. I've played it less than half as long as I have my main. Seems more than reasonable.
    No amount of time spent will ever change this fact. So if one day you want to make your alt your "main", you will never catch up due to this mechanics.

This expansion is alt unfriendly precisely because of all these time gates and how much they affect your performance. In nearly every other expansions the only significant limiting factor is gear.

In legion its gear AND long time gate.

Also you're misinterpreting the quote in your signature. A quarter ago wow was in WOD so 30% increase from that is not that amazing.
    Last edited by iky43210; 2016-11-13 at 04:36 AM.

Deleted
    Artifact Knowledge is a trash catchup mechanic. People are too blind to see the time gate is an issue.

A day for the little increases at the start is nothing but a time gate. That's why they are adding the instant buy to level 10 in a patch or two. Even they see it as a problem. There are too many time gates in this xpac for alts to be feasible.
    no they don't see it as a problem.

you should think of the free boost to lvl 10 as similar too tanaan jungle gear as a free boost to skip months worth of content.

catch up mechanics always increase later down the line, it's just the way the game is designed now. and a char starter later will always be a little behind by design choice.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My Third Alt just hit his 2nd Gold Trait. He's only a month old and I only play a a couple hours at most a day.

Alt's don't need any more catch up than they already have.

- - - Updated - - -

No amount of time spent will ever change this fact. So if one day you want to make your alt your "main", you will never catch up due to this mechanics.
    Actually, he will because AK25 is the max level, so once the alt which has shorter AK times to make up for it also hits 25 after 70ish days they will be the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    I dont get why its bad for people to catch up fast-ish? Isnt it better for more toons in the game so there are more grps to play with and faster queues? I dont get why Blizz doesnt like people playing too much wow
    catching up to 80% of a regular player fast is fine. (and arguably needed to keep enough players to play with)
    catching up to 100% of a regular player fast is not fine. (it would make a lot of people feel their accomplishments dont mean anything, so why play the game, unsub)

AK is a fine mechanic, AP being tied to only one weapon is what's crap. You either focus all your efforts into one weapon and forget about playing offspecs or you compromise and become weaker at all your specs.

Because if people don't catch up, who is going to keep playing with you when people burn out?

Its pitiful that you don't want people to be on the same level as you just because you want to feel superior for playing longer.

I mean there is already a problem progressing with ilvl, lets make artifact power a problem too.
    Alts have required just as much work to gear in previous expansions as they do now. AP and AK with the new weapon system is no longer/different than anything that's come before. And actually, being able to equip nearly an entire set of 855 crafted gear on a fresh 110 makes things a bit quicker over all. As others pointed out, we are only 2 months into an expansion, we are not at a point yet where any sort of catch up mechanics should come into play, yet we already have several. Crafted gear going up to 855 instead of 850, the quicker AK research for alts, and while it's RNG based to have one, we get our legendaries upgraded to 910 on Tuesday for free.

So an alt running around in full crafted gear, maybe a 910 legendary, and their Artifact Weapon are going be a whole hell of a lot more powerful more quickly than it took people to reach that level with their main. The ability to straight up buy AK 10 in a month or so will make all of that even easier than it is now, and it will be at a more appropriate time for it to happen. Mains don't even have access to raid sets yet for crying out loud, and with this being a 3 tier expansion, we have a long way to go. If you are talking about getting burned out already, just unsub, because you won't be capable of handling the amount of work required of you over the next 2 years.

This expansion is alt unfriendly precisely because of all these time gates and how much they affect your performance. In nearly every other expansions the only significant limiting factor is gear.

In legion its gear AND long time gate.
    Thats not true, my main was at AK3 or 4 when i leveled my alt, now my main is at AK14 (i think) and my alt is at AK13, so in time you will certainly catch up to the point where you are max 1 AK level behind, which is not to big of a deal, despite being leveled around 2 to 2.5 weeks later then main, my alt is only 3 ilvl lower then my main, 875 v.s. 872, 2 traits behind atm with alot less /played. I will agree that keeping up a army of alts at 110 and all raid geared is less feasable then it was in WoD, but keeping one alt close to main, and some alts sufficiently enough gear so that they can do WQ's, Profession and the occasional Mythic / M+ 2-4 run is perfectly doable for a non hardcore player.

I think hardcore players in top guilds have like 5-6 alts that can raid atleast heroic and are reasonably close to their mains in terms of gearing and AK/AP.
    Last edited by chronia; 2016-11-13 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    That and 7.1.5 will let you buy artifact knowledge instantly for resources.

tratra, I advise you to take a look at Blizzcon's Q&A and the Q&As in general next time. This has been answered many many many many many many times over.
    Thats gonna be weeks if not a month to get to live, you can buy upto 10.. by then any fresh level alts right now will be 10 if it takes 4 weeks to reach live.

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    Still its gonna need 2 months to even remotely get to 25+
    Because you want to catch up with you main in less than 1 month so that you can easily change to FOTM classes?

Quote Originally Posted by scrangos View Post
    Thats gonna be weeks if not a month to get to live, you can buy upto 10.. by then any fresh level alts right now will be 10 if it takes 4 weeks to reach live.
    Its still coming. Do not be an impatient kid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    Still its gonna need 2 months to even remotely get to 25+
    Oh, I am sorry. You want to get to something people have worked for months on, okay then.

Would you like a legendary vendor, too?

Honestly, the catch up mechanism is coming, that doesnt mean you get a free boost to raid levels.