Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    1. Most of these won't be violent. Most will be for minor things like broken tail lights, DUI, etc.
    2. There's only 800K criminal illegal immigrants of any type. He plans to deport 2-3 million.

Minor things like.....DUI.......are you serious?

Clearly comprehension is difficult for you so I will explain. He plans to deport 2-3 million criminal ILLEGAL immigrants. Undocumented means illegal. If you are documented you are here legally. Green cards, or whatever. There are less than 1 million criminal undocumented (illegal) aliens in the country.
    Clearly comprehension is hard for you. He is estimating the number at 2-3 million. It's not set in stone anywhere and he didn't say for sure there are 2-3 million illegals with a criminal record.

Could you spin this anymore into your agenda please?

(please don't reply/answer me, because that was a rhetorical question.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    Clearly comprehension is hard for you. He is estimating the number at 2-3 million. It's not set in stone anywhere and he didn't say for sure there are 2-3 million illegals with a criminal record.

Could you spin this anymore into your agenda please?
    Just a heads up, I work for USCIS and we estimate the number to be around 1 to 1.5 million, and that is estimates that include that ones we don't know about. His 2-3 million figure is just a very high number given by hardcore anti-immigration "analysts".

10+ Year Old Account
    So even from the off, Trump wants to make camps and force migrants into them, using police brutality to do it.

Just remember people, the ones who voted for him, every awful him he does is on your head along with anything you find agreeable, so yeah, better hope your values are as low as his are.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    Hopefully he will deport some liberals as well. Never seen so many crybabies at once.
    Yeah it's really unfortunate how soft this country has become. So much crying everywhere.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    So even from the off, Trump wants to make camps and force migrants into them, using police brutality to do it.

Just remember people, the ones who voted for him, every awful him he does is on your head along with anything you find agreeable, so yeah, better hope your values are as low as his are.
    Trump won on anti-mass illegal migration policy. The idea that Trumpians would see deportation as awful makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    The process has become significantly bogged down and can easily take over a year. That's a pretty long time to sit around twiddling your thumbs in most of the countries they're fleeing.

And you might not have sympathy, but you should have the good presence of mind to know they pick your food for prices that are extremely cheap. Now, you can call that wrong or exploitative or that the invisible hand of Ayn Rand should fix it somehow, but the reality of the situation is that 1) food needs to be picked 2) Americans will not do those jobs and 3) It's entirely unfeasible to pay them at rates at which it would make it attractive to do so.

I don't hear Trump spouting off any solutions. As normal, just knee-jerk reactions.
    why wont Americans do that job? i would if i were unemployed and in need of work to support myself and my family .There's no shame in honest,hard labor. Im not sure this narrative of "lazy,snobbish Americans" is based in reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Where did he say that he wants to make camps and use police brutality to force migrants into them?

Why not go all out and claim he is going to get his brown-shirted personal security force to do it, whilst you are at it?

10+ Year Old Account
    President-elect Donald Trump said he plans to deport about two to three million undocumented immigrants, speaking in a pre-taped interview that will air Sunday night.
    The Highlighted part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    I see nothing wrong with deporting illegal violent criminals.
    This.
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

Quote Originally Posted by swisscheese View Post
    Minor things like.....DUI.......are you serious?
    Compared to murdering, raping, or even just assaulting someone? Yeah, it's pretty minor.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Compared to murdering, raping, or even just assaulting someone? Yeah, it's pretty minor.
    It's not a minor criminal offense.

So Trump plans to deport 2-3 million criminal illegal immigrants though apparently there are less than 1 million of these. I'd guess too that most of them will have only been convicted of minor offenses.

Meanwhile republican leaders are shitting bricks and say there is no plans for creating a deportation force.
    Well, they've all committed at least one crime, but drawing an absolute line around those who've also committed personal and property crimes while here is not unreasonable. And I do hope he sticks with the promise about "sanctuary cities" being in danger of federal funding. There actually is, in effect, a "deportation force" -- all the country's civilian law enforcement are at liberty to assist federal law enforcement in enforcing federal immigration law, so long as the federal government wishes they do so. It can't force them to do so (10th Amendment), but it can certainly invite them to do so; the preemption ruling against Arizona's statute was based on the federal government's interest in simply not enforcing. If the Trump administration is interested, than state and local law enforcement can get in on the action. If an illegal alien member of MS13 is picked up on a larceny or assault, they could simply be deported and permanently excluded just by being handed over, for instance, the Trump administration is not going to ignore the phone call and leave that guy as a problem for state prison systems to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Well, they've all committed at least one crime, but drawing an absolute line around those who've also committed personal and property crimes while here is not unreasonable. And I do hope he sticks with the promise about "sanctuary cities" being in danger of federal funding. There actually is, in effect, a "deportation force" -- all the country's civilian law enforcement are at liberty to assist federal law enforcement in enforcing federal immigration law, so long as the federal government wishes they do so. It can't force them to do so (10th Amendment), but it can certainly invite them to do so; the preemption ruling against Arizona's statute was based on the federal government's interest in simply not enforcing. If the Trump administration is interested, than state and local law enforcement can get in on the action. If an illegal alien member of MS13 is picked up on a larceny or assault, they could simply be deported and permanently excluded just by being handed over, for instance, the Trump administration is not going to ignore the phone call and leave that guy as a problem for state prison systems to deal with.
    The deportation force is currently, and has been for a long while, ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement). When needed, they request local law enforcement assistance, but ICE has sole jurisdiction for deportation.

Deporting of violent criminals is already the current administrations policy. What this article says is literally nothing new. Only thing that would change is if we get more funding and can go after more.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    It's not a minor criminal offense.
    A first (sometimes up to a 3rd) offense is a misdemeanor. Literally the definition of a minor criminal offense.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    A first (sometimes up to a 3rd) offense is a misdemeanor. Literally the definition of a minor criminal offense.
    Having a broken tail light won't hinder my job opportunities.

Having a DUI usually does

My chances of plowing into a car/pedestrian and killing someone aren't increased with a broken tail light.

They are massively increased under the influence of drugs/alcohol.

You can try and play the whole misdemeanor argument, but they are completely different things.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have another proposition: let's deport Trump! 1 person is much easier to deport than 2-3 million, and the positive effect on the country will be much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Man and I thought I'd have to wait until he was sworn in for the comedy cavalcade to start. I see Trump's nutty populist faction is already tripping over the feet of establishment Republicans.

I'm going to need more popcorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    ~1 million UNDOCUMENTED, 2-3 million total.

Reading's hard.
    Well don't feel too bad, the President of the United States can't seem to manage it either :P

Or do you think he originally planned to deport legal residents of the United States? Hey maybe he did, he doesn't seem to have a clue how reality works after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by swisscheese View Post
    Having a DUI usually does
    Weasel word noted.

As with everything, the exact circumstances will determine its severity. But the blanket "DUI is a major offense" statement is wrong.

If you want to invoke images of a drunk immigrant plowing through a pee wee football game to try and prove a point, that's your prerogative. But property damage and bodily harm aren't necessary components of a DUI.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I have another proposition: let's deport Trump! 1 person is much easier to deport than 2-3 million, and the positive effect on the country will be much better.
    The Trump family isn't sending their best. They're criminals, they're rapists...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    He's not even the president yet...
    And yet he's already backpedalling.

To be fair, he started backpedalling during the election.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    The Trump family isn't sending their best. They're criminals, they're rapists...
    Indeed. We need to build a wall around the Trump Tower to contain them there. And make Trumps pay for it!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.