Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Yes agreed. I read a great article today about the cultural/ideological divide in the US.

https://hbr.org/2016/11/what-so-many...-working-class
    Both parties have supported free-trade deals because of the net positive GDP gains, overlooking the blue-collar workers who lost work as jobs left for Mexico or Vietnam. These are precisely the voters in the crucial swing states of Ohio, Michigan, and Pennsylvania that Democrats have so long ignored. Excuse me. Who’s stupid?
    I loved the article you linked, this part especially.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Oh no don't hurt my feelings.
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

7+ Year Old Account
    I know one person who self-identifies as a jew who honestly thinks Trump is going to round up the jews and kill them so they are moving to England.

Like...how does one reach that conclusion?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    I wore one to work today.

I'm going to wear one to work on Monday.

I'm not doing it for y'all who feel just fine and dandy and don't care. I'm doing it for the people who don't feel fine and dandy. And I don't really care if you think that makes me weak, or stupid. I don't make choices like this based on the prospect of what other people might think of me.
    People who don't feel fine and dandy need to learn that everybody loses eventually. They should toughen up and face reality instead of being babied by people like you.

It's pretty crazy how all the people who came out to vote for Obama leading to a record turnout didn't even bother voting. Even less votes this election than the Bush years.

Liberals want to blame all the people who voted for anyone but Hilary, when they should be yelling at all the people who didn't vote. People like Kaepernick and the shocking amount of african americans who felt it wasn't important then but are rioting now.

I will care when democrats quit rioting
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    People who don't feel fine and dandy need to learn that everybody loses eventually. They should toughen up and face reality instead of being babied by people like you.
    You know, the worst thing in the world is trying to stand by yourself when someone is physically or verbally threatening you and getting into your space. I know this because I've had to do it, but I certainly don't wish it on anyone else. Not everyone is cut out to face off against bullies, but I've been giving them bloody noses since I was 5 years old and I'm not going to stop now just because you're personally offended by the idea that someone might be willing to stand in the gap for someone else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    I have a friend who lives in New Orleans and works in the Quarter, and according to him, the damage there is/was done primarily by anarchist groups.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    A very tiny tiny tiny portion of people are rioting. Most the people rioting are not democrats. They are just people who did not want Trump to be president. Or they are people who are using this as as excuse to riot shit. Don't generalize. That is like saying Trump voters are racist. A tiny tiny tiny fraction of them are, but for me to say they are, is completely wrong. See how that works?

7+ Year Old Account
    You know, the worst thing in the world is trying to stand by yourself when someone is physically or verbally threatening you and getting into your space. I know this because I've had to do it, but I certainly don't wish it on anyone else. Not everyone is cut out to face off against bullies, but I've been giving them bloody noses since I was 5 years old and I'm not going to stop now just because you're personally offended by the idea that someone might be willing to stand in the gap for someone else.
    I am not offended. But if you keep fighting other peoples battles they will never grow or learn. Everybody who is so "devastated" about this election just need to calm down. In 4 or 8 years they will have a chance at electing somebody who represents them better. Our nation goes back and forth. Clinton, Bush, Obama, Trump. It's a natural order of things.

People claim there are so many hate crimes going on, and maybe their are some, but there are just as many angry anti-trumpers beating up Trump supporters. Both sides need to calm down and leave each other alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not offended. But if you keep fighting other peoples battles they will never grow or learn. Everybody who is so "devastated" about this election just need to calm down. In 4 or 8 years they will have a chance at electing somebody who represents them better. Our nation goes back and forth. Clinton, Bush, Obama, Trump. It's a natural order of things.

People claim there are so many hate crimes going on, and maybe their are some, but there are just as many angry anti-trumpers beating up Trump supporters. Both sides need to calm down and leave each other alone.
    So you're not a sheepdog. That's fine. I wouldn't want your help anyway. But I was taught from the time I was small to defend those who are unable to defend themselves. I'm not going to stop now because some guy on the internet thinks it's dumb.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

This group of people is the reason I can never support SJW even if I agree somewhat with their message. I agree that there are social issues for both men and women and some minorities and it helps to be aware of them, but can we stop encouraging people to mentally act like they're fucking five? Good lord.

This hurts my soul that there are people who can't deal with issues and problems without needing holding and comforting. I know this crap will never lift off but the fact that someone thought of it is kind of physically revolting to me. I fully agree with people protesting against Trump but doing it by crying to each other and needing emotional comfort is shameful at best. You're not going to accomplish anything by showing to your opponent how weak and fragile you are. Send a message through strength, not weakness and vulnerability.
    Last edited by Irian; 2016-11-13 at 09:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    These people need professional psychological help. That or a good reality bitch slap.

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    It's pretty crazy how all the people who came out to vote for Obama leading to a record turnout didn't even bother voting. Even less votes this election than the Bush years.

Liberals want to blame all the people who voted for anyone but Hilary, when they should be yelling at all the people who didn't vote. People like Kaepernick and the shocking amount of african americans who felt it wasn't important then but are rioting now.
    I'd hope that the people bothering to protest were the same people who actually voted...in any case, I think voter apathy was in part due to the fact that many people weren't enamored with either candidate, Trump had quite a passionate fanbase and uneducated white male (also possibly female) voter turnout was 15% higher than polls predicted.

Clinton was a status quo candidate with little charisma who gave only superficial lip service for the need for change in this country, I personally think she lost for these reasons more than any other. No one is happy with the status quo at the moment, on either side of the aisle.

So you're not a sheepdog. That's fine. I wouldn't want your help anyway. But I was taught from the time I was small to defend those who are unable to defend themselves. I'm not going to stop now because some guy on the internet thinks it's dumb.
    I wish I could like this a dozen times.

I feel the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Basically how I feel.

Had one if my super Hillary supporting friends tell me not to go out alone cus I'm not white like wtf even.
    I know people that think that cause Donald Trump was elected, suddenly things akin to Jim Crow Law's are going to come back without opposition(even with Republican Majority that's absurd) and that Social progress is going to take huge leaps back. Or hell, a gay friend of mine who said he's afraid he will be killed by the government for his sexuality and has now switched his profile picture on Facebook to the 'gay Jewish tag' from Nazi Germany).

What gets me worst is when people say they had to 'break the news' to their children that Donald Trump won. I want to know what kind of stuff went on in their household. What level of 'idolizing' was done of Hillary and 'villainizing' of Trump, that their kid would care, especially when I see people talking about it and saying their 4 year olds were 'mortified'. What have you been telling your 4 year old that they would care?

I'm an independent who is just blown away at this. And I'm sure if Hillary had won the opposite would be happening(maybe not to that extent because the demographics are different. It would mostly just mean those guys that sit around at our local restaurants and complain about Politics would be a bit more livid).

Clinton was a status quo candidate with little charisma who gave only superficial lip service for the need for change in this country, I personally think she lost for these reasons more than any other. No one is happy with the status quo at the moment, on either side of the aisle.
    The DNC was happy with the status quo... Hence why they picked Hilary.... And so Trump was chosen. Not by the people but by the DNC.

You say this as if you know exactly what they're going through, and you make it sound like it's as simple as just being turned down or something.

That's not quite what it is, nor is it "babying" someone to be there for them in their time of need.

It doesn't help that both sides are fueling the fire with fake stories. IMO the media is ENTIRELY to blame for the hysteria people are worked up into.

What I find REALLY deplorable is people WISHING AND HOPING that Donald Trump fucks up and does something that screws the country over... like are you fucking INSANE..... why would you hope for such a thing.

I didn't vote for either Trump or Clinton, I am going to hope things go well and we see positive changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You say this as if you know exactly what they're going through, and you make it sound like it's as simple as just being turned down or something.

That's not quite what it is, nor is it "babying" someone to be there for them in their time of need.
    One of my favorite quotes agrees with this, "How about instead of me getting a thicker skin, you stop being an ars?" Not *exactly* how it's said, but you get the idea.

I'd hope that the people bothering to protest were the same people who actually voted...in any case, I think voter apathy was in part due to the fact that many people weren't enamored with either candidate, Trump had quite a passionate fanbase and uneducated white male (also possibly female) voter turnout was 15% higher than polls predicted.

I need to look over it again(was watching it more closely the 'night of'), but it appears Trump won with certain minority groups and Women way better than people thought. He either had numbers on par with Hillary or above par for a republican in certain districts. As you said, Hillary gave superficial Lip service, and I think people of those demographics knew it and either didn't vote or felt justified enough(it depends on each individual's personal issues) to vote for Trump as a protest vote to that.