The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Friday?! Ouch!

Your volcano I wouldn't be too worried about, depending how close you are to it.

Our dearest super volcano: Yellowstone... on the other hand... that's something the entire world should worry about. =|
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    depending how close you are to it.
    No you don't understand...

From my house I can reach the top of the closest volcano (Mount Eden) in 5 mins. The entire city is built on top of a dormant volcanic field.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2016-11-14 at 05:58 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahhhhhhhhh hahaha

I thought you meant one volcano. Holy shit XD

And you guys call Americans st00pid, amirite?

I kid I kid. :P
    "A flower.

Our dearest super volcano: Yellowstone... on the other hand... that's something the entire world should worry about. =|
    If we're talking about natural disasters, there is also the Cascadia Subduction Zone off the west coast. The article is pretty long, but I thought it was fascinating - in a morbid sort of way. (While looking for it, the second Google hit said the author won a Pulitzer for it.) I didn't even know it existed before reading it, despite it being known about for a couple decades.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oof, I've known about that one for yeeeears. It's terrifying. It's amazing. People shouldn't live there.

People shouldn't live anywhere. WE ARE ALL GONNA DIE.

https://youtu.be/r0Th70moeuc?t=141

^video related to caps lock quote above.
    "A flower.

There's also Mount Vesuvius, which is overdue an eruption on the scale of 76 AD (the one that buried Herculaneum and Pompeii).

10+ Year Old Account
    Ooooh, so that one isn't fully dormant? I thought it was asleep permanently.
    "A flower.

Ooooh, so that one isn't fully dormant? I thought it was asleep permanently.
    Had a small eruption in the 40s. I was there in 2003 and it was definitely not extinct.

Quote Originally Posted by Alindra View Post
    Worse - it makes you a hipster. :P
    Well. Neither ebay nor amazon actually exist in Sweden, so I use that as my excuse.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alindra View Post
    If we're talking about natural disasters, there is also the Cascadia Subduction Zone off the west coast. The article is pretty long, but I thought it was fascinating - in a morbid sort of way. (While looking for it, the second Google hit said the author won a Pulitzer for it.) I didn't even know it existed before reading it, despite it being known about for a couple decades.
    That might be...the second or third best article that I have read.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Started reading it and decided to share on Facebook. I've known about this for some years thanks to an exceptional earth science professor but I still love this type of stuff.

A friend of mine who lives in Oregon was like "I do not look forward to this."
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Well. Neither ebay nor amazon actually exist in Sweden, so I use that as my excuse.
    Sweden population 100% hipster, confirmed!

It's terrifying. It's amazing. People shouldn't live there.
    It makes me wonder how much land would be left if we eliminated all the dangerous areas. (Results would, of course, vary with the definition of dangerous.)

A friend of mine who lives in Oregon was like "I do not look forward to this."
    Even though I've read it multiple times, the article still awes me. After rereading it this time, I hopped on Google Maps and started checking out nearby elevation data. I don't fancy my chances.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tuesday night two weeks ago, the Cubs (baseball team very near and dear to my family and local community, of uh, the Northern suburbs and parts of Chicago, IL) won the World series for the first time in... 108 years. It was also the first time they even got into the World series in 71 years... pretty yuge! Also, my granddad was 27 years old the last time they were in the world series, I am 27 now. COINCIDENCE?!!!?!?!?!?!?

Last Tuesday night, Trump won, BLOWING THE MINDS OF A LOT OF PEOPLE WHO WOULDN'T LISTEN TO ME FROM THE BEGINNING. I've literally told so many people since over a year ago I believed Trump would win. Everyone wrote me off as ridiculous. Here we are today.

So what's coming THIS Tuesday night? Nothing? The aftermath of a lame "super" moon? The hopefully NOT very big one? The very big one? The New Madrid fault zone earth quake (this could potentially be worse, because it's literally practically in the middle of America, and that's potential to be worse...)??? Alien invasion? Obama comes out as the Antichrist with the Pope in tow?

Find out in 24 hours or less!

I WOULD say it would be creepier if the timing of when the Cubs won and when Trump was proclaimed the victor were closer, or even matched... it became obvious Trump was going to win fairly early on though, around when the Cubs won.

- - - Updated - - -

I think I'm finally fed up with working where I work.

The political "discussions" more like arguments are just infuriating.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    What if they want your beer?

15+ Year Old Account
    Looking at my fedex...I see Shipment exception "Barcode label unreadable and replaced". That just seems so greatttt......
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    I tell them it's Budweiser.
    What if I want your guns?

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    What if I want your guns?
    The idea of a cellar full of Budweiser wouldn't be enough to put you off?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    The idea of a cellar full of Budweiser wouldn't be enough to put you off?
    People have shitty beer down here, it is nothing special.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm finally doing a stupid cleaning of the basement. When I am done the only beer bottles that will be left down here will be empty ones. I had approximately still 50~ bottles of unopened beer down here from 2013 through late '15/early '16... All are likely bad, so about to go drain-pout about 40 of the bottles, but I am saving some of the barrel-aged/high ABV beers just in case they may have weathered the years, as they should, due to their gravity. Not expecting it, but hoping one or two at least made it.

I've also already filled up our recycling bin half-way. That's an ass-load of paper. Lots and lots of paper. And some bottles from my beer-bottle collection which I, on occasion, try to downsize.

On top of all of this I have filled up two bags of audio/video cables, as well as cables for inside of computers like SATA cables, among other things like case fans and the like, including some ancient blue LED light shits for nerds who like lights and flashy things too much and I am taking these bags to the 29 hour LAN party on Friday to give to the computer club at my college. My faculty adviser, upon seeing the text about this, said "... more old cables... love it." They get lots of this stuff. It can get recycled for all I care, but most if not all of it still works, so either the club will use it, or someone can take it, or it can get recycled. Out of sight, out of mind yo!

Basement is coming along nicely. ^_^ Probably going to dismantle the drumset for a bit and we might finally saw the 30+ year old sofa down here in two and throw it out. It has a wooden frame and is LONG, can not be taken back upstairs without being broken down, unfortunately.

Any questions?
    "A flower.

Any questions?
    Why didn't you drink the beer? Don't say it was Budweiser, I know that's a lie!