Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    If anybody argued that Clinton was the wrong candidate because of labels then I denounce it.

Saying she is evil, cunt, a bitch, etc are not real arguments.
    Well, *i* did, but I could only post so often and in so many places. Plenty of us did.

On principle, her foreign policies were horrific, her lack of moral compass disturbing and willingness to lie directly to people's faces, especially people in marginalized communities is particularly galling.

Unfortunately, America is plagued with Equivoquitas... where if one says something that makes a value judgment in one direction about something or someone, that automatically infers the opposite about either an opponent or competing product. Examples would be, "I think Trump's Wall is racist". "So, you clearly love Hillary and everything she stands for." "I don't like that Hillary continually lies about always supporting the LGBT community" "So you like how Trump supports LGBT people? What's wrong with you?"

Apparently, because America is burdened with this pathological need for false equivocation, having discussions based on fact, reason, logic, data, empathy and context is impossible.

We've turned every conversation into a partisan team sport. I'm surprised they haven't launched ESPN Kitchen Table... or MSNBC Carpool... cuz ya know... infotainment.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    the russians confirmed that they had contacts with the trump campaign team.
    wasn't it "regular" contact ? after the campaign tried to deny and downplay the statement from the russians ?

10+ Year Old Account
    the russians confirmed that they had contacts with the trump campaign team.
    They did not though. They said maybe, and I understand them. Watching the hysteria following that declaration was too precious to skip.

Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    What I say doesn't require your approval; I didn't expect it anyway. People like yourself will ignore what's in front of your nose as long as it pushes back against your worldview.
    Nor am I looking for yours. That's the beauty of critical thinking: making your own opinion. I fundamentally disagree with you and that's ok.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    They did not though. They said maybe, and I understand them. Watching the hysteria following that declaration was too precious to skip.

Nor am I looking for yours. That's the beauty of critical thinking: making your own opinion. I fundamentally disagree with you and that's ok.
    well im glad you are so open-minded and full of critical thinking skills or else you'd look pretty silly to deny it.
    http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2016/...1811478789269/

10+ Year Old Account
    well im glad you are so open-minded and full of critical thinking skills or else you'd look pretty silly to deny it.
    http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2016/...1811478789269/
    The FBI concluded the ties were not sufficient enough to warrant further investigation.

Now I'm waiting for the rethoric that the FBI was colluding with them and that it's a republican hoax.
    Google Diversity Memo

[...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

The FBI concluded the ties were not sufficient enough to warrant further investigation.

Now I'm waiting for the rethoric that the FBI was colluding with them and that it's a republican hoax.
    moving the goalposts eh? thats ok, we have something for those too.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ampaign=buffer

the fbi's actions havent been impartisan at all.

to take a page from your book "waiting to hear that its all an hysterical media conspiracy" once more.

10+ Year Old Account

The article mentions that the FBI called off further investigation, but if you bothered to read that article you'd see that only a few days ago Sergei Ryabkov, the Russian Deputy Foreign Minister, admitted clear as day that there were regular contacts with Trump's campaign.

Like I said, you'll ignore what you don't want to hear. Just like you and every other Trump fanboy will ignore the obvious link Guccifer 2.0 has to Russian VPNs, Russian web money, and Julian Assange's obvious connection to Russia.
    Last edited by downnola; 2016-11-14 at 04:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The article mentions that the FBI called off further investigation, but if you bothered to read that article you'd see that only a few days ago Sergei Ryabkov, the Russian Deputy Foreign Minister, admitted clear as day that there were regular contacts with Trump's campaign.

Like I said, you'll ignore what you don't want to hear.
    And with the Clinton campaign, actually.

Ryabkov told state-run Interfax news agency "there were contacts" with the Trump campaign, as well as "sporadic" contact with the Hillary Clinton campaign.

moving the goalposts eh? thats ok, we have something for those too.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ampaign=buffer

the fbi's actions havent been impartisan at all.

to take a page from your book "waiting to hear that its all an hysterical media conspiracy" once more.
    I'm not looking to convince you, but you're definitely wrong, and that's simply because you have no way to give proof of that. This summer, democrats were saying that the FBI was the most ethical entity in the US, anyway.
    Google Diversity Memo

10+ Year Old Account

Ryabkov told state-run Interfax news agency "there were contacts" with the Trump campaign, as well as "sporadic" contact with the Hillary Clinton campaign.
    I can see why you wouldn't want to quote the rest of what he had to say.

"Obviously, we know most of the people from his entourage," Rybakov said, according to The Washington Post. "Those people have always been in the limelight in the United States and have occupied high-ranking positions. I cannot say that all of them but quite a few have been staying in touch with Russian representatives."

No maybe here:

“There were contacts,” the Russian Interfax news agency cited Ryabkov as saying. “We are doing this and have been doing this during the election campaign.”

He also said Russia had “sporadic” contact with Clinton’s campaign — though it was “not always productive.”

“Obviously, we know most of the people from (Trump’s) entourage. Those people have always been in the limelight in the United States and have occupied high-ranking positions,” he said without providing names.

“I cannot say that all of them, but quite a few have been staying in touch with Russian representatives. We have just begun to consider ways of building dialogue with the future Donald Trump administration and channels we will be using for those purposes,” he said.

Trump has shot down suggestions that he had ties to Moscow during his bruising campaign for the White House.

His campaign spokeswoman Hope Hicks on Thursday denied there were interactions between Russia and the Trump team before Tuesday’s election.

“The campaign had no contact with Russian officials,” she told the Washington Post in an email.
    http://nypost.com/2016/11/10/diploma...p-during-race/

- - - Updated - - -

So why did Hope Hicks deny it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

and do you think that maybe it was to do with her campaign being hacked by the russians?
    I'm not looking to convince you, but you're definitely wrong, and that's simply because you have no way to give proof of that. This summer, democrats were saying that the FBI was the most ethical entity in the US, anyway.
    Which was before they blatantly violated the hatch act and proved otherwise.

for someone who claims to be impartial and free thinking you sure spout a lot of partisan talking points.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    So why did Hope Hicks deny it?
    I still don't believe it. I think it's Russia gauging the impact they can have after the hysteria the democrats' caused. Unless of course, you mean mandatory contact of both parties with one of the strongest country in the world.

I can see why you wouldn't want to quote the rest of what he had to say.

- - - Updated - - -

and do you think that maybe it was to do with her campaign being hacked by the russians?

Which was before they blatantly violate the hatch act and proved otherwise.

for someone who claims to be impartial and free thinking you sure spout a lot of partisan talking points.
    I don't know, I voted liberal here in Canada, you tell me.

Oh, also, to put something clear: I'm not impartial, but I do use critical thinking. By definition, Critical Thinking will not lead to the same conclusion from a person to another, because it's subjective.
    Last edited by Zandalarian Paladin; 2016-11-14 at 04:16 AM.
    Google Diversity Memo

I still get a chuckle when people say the guy who thinks black dicks are god's greatest gift is a white supremacist

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I still get a chuckle when people say the guy who thinks black dicks are god's greatest gift is a white supremacist
    Oh those ideas are not contradictory at all. I could show you some websites...

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, also, to put something clear: I'm not impartial, but I do use critical thinking. By definition, Critical Thinking will not lead to the same conclusion from a person to another, because it's subjective.
    There's a difference between critical thinking and rationalization. Sadly, I don't think you know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Oh those ideas are not contradictory at all. I could show you some websites...
    You serious? I've been building a pet-hypothesis on this subject that could use some corroboration.

I still don't believe it. I think it's Russia gauging the impact they can have after the hysteria the democrats' caused. Unless of course, you mean mandatory contact of both parties with one of the strongest country in the world.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know, I voted liberal here in Canada, you tell me.

Wow, good for you. so your critical thinking skills somehow led you to spout the same talking points put forth by right wing american pundits? interesting, you'll have to lay out your thought process for us. so far you havent provided much evidence to support it.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a difference between critical thinking and rationalization. Sadly. I don't think you know the difference.
    The fact that you act as if anyone who comes to a different conclusion than you is not rational is exactly why your argument is weak to begin with.

And because that concept is so outlandish today, this is why America is more divided than ever.

But anyway, I've been stating repeatedly that I'm gay, that I suffer from GAD, that I'm a moderate left, that I voted for Justin Trudeau, that I'm a 3D artist for a living, that I've spent a good part of my life with minorities, yet people repeatedly stigmatize me as a Trump apologist, while all I'm doing is trying to moderate the group I believe is the most bigoted right now, which is the extreme left.

And I'm sorry if you do not see it that way, but right now, on the internet, the biggest bigots I've seen outside of /r/the_donald are leftists. I can choose to ignore bigots on the right, but those on the left are always there, even if they are in minority.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, good for you. so your critical thinking skills somehow led you to spout the same talking points put forth by right wing american pundits? interesting, you'll have to lay out your thought process for us. so far you havent provided much evidence to support it.
    There's nothing to contradict because you brought nothing in the first place :/
    Google Diversity Memo

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    You serious? I've been building a pet-hypothesis on this subject that could use some corroboration.
    I was just kidding. But some of the things I've seen have made me wonder.

The fact that you act as if anyone who comes to a different conclusion than you is not rational is exactly why your argument is weak to begin with.

And because that concept is so outlandish today, this is why America is more divided than ever.

But anyway, I've been stating repeatedly that I'm gay, that I suffer from GAD, that I'm a moderate left, that I voted for Justin Trudeau, that I'm a 3D artist for a living, that I've spent a good part of my life with minorities, yet people repeatedly stigmatize me as a Trump apologist, while all I'm doing is trying to moderate the group I believe is the most bigoted right now, which is the extreme left.

And I'm sorry if you do not see it that way, but right now, on the internet, the biggest bigots I've seen outside of /r/the_donald are leftists. I can choose to ignore bigots on the right, but those on the left are always there, even if they are in minority.

- - - Updated - - -

There's nothing to contradict because you brought nothing in the first place :/
    Riiiiiight. its ok to admit that you just swallowed what they put forth hook, line, and sinker.
    after all, many americans did as well. its so much more easy than actually using, you know, critical thinking.