Anyone have comment on Inescapable Dread? I just got 865 with socket out of Kara and Already have 865 Phantasmal Echo and 855 DMC: Immortality

Deleted
    How do prot pallies fare atm? Pros/Cons? Perfectly viable or rather passed over?

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Do you need final stand for the solo soak elerethe cheese? I was picking it but not sure if simple bubble would work too and not really wanting to risk a wipe to check out.
    With blessing of spellwarding you can solo soak both knockbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Caketime View Post
    How do prot pallies fare atm? Pros/Cons? Perfectly viable or rather passed over?
    Imo perfectly viable for any sort of dungeon/raiding content.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaktard View Post
    Imo perfectly viable for any sort of dungeon/raiding content.
    You still have to keep one thing in mind: paladins are less great for highly mobile fights since we're rather dependend on consecration (which doesn't move) and even dropping BH every few steps is rather lackluster. Paladins aren't stationary, by no means, but if you like the gameplay of hightier-mythics where you don't "tank" stuff but keep threat and stun/kite stuff, other classes can do that better.
    On top, you don't have group CC - except you take only holy DPS with you which makes you dependend on others. What you CAN do is some substantial utility regarding your own group. shields and serious off-healing capability.

Nevertheless, splashdamage is pretty nice.

Imho I would say the toolkit of a paladin is really great for 20man mythic since you can negate a lot of stuff and where other tanks just heal tons of damage, you negate a percentual amount of incoming damage. If you run with four capable healers, your selfhealing will pale in relation to their output, but to mitigate that much stuff (the horse alone is ridiculous considerung the possible uptime) will allow you to live through damage which you couldn't possibly heal/shield yourself against.

P.S.: I see no reason why one should believe prot paladin can be passed over by design. The single tank which I would consider being on the "weak side" is brewmaster. He's just a bit special atm. Prot on the other hand doesn't need a highskilled player to deliver an "okay"-performance. Yes, better players will help your group even more, but imho the specc is rather forgiving to players with a high latency.
    Last edited by TenDance; 2016-11-06 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TenDance View Post
    P.S.: I see no reason why one should believe prot paladin can be passed over by design. The single tank which I would consider being on the "weak side" is brewmaster. He's just a bit special atm. Prot on the other hand doesn't need a highskilled player to deliver an "okay"-performance. Yes, better players will help your group even more, but imho the specc is rather forgiving to players with a high latency.
    I wouldn't consider BrM to be special or weak atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed. My offtank at the moment is a Brewmaster with roughly the same gear level as me. While he does take more damage than me, it's WAY smoother... Which was always their thing.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Does Ilterendi, Crown Jewel of Silvermoon still work in prot spec?

If it does, doesn't that make it one of our best legendaries...RIP.

Deleted
    Did it ever work for prots? That sounds extremely broken.

Also, why do people randombly ad "rest in peace" at the end of their posts? I've been seeing this a few times recently and I'm really curious. ^^

It did all throughout beta, didn't get one on live to test

It continues to work for prot.

It's one of the better ones, since we get 100% uptime. However with the hotp scaling nerf, it's not as broken op as it was previously.

On Odyn how do you guys deal with the spear? Our movement is not great and just running out would leave me to get 1 shot I could not get away fast enough, even running as soon as the cast starts, I can Cav 2 and bop and DS but the rate at which they come i was running out of CD's

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grippo View Post
    On Odyn how do you guys deal with the spear? Our movement is not great and just running out would leave me to get 1 shot I could not get away fast enough, even running as soon as the cast starts, I can Cav 2 and bop and DS but the rate at which they come i was running out of CD's
    Even on heroic it was not that hard to handle the spears. After just ignoring three with Bubble, AD and BoP we tanked the boss in a way that the spear target runs in one direction (south or north) and the active tank runs with the boss away from him. This looks a bit silly and melee dps will hate you but its the easiest way to survive if you are low on additional paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulilol View Post
    Even on heroic it was not that hard to handle the spears. After just ignoring three with Bubble, AD and BoP we tanked the boss in a way that the spear target runs in one direction (south or north) and the active tank runs with the boss away from him. This looks a bit silly and melee dps will hate you but its the easiest way to survive if you are low on additional paladins.
    Same we barely had to move with rotating immunities. How long in between casts is it cause with legendary bracers might be able to take 2 straight spears bop'd no? Like horror on ilgynoth you can take back to back eye beams them bubble 3rd.
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

Quote Originally Posted by grippo View Post
    Spear is physical damage. I bubbled the 1st one, AD/GoAK 2nd, BoP 3rd, and AD/GoAK 4th.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    It continues to work for prot.

It's one of the better ones, since we get 100% uptime. However with the hotp scaling nerf, it's not as broken op as it was previously.
    I happened to have received the ring (rolling on holy...) and it would now be my second legendary (replacing an 855 crafted). Happy to test and post some logs if you want to confirm that it works? would need some suggestions since it is based on missing health

Quote Originally Posted by SantaMaria View Post
    I happened to have received the ring (rolling on holy...) and it would now be my second legendary (replacing an 855 crafted). Happy to test and post some logs if you want to confirm that it works? would need some suggestions since it is based on missing health
    Just cast a flash of light on yourself... then judge something and cast one again...
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Deleted
    I suppose - I wanted to check it works on LoTP/HotP since it does not affect the HOT it leaves on you.

Quote Originally Posted by SantaMaria View Post
    I suppose - I wanted to check it works on LoTP/HotP since it does not affect the HOT it leaves on you.
    Then it doesn't actually work for prot anymore.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

So for dps try hard it looks like most high ranks are using Hidden Satyr neck enchant, yes? Also is there any merit to 'Potion of Prolonged Power' or is it just the cheap way to avoid 2x Old Wars per pull?