Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Dear Paladins, what about your charger?

It is a part of your fantasy, it is an important part of retribution paladins from what I gather, yet your horses are still using vanilla models. Why didn't they update textures?

1. Do you think that upcoming class mount will be possibly available during your abilities?
    2. Do you think there is a chance for super-glowing-mount glyph to be useabe on the upcoming class mount?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie Mee View Post
    It is a part of your fantasy, it is an important part of retribution paladins from what I gather, yet your horses are still using vanilla models. Why didn't they update textures?

1. Do you think that upcoming class mount will be possibly available during your abilities?
    2. Do you think there is a chance for super-glowing-mount glyph to be useabe on the upcoming class mount?
    Have you actually looked at the mount? It looks nothing like the vanilla model and anyone that believes otherwise should open their eyes.

They have a totally unique model (not skeleton, as I haven't seen it actually fly), where the armor seems to be separate rather than 'spray painted' on. I can't wait to see more of it, to be honest, and i'm hoping that all the animations do it justice.

Out of all the mounts, I think warlocks got hosed the most, since theirs actually looks like a mild variation of the Epic Undead mount.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    Have you actually looked at the mount? It looks nothing like the vanilla model and anyone that believes otherwise should open their eyes.

They have a totally unique model (not skeleton, as I haven't seen it actually fly), where the armor seems to be separate rather than 'spray painted' on. I can't wait to see more of it, to be honest, and i'm hoping that all the animations do it justice.

Out of all the mounts, I think warlocks got hosed the most, since theirs actually looks like a mild variation of the Epic Undead mount.
    first part is about charger, the one you are using during abilities, which I have clearly said, the one you have since vanilla.

I do hope that Divine Steed gets updated to the new charger. As for the charger itself - a lot of people have complained at yet another horse, but really, what else would you do? I love it personally, it's beautiful, and the horse models are my favourite. Sure, it's still a horse like our old one, but it looks so much better.

I do like the horse we get but I also have to admit it needs more armor or something to better capture the fantasy of a holy warrior.

Tbh though, I'll likely be using the nightfallen mount you get at the end of the questline since it flies and looks so good. I'd use that one over most of the class mounts, it matches our crystal forge set and it just looks good.

I definitely hope they will make a glyph for Divine Steed to use the new mount. While I don't see myself using the mount in general, I'd kill for anything that updates or replaces the Charger. With all the new armor, character models, new environments, etc. the outdated model sticks out like a sore thumb every time it's used. It's not a game-breaking experience by any means, but it would be nice to have a bit of a choice.

You should reread. He is talking about the model used for Divine Steed for Blood Elves and Humans. And Glyph of Trusted Steed. It uses a vanilla mount as the abilities texture.

He's asking if the new class mount might be available for the Divine Steed animation. And I do hope so.

To the OP questions :
    1. No
    2. No

Why would they bother?

10+ Year Old Account
    If it wasn't for the flying part, I'd still use my charger in 7.2, sadly I feel like this will be used to justify never updated our class mount even though I'd prefer that over some worse looking flyer. And no for both the question since your charger is pretty much an ability where as the class mount (probably) isn't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    If it wasn't for the flying part, I'd still use my charger in 7.2, sadly I feel like this will be used to justify never updated our class mount even though I'd prefer that over some worse looking flyer. And no for both the question since your charger is pretty much an ability where as the class mount (probably) isn't.
    oh, this would be bad, original charger looks super cool and with updated model he would be the best horsie in the game.

and about upcoming mount, this quetsion I have: will it fly by just running in the skies or will it spread some sort of wings? I guess that most people hope for some golden wings but, well, they didnt show em

I will likely be sticking with my Argent charger because it matches my transmog. The mount itself is nice though, just too much gold, not enough silver.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

Mages have the worst class mount...the flying potato chip

Quote Originally Posted by Ellmist View Post
    Mages have the worst class mount...the flying potato chip
    I personally think the worst is warriors and then mages. Warriors have a mentally handicapped light red proto drake. Imo the red proto drake that's already in the game is better.

Also, I don't believe we will be getting different colors per spec. They said they aren't giving different colors to classes that don't really have different colors that represent each spec. As Paladins we're basically all yellow and holy.

Hopefully the wings are really good. That's a make it or break it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Raeli View Post
    I do hope that Divine Steed gets updated to the new charger. As for the charger itself - a lot of people have complained at yet another horse, but really, what else would you do? I love it personally, it's beautiful, and the horse models are my favourite. Sure, it's still a horse like our old one, but it looks so much better.
    Like YOUR old one maybe. My old one is an elekk.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't see my Draenei on the new charger. May not even bother doing the quests for it, unless they offer artifact power. It's fine for human pallies, I guess, and I have plenty of other mounts to choose from.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I would have agreed with you about the mage mount until watcher explained that it was the discs from the Malygos fight. TBH thats pretty cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    I don't see my Draenei on the new charger. May not even bother doing the quests for it, unless they offer artifact power. It's fine for human pallies, I guess, and I have plenty of other mounts to choose from.
    It's my understanding that you'll receive the mount for the Legion flying achievement, so it's not really a question of 'doing the quest', you'll get it when you do the achievement. I might be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    It's my understanding that you'll receive the mount for the Legion flying achievement, so it's not really a question of 'doing the quest', you'll get it when you do the achievement. I might be wrong though.
    I thought it involved an order hall quest, or series of quests, but I've been wrong before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    You are wrong. The mount is a reward from finishing new order hall questline.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was hoping for a Holy Lion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    You are wrong. The mount is a reward from finishing new order hall questline.
    That's what I thought. Mounts are like transmog, and for me this will be like the artifact quests. I do them and collect the appearances but I'm still using the same transmog pieces I've had since before Legion. I'll do the new order hall quests, collect the new mount, and keep using the same mounts I've always used on this toon.

Grats though, to those who love the new mount and are excited to get it. Just because it doesn't suit my particular toon doesn't mean it isn't great for yours, and I'm happy for you.