Thread: Config.wtf

Config.wtf

I play wow in windowed mode and after i connected the monitor with HDMI-HDMI cable the resolution started changing randomly every time i open the game.

Sometimes the window is extremely small, some other times it isnt.

Recently the option to play with 3840 res dissapeared and now it only shows 1920 as max resolution on the settings (this might be it, since my monitor is not 4k so forcing 3840 could have caused the problem?)

Anyway what is auto changing everything is the config inside WTF folder. The set resolution there changes all the time.

So my question is, is there a way to change it for good so my window stops doing what its doing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well... You can change the file to "read only", that will prevent it from getting edited.

Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    Well... You can change the file to "read only", that will prevent it from getting edited.
    Will it prevent the game itself from editing it also?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeh.- View Post
    Will it prevent the game itself from editing it also?
    Yes. It's not exactly a proper fix, it's a gimmick that might solve your problem =p

It would be better to find out what is causing the problem to begin with, do you use curse client for addons? It's the only program I can think of that writes to the WoW folder (although it shouldn't be editing your config.wtf).

I do use it. My frienda believe my windows is fucked up and should format. Might end up doing that since its been causing a lot of problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do use it. My frienda believe my windows is fucked up and should format. Might end up doing that since its been causing a lot of problems.
    Do it then, it's not the best way to fix things but it's a safe way to eliminate software problems =)

Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    Do it then, it's not the best way to fix things but it's a safe way to eliminate software problems =)
    I was such a happy camper with my windows 7 until i changed the computer and everybody forced me into w10

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was such a happy camper with my windows 7 until i changed the computer and everybody forced me into w10
    I have to doubt that Windows is the sole reason for your issue. Reformatting and reinstalling in this case would only be a method of fixing most of any potential software issues all at once rather than constant troubleshooting. Even if it fixes it it doesn't mean that Windows itself was at fault. A corrupt installation can cause a lot of issues. Writing to a game file isn't typically one of them.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Since my computer decided to allow 1920 WoW max res my windows mode stopped acting up.

I do not have a UHD monitor, can this be the reason game didnt wanna stick up with 3840?

10+ Year Old Account
    There might be FHD monitors that accept UHD signals and do the downscaling to make it possible to show, it wasn't that unusual with TVs, but generally speaking it should cap at the native resolution.