Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Llarold View Post
    No debate, Hot Blooded is better because it has a defensive component. Its damage contribution is typically less than a 1% total damage increase per rank. Full Keg is an equally useless defensive gain and gives roughly 2% damage for one point (it also comes with the weapon). As I said before, Dragonfire Brew is the best single point damage increase trait by a vast margin, and the added utility of add pickup is meaningful.

Tank damage matters, whether it's during early week raid kills or Mythic+. Enemy damage is agnostic. It doesn't care whether it came from the Brewmaster, the Holy Priest, or the Fire Mage. To call the skillful tradeoff between maximizing damage output and reduction "padding like a scumlord" is disrespectful to the discourse and the community at large.

As for valuing DFB, we are at the point that a Brewmaster main who has played the game with a modicum of dedication towards AP collection since release will now be at the point of choosing between DFB and Staggering Around. That is a non-choice.

Provoke's sprint component, particularly in conjunction with Dave, is tremendously underrated and completely unique.
    Unfortunately, I do not agree with you. Having Expel Harm outdamage Dragonfire Brew on fights is pretty bleak. Yes, it could be, with the chest, the biggest dps trait we have on the artifact. However, it's easy to win the race when you're running against nobody else. I don't want the trait on there to begin with. It's not tank-relevant and we desperately need tank relevant things.

Tank damage does indeed matter, but when you're sacrificing mitigation for an orange number nobody will look at, and will be replaced within a month by someone with a speed kill, you're being disrespectful to your guild.

I was going for more of a vacuum value, not prioritizing. Any worthwhile Brm should have their artifact 34 by now. I was the first brewmaster to 34, going to be deep into 35 later today, going at a casual pace. I was definitely susceptible to the discouragement of what the 35+ traits offer.

Provoke is a little outdone by Warlord's Challenge. You don't need statue up/alive, you don't need enemies within 10 yds of it, and there's no worry of pulling extra by having statue.

Edit: Also, I want more sources of damage that isn't reduced by armor or our abilities that do physical damage boosted to compensate.
    Last edited by stross01; 2016-11-13 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ColdParadox View Post
    Brewmaster

--- Aggro / pulling ---

- Make RJW passive & non-talent skill : Everytime you use Tiger palm you generate a RJW around you (don't use a GCD anymore, goes better with our rotation and/or BoS talent), could be a buff (with unlimited time) that you have to cast on you for it to proc (so you can have it not activate if you want)
    I like this idea, but having tiger palm be an integral part of brew generation means if you don't want RJW you're not generating brews as effectively. I think thematically, it might work better with blackout strike, since the animation is a spin anyway, and it has a natural cooldown. Maybe you generate winds for 2 seconds after the strike. . .

Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    Unfortunately, I do not agree with you. Having Expel Harm outdamage Dragonfire Brew on fights is pretty bleak. Yes, it could be, with the chest, the biggest dps trait we have on the artifact. However, it's easy to win the race when you're running against nobody else. I don't want the trait on there to begin with. It's not tank-relevant and we desperately need tank relevant things.

Tank damage does indeed matter, but when you're sacrificing mitigation for an orange number nobody will look at, and will be replaced within a month by someone with a speed kill, you're being disrespectful to your guild.

I was going for more of a vacuum value, not prioritizing. Any worthwhile Brm should have their artifact 34 by now. I was the first brewmaster to 34, going to be deep into 35 later today, going at a casual pace. I was definitely susceptible to the discouragement of what the 35+ traits offer.

Provoke is a little outdone by Warlord's Challenge. You don't need statue up/alive, you don't need enemies within 10 yds of it, and there's no worry of pulling extra by having statue.

Edit: Also, I want more sources of damage that isn't reduced by armor or our abilities that do physical damage boosted to compensate.
    Humblebrag? Lol I have played a fair amount and my ww and brew are only 27. Not everyone only plays one spec.
    Yes our golden could use a dps bump. But is still a decent gain for 1 point vs staggering around which does nothing.

The class isn't nearly as bad as you make it sound. Sometimes one tank is behind and others are ahead. We were overpowered since mop.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathzero View Post
    Humblebrag? Lol I have played a fair amount and my ww and brew are only 27. Not everyone only plays one spec.
    Yes our golden could use a dps bump. But is still a decent gain for 1 point vs staggering around which does nothing.

The class isn't nearly as bad as you make it sound. Sometimes one tank is behind and others are ahead. We were overpowered since mop.
    27 + 27 is only 1.5mil ap. That's very little. That's a few days of casual m+ and the ap world quests.

I'm saying that every other tank is better. We're 'adequate'. If you're looking for a tank that brings spice to a group, don't look at a brewmaster.

27 + 27 is only 1.5mil ap. That's very little. That's a few days of casual m+ and the ap world quests.

I'm saying that every other tank is better. We're 'adequate'. If you're looking for a tank that brings spice to a group, don't look at a brewmaster.
    Casual? Y'all got some weird definition of Casual.

If you average 25k per M+ (which averages like M8 right now I believe), you' still need 40 M+ dungeons to make 1 mil AP, plus 80 or so AP WQ to get that. That isn't really just a "few days of casual m+ and ap world quests."

Deleted
    How do you search for talent choices, if I may ask?
    Go into statistics, under the class filter there's options for talents, legendaries and trinkets.

Here's a link to talents:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...ntinfo=Talents

10+ Year Old Account
    Buff Xuen. Hit Combo is lazy and boring. I want my cat back.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daws001 View Post
    God, this. Xuen is my best friend, a fucking king, is proud but does not boast, and he has gotten me out of so many tight spots in this game. My favorite cooldown by far.

I rerolled from druid since I think brewmaster is more fun to tank, but I really miss some raid utility.

Something that looks like Lili's barrel ult from heroes of the storm where she opens a big barrel and it looks like a lot of chi waves are swarming out to heal everyone.
    It doesnt need to be a heal, but I think it would be awesome to have an aoe heal as a tank.
    It could throw out 5 chi waves for every group member and while channeling the monk gets 60% less damage (so it could be used as a tank-cooldown, since we don't have much) It should be around 3 or 4 minutes cd and last 6 seconds and cooldown could be reduced like other brews.
    It could replace Zen Meditation by talent or something or just be baseline.

Also I would like to see 7-Sided-Strikes skill from diablo3 that pauses stagger for 3 seconds with a 20 seconds cd.

This could help us to smooth down the damage a bit and we could have a nice raid-heal skill

We also need some more pvp love. BM Tanks just suck and I really love playing every other tank in PVP. Something that makes as better at cc or heal or lets BM play like a damage spec. But atm we just dont do much damage, dont cc, dont heal and we cant even carry a flag since we get to much damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    I rerolled from druid since I think brewmaster is more fun to tank, but I really miss some raid utility.

Something that looks like Lili's barrel ult from heroes of the storm where she opens a big barrel and it looks like a lot of chi waves are swarming out to heal everyone.
    It doesnt need to be a heal, but I think it would be awesome to have an aoe heal as a tank.
    It could throw out 5 chi waves for every group member and while channeling the monk gets 60% less damage (so it could be used as a tank-cooldown, since we don't have much) It should be around 3 or 4 minutes cd and last 6 seconds and cooldown could be reduced like other brews.
    It could replace Zen Meditation by talent or something or just be baseline.

Also I would like to see 7-Sided-Strikes skill from diablo3 that pauses stagger for 3 seconds with a 20 seconds cd.

This could help us to smooth down the damage a bit and we could have a nice raid-heal skill

We also need some more pvp love. BM Tanks just suck and I really love playing every other tank in PVP. Something that makes as better at cc or heal or lets BM play like a damage spec. But atm we just dont do much damage, dont cc, dont heal and we cant even carry a flag since we get to much damage.
    They've made it pretty clear they don't give a shit how tanks function in PVP as long as they're never as good as a dps. I believe there's a blue post somewhere that says exactly that or something similar. Maybe a tweet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Icecat View Post
    God, this. Xuen is my best friend, a fucking king, is proud but does not boast, and he has gotten me out of so many tight spots in this game. My favorite cooldown by far.
    All 3 of our cooldown pets are really cool thematic wise but besides ChiJi none is really worth taking, ever.

- - - Updated - - -

They've made it pretty clear they don't give a shit how tanks function in PVP as long as they're never as good as a dps. I believe there's a blue post somewhere that says exactly that or something similar. Maybe a tweet.
    Posted an hour ago:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

PVP:

For Blood, we no longer feel the damage reduction on Blood Boil is necessary. We plan to make a broader set of changes for them (and other tanks) in Patch 7.1.5.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

RJW baseline because add pickup as brm is aids if you dont have it
    a way to fix "i got no brews my stagger is high AF and i feel i can never have IBS up again" scenario
    Fixing the perception that brm is bad
    Not having blizzard think its great design that "BRM is best at low hp"

I know. Its not about being competitive. It’s about having fun. I enjoyed Warrior, Druid, Paladin and DK Tank in PvP because everyone has something special without breaking the game. Druid Tank was even playable in 2v2 Arena till some rating. But the Brewmaster is really useless.

I would love to see our energy reg being replaced by something like this:

Refreshing Brew: 4 Seconds Cast (Channeling) - 7 Seconds Cooldown
    Restores 25 Energy at a second
    While Drinking from your Keg the Brewmaster cannot dodge but will receive less damage equal to his dodge chance. Drinking from your Keg will reset the cool down of Keg Smash and Breath of Fire.

Talent:
    A touch of Honey - Passiv
    Drinking from your Refreshing Brew will cleanse of 50% of your stagger damage
    replaces Purifying Brew and makes Ironskin Brew a one Minute Cooldown

oh and also..
    our own overheal needs to reduce stagger
    Last edited by Inukashi; 2016-11-15 at 08:55 AM.

I think RJW is iconic to Windwalkers so I don't want to see it go away, but I also think our AoE is insane right now and the last thing we need is another baseline ability.

I think the talent should be reworked. Maybe it should once again replace SCK and affect the way SCK stacks in some way. Maybe something like: it outputs less damage than SCK but it multiplies by every target RJW touches, not every target you personally hit? I dunno. Maybe that's ludicrous, but I would love an option to not have to tab target and RJW seems like the opportunity.

I'm also interested in the fact that the Destruction Warlock tree got rearranged to pit Single Target choices against each other and AoE choices against each other. I far prefer this design so I can choose the ST style I like and the AoE style I like, while still being simultaneously effective at both. Not sure how this philosophy would affect the WW arrangement but I'd love to hear people's thoughts on it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoeboots View Post
    I'd like to see some Windwalker talents looked at.

Hit Combo is too good. It should either be baseline or put up against Serenity so that you're making a meaningful choice between big sustained or big burst. In it's current row, we never take RJW or Xuen, both of which are iconic and fun for the class.

WDP shouldn't be a talent. The class feels so much better with that one extra ability. Maybe we should get a baseline ability called Dragon Punch and the talent makes it Whirling?

Chi Burst shouldn't have a cast time. Nerf it's damage output if necessary but casting feels wrong in this class

Biggest thing: There really should be a talent row that specifically deals with SEF. It's the most iconic spell in the game IMO and it kinda stinks that I'm replacing it with Serenity if I want the best ability (in theory). An SEF talent row could offer the current version of SEF vs WoD's version vs the beta version of SEF. The beta version could basically replace Chi Orbit and do the same thing, only be animated as your clones hanging out nearby.
    I like what you said about the talents. This is a thing I could get behind of. The choice of sustained dmg vs burst sounds fun, having dragon punch baseline would feel more complete. I hate that serenity is a must have because I love the dragon punch attack. And me having the Cinidaria belt forces me even more into Serenity now because I can blow all my cd's in the first 10% and get max benefit out of that legendary.
    With these changes I could get all the fun out of the class/spec I love.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endrachi View Post
    The choice of sustained dmg vs burst sounds fun.
    Only if you enjoy carrying tomes around.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ginfleth View Post
    Only if you enjoy carrying tomes around.
    is this really an issue?! Who doesnt carry around tomes? It used to be like that in the previous expansions... I dont understand why that is an issue....at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daws001 View Post
    I really wish they just made all of the pets base for each spec and thier talents just buff them. They are such amazing class fantasy spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Endrachi View Post
    is this really an issue?! Who doesnt carry around tomes? It used to be like that in the previous expansions... I dont understand why that is an issue....at all.
    Since you can't buy them for a couple silver from a vendor anymore, you need to buy them from scribes. My server has them constantly at 200+ gold each.

That is why.

Im not 110 yet but for leveling my BrM i feel way better then on my blood dk.