Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Warlock's life in a bg/wpvp

Spend 8 seconds trying to get a single cast off while 2-3 mongo melee train you to the ground in between stuns and interrupts. If you have a 2.5 min cd up, they'll just stun you some more until Unending Resolve is off. Run in between your character some more.

Die.

Clearly warlocks had to lose dark pact+demon skin on top of the nerf to casting circle and the damage nerfs themselves in this sea of tunneling melee.

Deleted
    Blizzard doesn't play or like Warlocks very much.

If you have 2-3 melee on you my friend it won't matter what class you play ... I play x2 builds this expansion: WW and Affliction and like them both lots for all parts of the game ... I doubt you will see Skin+Shield back again ...

Deleted
    Warlock in bg is best range class. So you want to survive 3 melee? Thats a good one.

so OP what caster does survive 2-3 melee hard CC'in them exactly?

Just play destro :> Resolve is only on 1 min cd. I die from time to time but I always take someone with me ^^. 100% chaos bolt still hurts /with my gear/ !

well honestly I play Ret (one of the best 1v1 classes in game) if i get jumped by lets say WW/Enh/Feral i will be dead very quick as well, no DPS should be able survive 3 melee on them in a bg/wpvp unless enemy have 0 clue wtf they are doing. So i am not sure what you are complaining about...a lock can not 1v3 melee who rotate cc on lock/kicks, to me it sounds balance, dont you think it would be a bit OP if 3 melee rotate perfect kicks/stuns and lock could still solo all 3 ?

Unending Resolve should grant immunity to stuns or at least cut them in half. They gave it this ridiculously noticeable graphic so any half-decent player just stuns you until it ends, or runs through you at the last minute which is always fucking cute.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Spend 8 seconds trying to get a single cast off while 2-3 mongo melee train you to the ground in between stuns and interrupts.
    I feel so sorry for you ... You can't survive 2-3 melees? You are a Warlock, you should easily be able to solo 3-4 melees. What a bad design!

Quote Originally Posted by Reek View Post
    Unending Resolve should grant immunity to stuns or at least cut them in half. They gave it this ridiculously noticeable graphic so any half-decent player just stuns you until it ends, or runs through you at the last minute which is always fucking cute.
    Warlocks aren't that bad at all, it's just certain melee classes are totally out of control (ret, feral, WW, frost, DH). And those classes just tend to also be the ones with really toxic one-dimensional gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
    I feel so sorry for you ... You can't survive 2-3 melees? You are a Warlock, you should easily be able to solo 3-4 melees. What a bad design!
    It's not surviving 2-3 melee you idiot. It's the fact you can't avoid that scenario unlike a frost mage/hunter/druid.

It's not like warlock/spriest have kiting tools to avoid being swarmed by melee. You have a 30 sec cd demonic circle if you give up mortal coil (in which case you can't even peel someone long enough to get a single cast off). A 30 sec cd escape when most melee have 2+ gap closers on half the cooldown on that.

If 2-3 melee see a warlock and they want to train him to the ground, there's nothing the warlock can do to avoid that position.

You can't outrun them, out CC them or effectively kite anyone. You're virtually the slowest class in the game. So if you can't move or CC to avoid damage, you should be tanky as hell to counterpressure.

Warlocks used to have that with demon skin+dark pact. With the talent swap now they're made of paper.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2016-11-14 at 09:19 AM.

Deleted
    You realize that no class (except stupid rogues and pallys) can survive 3 melees (or 3 casters) on you right? You want to outplay them? Sadly WoW is not a good game to outplay people

- - - Updated - - -

It's not surviving 2-3 melee you idiot. It's the fact you can't avoid that scenario unlike a frost mage/hunter/druid.

It's not like warlock/spriest have kiting tools to avoid being swarmed by melee. You have a 30 sec cd demonic circle if you give up mortal coil (in which case you can't even peel someone long enough to get a single cast off). A 30 sec cd escape when most melee have 2+ gap closers on half the cooldown on that.

If 2-3 melee see a warlock and they want to train him to the ground, there's nothing the warlock can do to avoid that position.

You can't outrun them, out CC them or effectively kite anyone. You're virtually the slowest class in the game. So if you can't move or CC to avoid damage, you should be tanky as hell to counterpressure.

Warlocks used to have that with demon skin+dark pact. With the talent swap now they're made of paper.

When could warlocks ever kite? Please do tell, with kil jaeden cunning? What a joke, thats not kitting at all. Warlocks has always been trashed by rogues and most melees.

- - - Updated - - -

Also a mage cannot handle 3 people if they have any clue what they are doing. You are basically pretending like blinks and novas are enough to escape or control 3 melees on you, thats plain stupid

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    so OP what caster does survive 2-3 melee hard CC'in them exactly?
    most classes can avoid the situation by running away

warlocks stand there and die

funny gameplay

let me ask you something, why do you think warlocks are consistently one of the least played classes? we are not allowed to have fun, that's why

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    most classes can avoid the situation by running away

warlocks stand there and die

funny gameplay

let me ask you something, why do you think warlocks are consistently one of the least played classes? we are not allowed to have fun, that's why
    lol play another caster it's not the case, elemental i can thunderstorm and the melee have 3 times the number of gap closers on 1/3rd of the cooldown, boomkin had 1 displacer beast use your gap closer and he's fucked, spriest, what? spriest has no mobility.

you warlocks just got your MoP goggles on when you thought you we're good, you thought you we're balanced, someone had to remind you you're not mages you're mortal like the rest of us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    lol play another caster it's not the case, elemental i can thunderstorm and the melee have 3 times the number of gap closers on 1/3rd of the cooldown, boomkin had 1 displacer beast use your gap closer and he's fucked, spriest, what? spriest has no mobility.

you warlocks just got your MoP goggles on when you thought you we're good, you thought you we're balanced, someone had to remind you you're not mages you're mortal like the rest of us.
    nah it was the same in MoP, but back then we at least had cc and didn't have to sacrifice it for 'tankiness'

it's just a very unfun experience but it gets infuriating when you also roll over in 5 seconds even though you're supposed to be tanky to make up for your complete lack of mobility

Spend 8 seconds trying to get a single cast off while 2-3 mongo melee train you to the ground in between stuns and interrupts. If you have a 2.5 min cd up, they'll just stun you some more until Unending Resolve is off. Run in between your character some more.

Die.

Clearly warlocks had to lose dark pact+demon skin on top of the nerf to casting circle and the damage nerfs themselves in this sea of tunneling melee.
    demonology is nuts rihgt now!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    Warlocks aren't that bad at all, it's just certain melee classes are totally out of control (ret, feral, WW, frost, DH). And those classes just tend to also be the ones with really toxic one-dimensional gameplay.
    i would love to hear how a ret or DH is one dimensional

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks are doing really good, Warlock even won Blizzcon and they got buffed in 7.1

Warlocks are not suppose to tank raid bosses :/

Ret also can not escape 3 melee lol....some ppl need stop writing none sense and making fools of themselves, instead play spec first before providing inaccurate info

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like OP wants this: