Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    You replied to
    Oh I'm fine with making more different games. But to leave a story on a cliffhanger? Gross. They should've left the beginning/ending out of the presequel if they were gonna make a new game.
    With
    Presequel wasn't made by Gearbox....
    They had full control over the story and that's what he hinted at.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    You replied to

With

They had full control over the story and that's what he hinted at.
    Once again was developed by 2k AUS, So only they know who had control over what. As far as we know they didn't seeing how 2k AUS developed it.

Also like I said its best to pretend that BLTPS didn't happen anyway.

My original point ether way still stands. Game series have cliffhangers its nothing new.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Its a system where pro's outweigh cons IMO.
    There is no pro's

Game ends early - go back into que it sucks for both sides it's only a pro for sore losers
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    There is no pro's

Game ends early - go back into que it sucks for both sides it's only a pro for sore losers
    Being able to leave a game and not get rail road for 20mins is a pro.

You must be new to moba's. Would you rather people just say fuck it and leave.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Too little too late. Sadly Gearbox thought it was a good idea to launch this game ontop of Overwatch which is mindboggling retarded and with a full price tag even. Ingame, personally, is a giant clusterfuck of colors that makes it nauseating to maintain control of wtf is going on.
    Yeah the UI is really bad and the screen is constantly clustered with shit going on. It's very unenjoyable.

Deleted
    Once again was developed by 2k AUS, So only they know who had control over what. As far as we know they didn't seeing how 2k AUS developed it.

Also like I said its best to pretend that BLTPS didn't happen anyway.

My original point ether way still stands. Game series have cliffhangers its nothing new.
    They most certainly did, otherwise they wouldn't be operating along with them nor would the anonymous sources which recently came out suggest that 2K and Gearbox interferred with their work when doing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I still don't get the Overwatch vs. Battleborn thing.
    The surface comparisons are all people needed to see to kill any word of mouth.

Marketing had nothing to do with it. They tried to copy Overwatch and failed miserably, there's no comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Marketing had nothing to do with it. They tried to copy Overwatch and failed miserably, there's no comeback.
    It had everything to do with it and if you think it copy'ed OW then you clearly never played it.

I think you didn't do your research: Overwatch is an arena FPS, Battleborn is a MOBA in first person.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Its actually a really fun game. But launching next to overwatch poor advertisement and some questionable game designs (a surrender button really? ) it just gets overshadowed
    Smite is a similar game and has a surrender button too. The thing is, Smite was so long in alpha and beta and received so many updates its gameplay is pretty solid now and everything feels right. Smite can be free to play or pay once for every single god they ever make. Battleborn just cant compete with Smite where the gameplay matters for most players. It only looks like overwatch. But it plays like shit compared to its one real competitor.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-11-14 at 12:51 AM.

So much this ^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    That sounds plausible to me. OW did a great job building hype with the open beta and free to play weekend. (I have no idea if Gearbox did something similar)

At least you can pick up a preowned copy of Battleborn super cheap, it's $15-20 at most retailers.
    For that matter OW is doing yet another free weekend, the 18th-21st of November. Anyone who is interested in Overwatch but isn't sure if they want to spend their money, make a note of the date and try it then.

- - - Updated - - -

And this is why the marketing was a massive problem, you actually think it was supposed to be like Overwatch. The games are extremely different in terms of gameplay and systems. Battleborn is closer to League of Legends than it is to Overwatch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Presequel wasn't made by Gearbox....[/QUOTE]

2K Australia, yes. But Gearbox does have some control over it. Especially the direction of the story.

It had everything to do with it and if you think it copy'ed OW then you clearly never played it.
    Let's not forget that Battleborn producers were purposely comparing it to overwatch like it was a pair of rival schools playing football. "We totally kick overwatch's ass! Come and see!" And that could of been avoided entirely as they are two very different games. Part of that damage, the majority I would say, was self-inflicted.

-Someone already posted this video-
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I still don't get the Overwatch vs. Battleborn thing. Battleborn is firmly a moba from everything I've seen, it's pure moba design. Overwatch is an objective based shooter a la TF2. It shares little to nothing in common with Battleborn beyond the fact that it has unique characters and is a first person shooter.

From a purely visual standpoint, yeah, both are bright, colorful, stylized shooters. But I can't really see much that ties them together beyond them both being FPS games with similar visual design directions.
    I'm pretty sure people jump to that conclusion due to how close they were released, and to a lot of people, first person anything=same. Hell, I never heard of BB until they released it in May and people started digging into it.

Deleted
    Because Battleborn and Overwatch is two completely different games.
    Well... If that was always the case, then why did you make this thread?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...re-you-getting

I mean, if they're two completely different games, why make a thread asking which one people would get? Makes no sense. Surely there'd be no need to ask that question about two completely different games. People weren't making threads about whether people are going to get Sims 4 or Battlefield 1, right?

Perhaps people who took part in setting those games against each other, such as making polls on forums about which one of them people would buy, were a part of the problem in Battleborn's downfall? Just thinking out loud here.

I always wanted to try it but I fear my computer in its fairly outdated glory won't run it all that well.

Looks like its actually had the opposite effect strangely. Search it on Twitter now and the only related stuff i'm seeing is gearbox themselves or bots, check twitch and its the lowest ranked game on there. Period. the max i saw was 4 people all playing together streaming separately watching each other to try and pump up numbers. Ranked lower in community participation than Chess, Godhand and Sonic Unleashed.

I wonder if this getting reported gave the reverse effect and made the average consumer see it as an act of desperation that made them go "welp, games dead" and not bother?

Still i wonder what it means for Gearbox, aren't they owned by 2k? after the mess and "Evolve stage 2" that seemed to last all of a month before giving up i don't think a f2p transition would be a welcome idea in house right now, but what else can they do?

I mean the characters were fun and well thought of, the problem is the company behind it stuck their dick in a blender and chose to hit puree and they ruined it. This was a marketing failure from the get go. Too expensive and claiming it was in direct competition with overwatch for no reason what so ever.
    I personally liked Attikus, loved going on a rampage down a pathway all the way to a portal squishing every single thing coming out of the portal until I wrecked the portal in pve maps, it was an 'I win' button, but the mismanagement of this game was stunning.