Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    So it's basically an "I'm a SJW" pin. Even setting aside the fact that the article specifically mentions people who feel "marginalized" by Trump, I fail to see how your explanation is any different, or better, than the one I gave. It's basically pussies saying they'll stand up for other pussies. It's stupid.
    I mean, when you consider the kind of beating a vagina takes in pursuit of birthing a child, calling someone a "pussy" like it's a bad thing is kind of stupid.

But you do you.

If you want to call me a SJW for wearing a pin, that's your affair. However, it's also a patently hilarious statement.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    http://people.com/style/americans-we...in-solidarity/

Your opinion? I am trying to be sympathetic but I literally could not roll my eyes any harder at this.
    If your a white man, even if your afraid, scared etc, fuck you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by svenforkbeard View Post
    If your a white man, even if your afraid, scared etc, fuck you.
    *you're

If you're going to be silly, please at least use proper grammar.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Basically how I feel.

Had one if my super Hillary supporting friends tell me not to go out alone cus I'm not white like wtf even.
    Because todays standard leftist is still a child inside of an adult meatsuit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Huffington Post says safety pins are disrespectful and racist because it's a symbol of white privilege and by wearing a pin you're showing off that you're not marginalized.

Also something about the pins being an easy way to hand wave away the white race's responsibility that is an elected Trump.

So don't wear pins to show support or solidarity because you're still scum.

TLDR there's no escape, everything is directly your fault, and no gesture or effort will change their negative opinion of you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    I mean, when you consider the kind of beating a vagina takes in pursuit of birthing a child, calling someone a "pussy" like it's a bad thing is kind of stupid.
    You fucking wot m8

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Good. Its a positive symbol. Lets people know they arent alone they have friends out there.
    People need to grow the fuck up then. What are they, 8 year old's? Jesus

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    People need to grow the fuck up then. What are they, 8 year old's? Jesus
    Theirs a palpable degree of fear out there over trump. You may disagree with it but after 8 years of Obama is coming for you you must surely understand it exists. If something as innocuous as wearing a safety pin brings them comfort I fail to see the harm.

I see people are making their FB pics a safety pin now...thats sure to solve the issues. lol
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    I see people are making their FB pics a safety pin now...thats sure to solve the issues. lol
    Just look at Matt Harrigan who said he was going to get a sniper rifle and assassinate Donald Trump. I wonder if this will catch on and all these people will change their pics from safety pins to sniper rifles.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    Yes.

Yes.
    Thankfully I am not required to wear one as a CSU employee, but ugh I suspect there is an informal peer pressure requirement. D:
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Just look at Matt Harrigan who said he was going to get a sniper rifle and assassinate Donald Trump. I wonder if this will catch on and all these people will change their pics from safety pins to sniper rifles.
    I was under the impression these people were the sorts who get ptsd from looking at a gun....
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Theirs a palpable degree of fear out there over trump. You may disagree with it but after 8 years of Obama is coming for you you must surely understand it exists. If something as innocuous as wearing a safety pin brings them comfort I fail to see the harm.
    What about the people who it comforts to tweet that they are going to buy a sniper rifle and assassinate Donald Trump?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    I was under the impression these people were the sorts who get ptsd from looking at a gun....
    You know, it does strike me as odd that you have all these people advocating for a revolution, yet oddly enough they are all anti-gun.
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Why can't they just accept reality

I dont really comment on political bull shit but this comes from trump never disavowing certain behavior. So since trump won it validates certain peoples ideas that if trump can do or say x y z then its okay for me to do so as well. So its a symbol i guess to show that you are not one of the crazies out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I believe your hands should be cut off. As I feel your opinions prove your not fit to type.
    Gen Off-Topic being hella ruthless

10+ Year Old Account
    What about the people who it comforts to tweet that they are going to buy a sniper rifle and assassinate Donald Trump?
    I think that's terrible but theirs a clear difference between the pin and threatening harm and violence. One is clearly trying to represent a positive message.

I think that's terrible but theirs a clear difference between the pin and threatening harm and violence. One is clearly trying to represent a positive message.
    Hypothetically speaking, if the fears that are driving people to put on safety pins are real, then shouldn't all of these people be advocating to assassinate Trump? And if the fears are not real, then they are acting irrationally and should be told that they have nothing to fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Thankfully I am not required to wear one as a CSU employee, but ugh I suspect there is an informal peer pressure requirement. D:
    Well hopefully you aren't pressured into anything you don't want to do. Which reminds me of this Seinfeld clip:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv2PgWmQ1Lo

10+ Year Old Account
    Hypothetically speaking, if the fears that are driving people to put on safety pins are real, then shouldn't all of these people be advocating to assassinate Trump?
    No they shouldn't. You may disagree with much of what the man has said and you may fear that he will enact many of his regressive policies but that doesn't give you the right to plan violence against the man.

No they shouldn't. You may disagree with much of what the man has said and you may fear that he will enact many of his regressive policies but that doesn't give you the right to plan violence against the man.
    These people are afraid that he is literally Hitler, which means it would be an immoral thing not to take action. If Trump is truly as evil as they claim, then hiding behind safety pins is an act of cowardice. So I will ask again, if their fear is justified then are they not morally obligated to advocate and pursue the assassination of the person they consider to be the second coming of Hitler?

Of course, I don't advocate violence here because my personal opinions on Trump differ, but if I honestly believed what these people believe then it would seem like the only moral stance to take was violent rebellion.