Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I boost a lot keys for free as well. Only bad thing is, that boosted players getting gear for just standing at the entrance, dont learn their class and receiving an higher stone. Such ppl are looking for +10/11/12 grps and wasting the time of serious ppl.
    Last edited by mmoc33efe4d836; 2016-11-13 at 04:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    I have no idea how people fail trials in world 200+ guilds. World <100 i can understand, thats a pretty serious environment, but world 200+ you have to actively be doing fuck all in the raid to get declined a trial.
    I can imagine for a player from world top 100 guild everything below them looks like a uniformed mass of noobery, but the truth is player skill and dedication levels are vastly different. A 500 ranked guild will look completely different than a 1500 ranked one and that will be different from 5000 ranked one and that again will be different from 15000 one.

Problem is a lot of players vastly overstate the level of guild they should belong to, want to skip levels, get carried and generally aim too high. I literally saw a line in an app to a guild that has public apps: "I rather be the worst player in a good team than the best player in a bad team." Yeah, sure, you'd rather be carried than do the carrying, but how does that impress any recruiter that you applied because you're looking for a free boost?

I've seen players who do well on farm content and push good dps but when it comes to progress they suddenly die to stupid shit every second attempt. That kind of thing makes a difference between clearing the mythic in 3 weeks or 3 months. Both of these guilds see the content but in one of them the same player would fail the trial while in the other he might be passable.

But generally, I'm not completely sure are you talking about failing the trial or being denied a trial (application rejected).

Application rejected is just a combination of 2 factors:
    - how desperate is the guild to recruit x class / role
    - how good is the candidate presented in the app and logs

If a guild has gaps in roster they might be more lenient than if they're full and at the stage "only considering exceptional applicants". It's quite obvious. Guilds with big gaps in roster might not get far and ultimately disband, but they're a foothold for people to get raiding experience and logs if they have none.

At the 2 extremes a guild might decline a perfectly viable candidate because they already have a generous bench and extending it will cause drama (people don't like to be sat out too much). Another is a guild might decline a candidate even if they really need an extra member of that role if the person seems lazy or tremendously sub par. The pinnacle of laziness I remember was a guy asking to be accepted on his lvl 1 char and be boosted in both levelling and gearing. I wish that was a joke or trolling attempt.

Now failing the trial can be done for multiple reasons, but most common are:
    - shitty attendance (don't app if you can't raid, if you generally can but go through harsh period of irl just hold with applying until you're sorted)
    - rudeness (arguing with raid leader, loot drama, drama over being benched, refusing to follow the outlined tactics, pointing fingers at other raid members etc.)
    - can't cope with raid mechanics to extensive level (repeatedly dies to avoidable stuff, doesn't follow raid leader assignments, "lags out" all the time), in most non-hardcore guilds raid leader or officer will explain the tactic and answer questions from newcomers even if they're expected to check a tactic guide beforehand, only in hardcore guilds you're expected to get everything on the fly, however if the raid leader tells people to dps x target or heal x debuff it's a bad sign when someone doesn't focus on this task just "pads" on dps / hps meters

To add as an end line, I've heard once "bad guilds recruit ilvl", and this is true, if a guild cares more about your ilvl than logs and past experience, it often means its leadership is clueless as how to assess player skill and goes with the usual pug metric: ilvl. A decent guild will still not accept someone who is way behind because otherwise they would be milked as a source of free boosts, but for example a guild that is 2-4 mythic atm might accept a player who is 7/7 hc with appropriate gear and not overly inflated requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Vuagnon View Post
    This isn't good enough.
    Sorry, I put just as much effort into that post as you have into actually trying to do mythic. None.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    The OP can't figure out how to join a guild that raids mythic, doesn't understand how to log his combat (or use google, presumably), thinks people pay to receive mythic+ boosts, frequently depletes his keystones, feels forced to pay for boosts because he can't carry his own weight, and god knows what else he isn't telling us about... somehow I suspect his problems with finding a guild aren't because there aren't any available for him to join.

And this is why the World of Warcraft community is a cancer now. I'm sure you've been "world first" from the time you created your character until now. You aren't helping the issue here, you're deterring someone from playing this game... Are you so unhappy with your life that you have to get on the computer and talk down to someone you've never met? You're making assumptions about someone without knowing their story.

Also, everyone telling this guy how they "clear 7/7 mythic and +15 dungeons" by just using LFG is full of crap and you know it. Mythic raiding guilds don't have to go to LFG to find people to fill their spots. Again, you aren't helping this person, you are deterring them from playing the game.

If you're looking for a guild, there are many resources out there (i.e., wowprogress and your server's forums). Look for a guild that suits you and your goals in this game. With that being said, set realistic goals for yourself. It's never easy but every player in this game should evaluate their skill level and set a realistic goal for themselves. For instance, if you can clear out mythic dungeons pretty easy but struggle to complete mythic + dungeons, normal raiding may be something you should consider. There is nothing wrong with being a normal level raider because, over time, you will learn what it takes to be a heroic raider by mastering your class and raid mechanics on more simple level of raiding. Then, if your raid team is not progressing to heroic content, it would be a good time to find another guild to go up the next step. At that point you would have some logs to show and some experience to talk about during an interview. The one thing to remember, don't expect to become a great player overnight. No matter how much these guys in this thread talk about how great they are, none of them were great the moment they sat down to create their character. Everybody has screwed up and died to something they shouldn't have and/or wiped a raid; I bop'd our main tank right before we killed Archimonde back in TBC, wiped the whole raid and I was the raid leader! Don't let the cancer of this community deter you from playing this game - do your research, learn your class inside and out, and find a group of people that will accept you and teach you how to become a better player. Playing this game alone is awful and it will cause you to burnout really fast.

I hope this has helped you. I know Sparty has already touched on it, but we have a great community of people on Stormrage-US that would be happy to accept you and get you raiding!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHildar View Post
    And this is why the World of Warcraft community is a cancer now. I'm sure you've been "world first" from the time you created your character until now. You aren't helping the issue here, you're deterring someone from playing this game...
    Actually the thing that deters players the most is not "elitist jerks" but those players themselves who think they're somehow too good to devote 2-3 evenings a week to a guild that is "starting out mythics" and needs 5 more players to complete the roster. Somehow everyone thinks they're beyond and above and because of that they constantly got rejected from server top guilds while the lower guilds constantly struggle to fill up rosters.

I still see lower mythic guilds and heroic guilds recruit melee on my server, yes, it's more scarce than ranged, and yes, it's often specific classes (no one recruits surv hunters deal with it), but that's the place to start from.

When I was a noob (started playing in TBC) first guild I joined was full of noobs like me and was still wiping in Karazhan in late TBC. But that was the place I belonged to back then, and not top notch raiding guild in Black Temple or Sunwell. When I had to take long break and had a big gap in raiding, I came back to it when HFC launched and started from casual non-mythic guilds to get back to shape.

There's also the advantage there's usually tons more guilds at low to medium level so there's always next one to try if some don't have spots or are just not approachable (like ask too much ilvl for what they're actually raiding or being unreasonable in any other form).

Sadly these days the attitude is "why should I bother with a guild that killed the same amount of bosses as my last week's pug?", no one thinks "it will give me practice and experience, make me a better player and raider", everything is just calculated in loot per hour spent (therefore outrage trials have less prio on loot than long standing members etc.)

Deleted
    I hate "LF boost" grps, they are like 840ilvl and im here with my 876ilvl and cant get inved because he wants 880+ people for like a fucking +8 MoS. They could just do lower keystone runs for char progression like anyone else. Then they dont know how to play either..just dragging their sorry ass through dungeons. Sounds abit elitist and im sorry, had to clear my mind on this thing.

Deleted
    If a guild is working on heroic en, I highly doubt that they would increase my experience because I can easily do it in pugs. I can try pugging for mythic too for sure but what are the guilds for if I'm not allowed into mythic progression before I either defeat mythic in pugs or boost my way through? This brickwall seems to be placed when you try to look for a mythic progression guild. And that is if they are willing to take a melee dps as being one just adds another layer of difficulty to the problem. I don't think there is the same thing in heroic progression guilds. Respect for the ones asking for logs though, which is something I would like to work towards. All in all, what I have seen so far is that mythic progression is very unfriendly towards players trying to develop themselves.
    how to get into mythic raiding from scratch:

1. get between 865/870 ivl, 3 gold artifact traits, and pug curve. you seem to have done this. if you don't have pug join a social guild that lets everybody come to their hc runs.
    2. apply to guilds that have 1-2 EN nightmare bosses down. These are heroic guilds that getting stuck because of people quitting, not putting in enough effort, or just not having the skill. raid with them for a while, get trial of valor curve if you can.
    3. after about a month orso, start applying to guilds who right now have 4-5 EN kills (by that time prolly bit more)
    4. Nighthold is out by now, stay with them for the tier. they might clear it before next content or might get stuck on one of the later bosses. towards end of tier decide if you want more hardcore progress or are happy where you are, you now have sufficient experience to get into a guild that clears mythic before next tier.

make friends with strong players along the way, it can open extra doors for you.
    ofcourse this assumes you have the skill and willingness to raid at that level, if you don't at some point you will plateau out.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2016-11-13 at 07:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Get good I guess

Leveled an alt (ww monk) and playing it solo. Having no problem finding everything I need, from fast EN clear to the weekly MM+10

I reached 110 3 weeks ago.
    Legion is literally play the right class or get fucked, unless carried by guildies.

You hit the jackpot by selecting monk at the login screen, gz. There are loads of classes that stand next to no chance of doing progress solo unless carried.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    Interesting thoughts, I did hear how Boosting In M+ and people just using up a person's Keystone Is a valid way of "BS'ing" someone, frankly I'm surprised there's no Mythic Dungeon Guilds around, yet.

Boosting Is a cancer, not only Is that banable If proven and Investigated by GMs, but a sad feature to have In an MMO, never before have I heared of Boosts Into anything until around Mists of Pandaria, and even more In Warlords, and now.... well.

It's just guilds as well, they don't like taking people who aren't already geared up, which really defeats the point of the exercise, taking a friend or guildies through a few dungeons to gear them up was normal, you were with friends, that's kinda a good thing. Now? It's like a business "I'll boost you through here, get you this here... 20 euros"

It's sad really. And Blizzard can't do anything but keep track of such things, suspend people for It, or god forbid ban for It before It gets really bad
    Boosting is only ban-able if the boost is paid for outside of the game like via PayPal.

I've never heard of anyone being banned for boosting in-game and getting paid with gold.

Hell, I did 100's of Garrosh and Archimonde boosts and I've never been banned for it.
    Last edited by mmoc9bef67a441; 2016-11-13 at 03:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    Boosting is only ban-able if the boost is paid for outside of the game like via PayPal.

I've never heard of anyone being banned for boosting in-game and getting paid with gold.

Hell, I did 100's of Garrosh and Archimonde boosts and I've never been banned for it.
    No one's been banned for trading an in-game service (boost) for an in-game currency (like gold) because it simply isn't bannable.

That said, I also doubt Blizzard are actually banning people for boosting for real life money because I see the same people spamming over and over <.<

Nooo.
    There is a lot of people doing stuff like this but no way has it taken over "normal gaming."

You have the same chance to find a guild as anyone else.
    You are having trouble finding one because you waited so long!

Here, have a free opportunity on me if you are on US.
    PM me, and I'll give you my btag and you can have an interview for our 2 night a week 3/7 Mythic guild.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    how to get into mythic raiding from scratch:

1. get between 865/870 ivl, 3 gold artifact traits, and pug curve. you seem to have done this. if you don't have pug join a social guild that lets everybody come to their hc runs.
    2. apply to guilds that have 1-2 EN nightmare bosses down. These are heroic guilds that getting stuck because of people quitting, not putting in enough effort, or just not having the skill. raid with them for a while, get trial of valor curve if you can.
    3. after about a month orso, start applying to guilds who right now have 4-5 EN kills (by that time prolly bit more)
    4. Nighthold is out by now, stay with them for the tier. they might clear it before next content or might get stuck on one of the later bosses. towards end of tier decide if you want more hardcore progress or are happy where you are, you now have sufficient experience to get into a guild that clears mythic before next tier.

make friends with strong players along the way, it can open extra doors for you.
    ofcourse this assumes you have the skill and willingness to raid at that level, if you don't at some point you will plateau out.
    Good advice, sadly people are impatient these days, the moment a guild gets stuck for a week wiping on a boss immediately turncoats try to jump the ship, they start sending apps left and right that "progress isn't going well", "people in my guild are so unskilled, dragging me down", and so on. Part of the raiding experience is wiping, sometimes 150-300 tries on a boss. For some guilds this moment comes earlier for some later. But the moment it comes... anyone remembers Gorefiend being named "Gorefiend the guild breaker"?

Your advice is sound, but today's playerbase can't stand the idea of even staying for 1 raid tier in a "lesser" guild, that's why guilds constantly break apart and disband when they hit the brick wall. Many players just want to skip the hard bosses and the learning experience and jump to a guild that is past the obstacle and has the problematic boss on farm. The issue is when that guild comes to a hard boss for them the said player will have no experience how to deal with learning curve because he always used skips and guild hopping to bypass them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Actually the thing that deters players the most is not "elitist jerks" but those players themselves who think they're somehow too good to devote 2-3 evenings a week to a guild that is "starting out mythics" and needs 5 more players to complete the roster. Somehow everyone thinks they're beyond and above and because of that they constantly got rejected from server top guilds while the lower guilds constantly struggle to fill up rosters.
    Whammo! Hitting the nail on the head.

I fully agree - but I also think that Blizzard's design choices have actively contributed to this.
    When raid-id lock was removed from HC, it became freely puggable - and there's very few "feeder" guilds who can compete with infinitely puggable content, which can be repeated as many times as needed. Scheduled, organized raiding in the lower difficulty environment is very rare / dying out (why would anyone join a guild?) - so people don't simply learn the ropes of organized raiding anymore.

But there are no shortcuts in Mythic. It's still raid-id locked. You have to do the whole thing "old school". People coming from the loot-id-free-pug world struggle with this. And it seems the OP is one of these people who just don't understand how to get into the world of organized raiding. They expect to be served because they think they're so very elite, despite not having a clue.
    Last edited by mmoc53950756e3; 2016-11-13 at 04:10 PM.

You're not going to raid with the big dogs overnight. This expectation always blows my mind. Do you expect to walk into a job without a resume and have them hand it to you because YOU believe you are qualified? You're going to have to work your way up. Find a guild on your level > raid or PUG normals/heroic > run logs > do well for your ilvl bracket > show logs to a guild just starting mythics > trade up guilds. In the process you'll also gear up considerably, which will also make your case for a mythic guild stronger. The biggest concern my mythic guild has for recruitment is: artifact traits (they can't be months behind) and ilvl bracket logs. These speak the most to the player. There's something of a minimum gear req as well, but this can be very generous as gearing up can be done very very quickly nowadays.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2016-11-13 at 04:56 PM.

Its ok OP, I feel you. People in this forum will tell you otherwise because most of them are elitists and blizz fanboys.

The game has taken a bad turn, boosting is needed if you want to get out of "Mythic dungeons" hell. There is no possible way for you to get above 850 unless you are playing a lot etc. People asking for 865+ for normal EN etc is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    When raid-id lock was removed from HC, it became freely puggable - and there's very few "feeder" guilds who can compete with infinitely puggable content, which can be repeated as many times as needed. Scheduled, organized raiding in the lower difficulty environment is very rare / dying out (why would anyone join a guild?) - so people don't simply learn the ropes of organized raiding anymore.

But there are no shortcuts in Mythic. It's still raid-id locked. You have to do the whole thing "old school". People coming from the loot-id-free-pug world struggle with this. And it seems the OP is one of these people who just don't understand how to get into the world of organized raiding. They expect to be served because they think they're so very elite, despite not having a clue.
    "Organized" is the keyword here. People don't like to be organized. They somehow thinks it robs them of their freedom. Anarchy reigns. They're used to pugs where you join when you feel like it and leave when you like it, even more so if the group is wiping. Widespread pugging taught people ilvl is the king, you need to overgear content to beat it, and wipes are a sign of "fail group" and signal to leave. People are in only for fast loot and not for the experience of learning as a group (as there is no team in a pug just a bunch of strangers everyone caring for themselves).

And then we have the usual fallacy "it's just a game". If you had a team of anything irl like casual football team or a music band, you'd meet with friends to practice and it would be considered polite to tell them if you can't make it. In the internet? Nope. Disappearing without a word is common.

And being boosted is like having a fake diploma - half the time the recruiter will see the deceit and the other half he might give you a spot only to discover later you don't have the skills you bragged about. People who think getting boosted and getting achievement will open them the doors to top mythic guilds are delusional.

I have no friends, not a guild and all the mythic progression guild recruiters I have talked to so far ask for previous mythic experience. If I had mythic experience I'd not be looking for mythic progression guild.
    Have you thought about joining a guild currently doing heroic mode and wanting to make the leap to mythic? Then you can tell the mythic guilds (when you've got a couple of mythic kills) about how you're so enthusiastic about doing mythic content and progressing through the game, and you have a CV and logs to prove it. That's how you get into mythic guilds.