Page 1 of 2
LastLast

President Elect Trump said he wanted to spend every weekend in his penthouse

So a couple days after he won the election, he had:

- somehow backtrack on his promise to repeal obamacare, said he would keep it going. just change the points he dont like. and keep the ones he like (kinda reasonable, but meh)
    - promised to clean the swamp. but filled his transition team with all the rich donors, lobbyists and supporters. when he claimed he refused money from lobbyists. people are worried that he might just drain the old swamp and refill it with a new generation of landfills anyway.
    - trying to explore the option to not move into the white house, instead seeking to spend every weekend in his penthouse on trump towers instead. which means he will fly every weekend to rest at home. cause President's job is a 5-day job... i guess?
    - still refused to put his companies in blind trust. instead will put his son/ daughter in control of his companies. conflict of interest anyone?

and then i just read this. russia apparently changed their tone from "willing to talk about peace" into "will look and see how trump performs before making any judgment"

le sigh

I heard that he said:

"I didn't say any of the things they're writing on the MMO-Champ".

le sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I heard that he said:

"I didn't say any of the things they're writing on the MMO-Champ".

le sigh
    independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-elections/donald-trump-obamacare-repeals-latest-policies-quote-replacement-president-elect-a7412621.html

chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-trump-swamp-donors-lobbyists-20161112-story.html

independent.co.uk/news/people/donald-trump-plans-to-split-time-between-white-house-and-his-new-york-penthouse-trump-election-a7413721.html

washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/11/11/donald-trumps-questionable-blind-trust-setup-just-got-more-questionable/

news.sky.com/story/vladimir-putin-will-wait-to-see-if-donald-trump-is-real-deal-10653433

you were saying?

The swamp? Anyone clarify what this is? An actual swamp or a metaphor for something?

Quote Originally Posted by kyouapple View Post
    - trying to explore the option to not move into the white house, instead seeking to spend every weekend in his penthouse on trump towers instead. which means he will fly every weekend to rest at home. cause President's job is a 5-day job... i guess?
    Didn't George Bush end up taking an amount of vacation that added up to pretty much a year total over his eight years? So clearly not a stressfull job

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    The swamp? Anyone clarify what this is? An actual swamp or a metaphor for something?
    It's referring to all the anti-establishment and anti-money-in-politics talk around Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieEater View Post
    Didn't George Bush end up taking an amount of vacation that added up to pretty much a year total over his eight years? So clearly not a stressfull job
    yeah, that i could understand (although i dont agree with. but meh... its bush. what do you expect?) but. every weekend? he's already treating this like an office company job. oh boy... are we going for a full white house policy overhaul?

anyone paying attention already knew he was going to delegate the actual work to his VP

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    It's referring to all the anti-establishment and anti-money-in-politics talk around Trump.
    It's a bit of an ironic phrase though, because while swamps are a bit gross, they are an important part of the local ecosystem and it's generally recognized that all the land reclamation efforts of the past did a lot more harm than good.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, that i could understand (although i dont agree with. but meh... its bush. what do you expect?) but. every weekend? he's already treating this like an office company job. oh boy... are we going for a full white house policy overhaul?
    Sounds like his kids won't be coming to Washington so much, and he wants to go to them. Then again is that really all that strange? Jefferson liked Montecello more than the White House too, and for Trump as sad as it is to say.. the White House is probably a downgrade.

I'll give him the chance to try his hand at being President. I mean if he can go to 5 states in 1 day, this seems like it'll be a cake-walk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    The Swamp: Washington establishment.
    Drain the Swamp: End the establishment.

Or so Trump supporters were led to believe. What has actually come to pass for Trump's future administration is establishment personified.

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Sounds like his kids won't be coming to Washington so much, and he wants to go to them. Then again is that really all that strange? Jefferson liked Montecello more than the White House too, and for Trump as sad as it is to say.. the White House is probably a downgrade.

I'll give him the chance to try his hand at being President. I mean if he can go to 5 states in 1 day, this seems like it'll be a cake-walk.
    yeah, i mean. if he's just going to let his VP do all the work. i suppose it all makes sense.

honestly the biggest problem i have with his presidency is the blind trust. sounds like he's meeting with his children so he can make all the best policies to profit his companies.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, i mean. if he's just going to let his VP do all the work. i suppose it all makes sense.

honestly the biggest problem i have with his presidency is the blind trust. sounds like he's meeting with his children so he can make all the best policies to profit his companies.
    The US Federal Government wasn't a four trillion dollar amalgamation responsible for 320,000,000 people and the center of all global policy when Jefferson was President though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post

That actually makes me wonder, do you need to make a law or an executive order or something if you want to renovate the White House?
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by i push buttons View Post
    the us federal government wasn't a four trillion dollar amalgamation responsible for 320,000,000 people and the center of all global policy when jefferson was president though.
    stop confusing me t_t

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    That actually makes me wonder, do you need to make a law or an executive order or something if you want to renovate the White House?
    remember obama's standup joke where he claimed that if trump became president, the white house will have a big trump name on it and painted gold?
    yeah. thats getting closer to reality

Well the further he is away from the white house, the better. You should be happy. Its pretty obvious he wont run the country much himself, and will get others that are qualified to do it for him. Unfortunately they are all republicans. Or fortunately, depending where you stand.

It kind of goes to show you how small minded Trump is that he's still thinking of petty little schemes to line his own pockets. As president, the degree of control he can exert and the resources at his command far far outweigh whatever his little hotels and golf courses are worth.

Honestly it should be a 5 day job. Why do you people think the federal government should be running everything? Its disgusting. Soon enough they be physically feeding and cleaning you sheep.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Umm, how to secure the tower ? Trump ( or Secret Service, whatelse) is not entitled to hand pick the inhabitants of trump tower or kick them out over weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by BannedForViews View Post
    Honestly it should be a 5 day job. Why do you people think the federal government should be running everything? Its disgusting. Soon enough they be physically feeding and cleaning you sheep.
    Because the rest of the world doesn't stop when the President clocks off? There are myriad situations that could arise that the President has to respond to immediately, geopolitical and domestic.