Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    These are not exact quotes but generalisations.

Blizzard in legion beta "Each spec should feel different and have its own identity. Specs should be tied to class fantasy."

Blizzard now " All hunters are the same so we are only making one mount"

Your thoughts? I find this very...frustrating. No idea the story behind this but i hope at least its a taming quest.

There are a lot of ideas but one perfect example of spec uniqueness is BM could tame a "spirit beast mount"

EDIT: If it is only color variation then i retract this.
    I think the problem is not the getting different mounts, or reskinned ones, the real one is the assertion of specs SHOULD feel different back then and now they say they are the SAME. Are they saying they failed to do so? Did they change their opinion on the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Geran View Post
    I think the problem is not the getting different mounts, or reskinned ones, the real one is the assertion of specs SHOULD feel different back then and now they say they are the SAME. Are they saying they failed to do so? Did they change their opinion on the issue?
    ... I don't know about you, but I feel very different playing BM over MM or SV... It's difficult making specs feeling different from the class that they belong to... A Hunter shouldn't exactly feel like playing a Shadow priest or shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceape View Post
    The Hunter community has become so whiny, it's sickening.
    There are good reasons for it though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Druids, mages, rogues, shaman, warriors, paladins and monks aren't getting what amounts to a reskin as far as I know. It really only makes sense for classes which have specs that drastically differ in theme and appearance. Shadow priests are unique in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=257423/b...d-class-mounts

see the twitter quotes from watcher.
    They only said they would do slight re-skins for Shadow and the mage specs. Again, it makes 0 sense for a Shadow Priest to ride a holy-looking owl mount. Same thing for a Fire mage main to ride a Disc that seeps Arcane energy.

And again, I will ask you, what about the current mount model would you even change to make it different for other specs? We are not talking about a fucking cat mount instead of this flying owl/wolf thing kind of change. Only slight variation to the color like the other specs mentioned above are getting.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Oh boy here we go again. There just isn't enough diversity between the 3 specs that would warrant a different mount color(re-skin).

They said they had planned different ones for at least mages. Why? Because Mages have 3 very distinct specs, Fire(Red), Frost(Blue) and Arcane(Purple). Their manhole cover will be Red, Blue or Purple depending on their spec.

What would change with Hunter mount?
    Personally, and this may be out on a limb, but the 3 specs really do feel different to me. Marks is a scout and a sniper, so something stealthy yet robust - my thoughts would be either wolf / tiger / hawkstrider / horse. Only reason I have 4 very unique mounts is to avoid being flamed as a fan of a particular race, but honestly, if you are part of an army, and youre a scout / archer / marksman, what mount would you ride? Even though my hunter is a Human, id like it to be a hawkstrider, personally.

Beast Mastery - surely needs to be a colossal giant beast. Bear / Core Hound / Mammoth / Clefthoof. Something daunting, so that when I have Hati and my pet at my left and right, my mount in the center of the trio of beasts will be a centerpiece.

Survival - this one is a bit more delicate, in that it has to make sense. As a ghost / when youre dead, surv hunters are actually in the form of a hawk, and can fly. For those that didn't know, this is just a perk of survival, and currently live. I want to consider having and eagle or hawk be the surv mount.

BUT MAL IT CANT FLY THATS NOT FAIR

Sure, but it would fit the theme. Perhaps a Falcosaur? It should be more cunning than ferocious / tenacious (actual pet talent tree aside).

Edit: JK BM needs Devilsaur mount or bust

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thewallofsleep View Post
    Druids, mages, rogues, shaman, warriors, paladins and monks aren't getting what amounts to a reskin as far as I know. It really only makes sense for classes which have specs that drastically differ in theme and appearance. Shadow priests are unique in that regard.
    Agreed, to that end I would be fine with holy and disc getting identical mounts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    What's the point having 200+ mounts? Why has WoW turned into a effin collectible game?
    Why? Pushes the community to stay subbed longer? Why that? It has worked for many, many years

When? Wrath, when achies came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Maletalana View Post
    Personally, and this may be out on a limb, but the 3 specs really do feel different to me. Marks is a scout and a sniper, so something stealthy yet robust - my thoughts would be either wolf / tiger / hawkstrider / horse. Only reason I have 4 very unique mounts is to avoid being flamed as a fan of a particular race, but honestly, if you are part of an army, and youre a scout / archer / marksman, what mount would you ride? Even though my hunter is a Human, id like it to be a hawkstrider, personally.

Beast Mastery - surely needs to be a colossal giant beast. Bear / Core Hound / Mammoth / Clefthoof. Something daunting, so that when I have Hati and my pet at my left and right, my mount in the center of the trio of beasts will be a centerpiece.

Survival - this one is a bit more delicate, in that it has to make sense. As a ghost / when youre dead, surv hunters are actually in the form of a hawk, and can fly. For those that didn't know, this is just a perk of survival, and currently live. I want to consider having and eagle or hawk be the surv mount.

BUT MAL IT CANT FLY THATS NOT FAIR

Sure, but it would fit the theme. Perhaps a Falcosaur? It should be more cunning than ferocious / tenacious (actual pet talent tree aside).

Edit: JK BM needs Devilsaur mount or bust
    But you are missing the point also. The different spec based mounts are RE-COLORS. Not different models entirely. They are basically just changing the color scheme slightly of the 1 mount to fit each spec. For example Mage Disc orbs changing color, DK skeleton dragon glowing red/green/frost depending on spec.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    But you are missing the point also. The different spec based mounts are RE-COLORS. Not different models entirely. They are basically just changing the color scheme slightly of the 1 mount to fit each spec. For example Mage Disc orbs changing color, DK skeleton dragon glowing red/green/frost depending on spec.
    Oh no I got you, I have seen them all. I apparently assumed that some possible creative alternatives would be welcome here. Not trying to sway opinions or bash at all, just throwing out some ideas I had

Lol this community man. No, they haven't failed at abything. It was not their intention to make the specs have wildly different fantasy.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV