Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Man'ari Eredar

Though I doubt any true eredar outside of those with the Exodar being alive. Also I doubt there's much knowledge left...unless Blizzard wants to do more with Argus. I'm fine with Argus being a patch, but I don't want them to kill all the potential either.
    It is a legion fortress world, more or less the heart of their "empire". Nathreza for example held quite a bit of knowledge as well, which is pretty much all that is left of value on such a tainted world.

At first I was disappointed it wouldn't be it's own expansion. But after reading the comments here, I'm kind of glad. Either Argus would have to be zone after zone of essentially the same thing. Or break the idea that it isn't just one big fel planet. So this is the right thing to do IMO now. I wouldn't want gameplay and zone diversity to get in the way of Argus being a complete demon planet.

What I would love to see, is the entire planet and it's continents fleshed out in a Chronicle Volume. I'm hoping we get that for Draenor/Outland first though. Show me that Ogre continenttttttt.

They said they have over 10 years of content planned after WoD

Here's me laughing at all the dumbasses who thought otherwise.

Ha. Ha.

i don't think that means we'll face down sargeras.

the fight with sargeras should take place around the planet he killed the pantheon near, and it should be between fully manifested azeroth and sargeras. it should be the longest, and most epic cinematics ever added to the game. her spiritual nature should nullify her titan weakness to fel, and the pantheon already said she has greater potential than any of them.

after the final raid of legion, we should get a cinematic that pans back to azeroth, it starts to glow with spiritual energy and she starts to emerge from the planet in her ethereal form. then, until the next expansion, she should be visible in the sky, standing over the planet. see most of the left side of her from kalimdor, most of the right side of her from eastern kingdoms, and see the top front view of her from northrend.

it'd take some work to make that happen, but that's what should happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Argus is an utterly fel tainted shithole, so there isn't really much you can do with it. Visiting for one patch is reasonable, maybe it will feature again in future expansions, with dranenei trying to cleanse it, unless we blow it up.
    "trying to cleanse it."

Don't really think that's in the realm of possibility. It was revealed in BC that the Dead Scar, the blighted path through Quel'thalas to the Sunwell, was uncleansable. This was caused by one powerful death knight and an army of undead. One powerful guy, and one army doing a march over what was probably a few days through the area. Argus has been the homeworld of the entire upper echelon of the Legion's command for 25,000 YEARS.

So one side, area an army passed through over several days. Uncleansable.
    On the other, a planet occupied for 25,000 years by the highest ranked demons in the franchise. The word you're looking for is above. There's optimism and then there's denial. Any draenei who thinks Argus can be cleansed can find the nearest soft, padded room. =-)
    Last edited by cparle87; 2016-11-12 at 05:48 AM. Reason: Added a joke.

Argus is a giant world, but it's the base of operations for the Burning Legion. What leveling zones would come out of it if it was an expansion, really? A paradise? I'm expecting everything to be green-black rocks.

Besides, why does everyone think Argus is the end of the Burning Legion? The main Legion guy is Sargeras and he is at least two times bigger than the planet itself.

Quote Originally Posted by jplusl View Post
    They said they have over 10 years of content planned after WoD
    Legion 2-3 years(guessing)
    N'zoth/azshara 2-3 years
    Void lords 2-3 years

there is 6-9 years right there already.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    Legion 2-3 years(guessing)
    N'zoth/azshara 2-3 years
    Void lords 2-3 years

there is 6-9 years right there already.
    There has never been an expansion with a runtime of 3 years. Even if all of them last 3 years for some reason, there is still going to be atleast one more, they said OVER 10 years after all.
    Realistically in those 10 years, 5 expansions will happen and probably more beyond that (Legion,Nzoth,FillerA,JainaStuff,FillerC,SylvannaStuff), given that the game hasnt been shut down because of to few players until then.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by My User Name View Post
    Argus is a giant world, but it's the base of operations for the Burning Legion. What leveling zones would come out of it if it was an expansion, really? A paradise? I'm expecting everything to be green-black rocks.

Besides, why does everyone think Argus is the end of the Burning Legion? The main Legion guy is Sargeras and he is at least two times bigger than the planet itself.
    Because only recently did we kill Archimonde and seeing as how we're killing Kil'jaeden in patch 7.2 and Argus is for patch 7.3, the only thing we could possibly do there is dismantle the Burning Legion and face Sargeras head on as he's the only big baddy left of them.

- - - Updated - - -

But since Fel magic and corruption are an essential part of what binds the universe together in Warcraft, Warlocks and Demon Hunters will still be around.
    Worgen hard, or hardly worgen?

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i don't think that means we'll face down sargeras.

the fight with sargeras should take place around the planet he killed the pantheon near, and it should be between fully manifested azeroth and sargeras. it should be the longest, and most epic cinematics ever added to the game. her spiritual nature should nullify her titan weakness to fel, and the pantheon already said she has greater potential than any of them.

after the final raid of legion, we should get a cinematic that pans back to azeroth, it starts to glow with spiritual energy and she starts to emerge from the planet in her ethereal form. then, until the next expansion, she should be visible in the sky, standing over the planet. see most of the left side of her from kalimdor, most of the right side of her from eastern kingdoms, and see the top front view of her from northrend.

it'd take some work to make that happen, but that's what should happen.
    One problem with this is we're be looking up her celestial robes if we were in Pandaria.

Quote Originally Posted by CasualWorgen View Post
    Because only recently did we kill Archimonde and seeing as how we're killing Kil'jaeden in patch 7.2 and Argus is for patch 7.3, the only thing we could possibly do there is dismantle the Burning Legion and face Sargeras head on as he's the only big baddy left of them.
    That's under assumption that KJ is going to die permanently in 7.2, though. Assuming that we're going to fight him in the Tomb of Sargeras (instead of, for example, briefly cross the portal to TN / Argus to defeat KJ then retreat), seeing that it isn't part of the Twisting Nether, it'd need to be utterly filled with Fel for KJ to be killed permanently there. So far, whether a place is considered utterly filled with Fel / Nether energy seems to be rather arbitrarily decided by Blizzard (Mar'dum, for example, wasn't). With that said, it wouldn't be impossible for Blizzard to make it that we "kill" KJ in the Tomb, his soul goes back to the Nether and reform, and we fight him again in Argus (full power, empowered, etc. to make him more powerful). "Merely a setback" meme intensifies.

Even with just KJ gone, the Legion will be over as a threat, so we might or might not be fighting Sargeras. Personally, I just find it weird to be able to kill Sargeras in 7.3. Don't really feel that we have enough power for that yet. Guess we can only wait and see.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

All but confirmed too that Sargeras will be neutralized as a threat, in one way or another, at the end of this expansion.

I knew it wasn't going to be an expansion, this is exactly how I imagined it. Outdoor zone, Raid, ect.

Also before we blow up Argus... let's hope there's some rebels and that we redeem some red eredar for subraces in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    One problem with this is we're be looking up her celestial robes if we were in Pandaria.
    well, guess they could only have her in the sky of eastern kingdoms, kalimdor, and the broken isles.

it'd probably be hard to change the skybox like that.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I figure Argus suffers legitimately from the issue people brought up with the Emerald Dream - it would all look pretty much the same, a blasted wasteland that's been utterly destroyed by demonic corruption. Not enough variety.
    People said the same thing about Northrend pre-WotLK. The only thing preventing Blizzard from creating interesting, diverse landscapes out of Argus and the Emerald Dream is a lack of imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Happy View Post
    People said the same thing about Northrend pre-WotLK. The only thing preventing Blizzard from creating interesting, diverse landscapes out of Argus and the Emerald Dream is a lack of imagination.
    How'd you suggest to design Argus to give it diversity (while not making it outright illogical or pulling some Deus Ex Machina out of nowhere) then? The entire planet has been bathed in so much Fel over 10+ thousands years that it's getting pulled into Twisting Nether by itself. Fel is kinda as anti natural life as it can get.

In comparison, Northrend is different, because it's still a natural continent. Even Emerald Dream is easier to design if they want to make it an expansion - just give it different layers. Argus is another issue altogether, however. For a planet covered by Fel for so long, it can only end up with fire, fel, rocks and maybe some void energy - that's all.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2016-11-13 at 05:51 AM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I'm think Argus will be more or less like the Molten Front - an outdoor questing area/hub whose World Quests and story will be the lead up to finally ending the Legion threat once and for all in the accompanying raid instance.
    I dont know about once and for all, but for at least 2-3 expansions yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Happy View Post
    The difference there is that neither Northrend nor the Dream were necessarily unlivable wastelands. Northrend was originally depicted as a largely frozen environment, but there was room to add in viable, diverse arctic regions with different climates as well as places like Sholazar. The Dream of course was a big example of lack of imagination, since the Dream contains all climates on Azeroth and therefore would be as diverse as Azeroth is.

But it's not like that with Argus. You *could* add in various non-demonic regions and say parts of the planet escaped corruption, but that'd be pretty beyond belief at this point after 25,000 years of demonic occupation. Why would there be anything other than blasted wastelands? If you tried to make a demon world something that wasn't a smouldering ruin, it just wouldn't feel like a demon world.

The Legion can merely be set back..no more. That's the way of serials. The bad guys need an out so they can be used in future stories. 7.3 won't be the end of the legion...not by a long shot. Just the end of the current portal.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis