Thread: New job/class?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Washington state, united states of america.

New job/class?

What is the new job/class for stormblood? I heard somewhere monk but thats nonsense as I'm pretty sure monk already exists as the upgrade to pugilist.
    Let's get 1 thing straight, I'm not

15+ Year Old Account
    Hasn't been announced yet, maybe/probably at the next fan fest (December 24-25).
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington state, united states of america.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spellweaver View Post
    Hasn't been announced yet, maybe/probably at the next fan fest (December 24-25).
    Hoping for a spell-blade oriented dps (or tank) red mage. Samurai would be cool. Totally not interested in dancer.
    Let's get 1 thing straight, I'm not

Based on the fact that Yoshida wore a Scarlet Witch t-shirt at the NA Fan Fest, the idea is that Red Mage will be one job that's added. That's the only one we have any inkling as to what will be added.

Note: There hasn't been an official announcement on whether or not it's Red Mage, nor what any other additional job(s) would be. As noted, next Fan Fest may shed some light on it.

On the subject of Red Mage: 3.4's story has Alisaie(Alphinaud's sister)create and wield and blade of aether, so that may be an indication of what's to come as well.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    On the subject of Red Mage: 3.4's story has Alisaie(Alphinaud's sister)create and wield and blade of aether, so that may be an indication of what's to come as well.
    very possible that could get me to come back. That or Samurai.

Red Mage would keep me hooked permanently. My favourite job/class in all the franchise games.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    very possible that could get me to come back. That or Samurai.
    Speaking of Samurai, the recent unofficial translation of a famitsu interview might hint at it becoming a job.

Quote Originally Posted by Famitsu
    Zenos yae Galvus is described, so far, with only a hint, as a character that does not go in line with any character.
    Yoshida told the interviewer to look closely at his artwork and see if they can notice something from it. He also said the weapons he hold isn't exactly related to his character, and "if asked if he's holding a gunblade then yes he is holding a gunblade."
    Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...ida_after_nas/
    Concept art of Zenos yae Galvus: http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/...os_Concept.jpg
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

Well, there won't be any new classes as they are going to be moving away from that old system as much as they can.

As for Jobs, the three likely candidates are Red Mage, Samurai, and Dancer. Or, Blue Mage from FFXI given what we've seen. (Physical spells with a sword and using buffs like Enfire and what not). Regardless, if we do get Red Mage, it'll most likely be a tank (to keep up with its mix of physical attacks, Black Magic, and White Magic from FFXI). Or it's nothing like we've seen a Red Mage be like...at which point I doubt we'd get a Red Mage.

Yoshi-P has said MULTIPLE times in fanfests and live letters that he wants SAM to be DPS. While this isn't confirmation, we only have one heavy armor (ish) DPS. So, we have a free spot in our armor setup to add in SAM without being like NIN and just adding an extra stat to MNK gear.

Dancer is pretty much the main guess that everyone is going for. Especially since in the interview linked above that there was no comment made about the job of the female fighter in the Stormblood trailer. This will pretty much add a TP based healer into the mix.

Those are at least the main guesses now as they will round out the current jobs to have a bit more variety in terms of the tank and healer. (IMO, DPS is by far the easiest to add variety to...so it's not much to look at for that.)

Quote Originally Posted by Fadewind View Post
    As for Jobs, the three likely candidates are Red Mage, Samurai, and Dancer. Or, Blue Mage from FFXI given what we've seen. (Physical spells with a sword and using buffs like Enfire and what not). Regardless, if we do get Red Mage, it'll most likely be a tank (to keep up with its mix of physical attacks, Black Magic, and White Magic from FFXI). Or it's nothing like we've seen a Red Mage be like...at which point I doubt we'd get a Red Mage.
    RDM is basically confirmed IMO. He wore the shirt, that's his MO for leaking upcoming jobs. I imagine it as a DPS, not quite as a tank, but I suppose I could see it go that way. I'd prefer to see BLU as a tank using whips and enemy skills to bolster self/weaken enemy.

Yoshi-P has said MULTIPLE times in fanfests and live letters that he wants SAM to be DPS. While this isn't confirmation, we only have one heavy armor (ish) DPS. So, we have a free spot in our armor setup to add in SAM without being like NIN and just adding an extra stat to MNK gear.
    SAM as a DPS was what Yoshi had stated that he wanted, I'd argue that's pretty confirm-able too.

Dancer is pretty much the main guess that everyone is going for. Especially since in the interview linked above that there was no comment made about the job of the female fighter in the Stormblood trailer. This will pretty much add a TP based healer into the mix.
    The female fighter was not a dancer. She was 100% a monk. She used full on monk animations and abilities. That is irrefutable. Now that isn't to say that dancer is out, but we don't have any idea whether or not dancer is in, or that it'll be a TP based healer. IMO they wouldn't stray too far from the healing paradigm they've set (i.e. healers use MP), else they'd risk one being completely broken or completely useless compared to existing healers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    RDM is basically confirmed IMO. He wore the shirt, that's his MO for leaking upcoming jobs. I imagine it as a DPS, not quite as a tank, but I suppose I could see it go that way. I'd prefer to see BLU as a tank using whips and enemy skills to bolster self/weaken enemy.

SAM as a DPS was what Yoshi had stated that he wanted, I'd argue that's pretty confirm-able too.

The female fighter was not a dancer. She was 100% a monk. She used full on monk animations and abilities. That is irrefutable. Now that isn't to say that dancer is out, but we don't have any idea whether or not dancer is in, or that it'll be a TP based healer. IMO they wouldn't stray too far from the healing paradigm they've set (i.e. healers use MP), else they'd risk one being completely broken or completely useless compared to existing healers.
    No it is not 100% if I recall right she used pugilist NOT Monk skills...their is a world of difference in those implications

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    No it is not 100% if I recall right she used pugilist NOT Monk skills...their is a world of difference in those implications
    Based on the translated interview with Yoshida posted yesterday (in our megathread plus on Reddit), there won't be any classes, just jobs, and based on how new jobs were added in HW, I highly doubt they would make another job that evolves from some combination of class levels. AKA, I don't see dancer being a result of being level 30 PGL + level 15 in something else (ROG, I suppose).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Based on the translated interview with Yoshida posted yesterday (in our megathread plus on Reddit), there won't be any classes, just jobs, and based on how new jobs were added in HW, I highly doubt they would make another job that evolves from some combination of class levels. AKA, I don't see dancer being a result of being level 30 PGL + level 15 in something else (ROG, I suppose).
    They also never said she was a mnk either and alluded to her gear being tied to another source.

And they did say they didn't plan to lock jobs behind the ecoansion so yes it could be a pugilist off shoot..

I am firmly in the dancer camp until yoshi p says otherwise their is enough ambiguity to leave it questionable and nothing to say for sure either way.

I might actually try the game if it's Samurai.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    They also never said she was a mnk either and alluded to her gear being tied to another source.

And they did say they didn't plan to lock jobs behind the ecoansion so yes it could be a pugilist off shoot..

I am firmly in the dancer camp until yoshi p says otherwise their is enough ambiguity to leave it questionable and nothing to say for sure either way.
    I honestly can see her as a tank her fighting style seemed very defensive to me

So... you just quoted yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravex View Post
    So... you just quoted yourself.
    Lpl so I see. I never pay attention to poster names annnnd how the f....I am leaving that for the sake of absent minded humor

Quote Originally Posted by serendipity11 View Post
    What is the new job/class for stormblood? I heard somewhere monk but thats nonsense as I'm pretty sure monk already exists as the upgrade to pugilist.
    Red Mage
    /10char

I'm pretty sure the girl in the trailer is just a monk. But we'll find out soon enough once the second job is announced. Unless it turns out there ARE three but I think it'll just be two jobs this time.

Redmage has been confirmed, I'm pretty sure.