Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    I don't think I fully agree with this. You shouldn't be sitting on 2 stacks of fire blast, you're losing Kindling reduction time by doing so. Later on in the tree, you're also losing the blast furnace dot, along with the initial damage.
    Ergo, you'd cast your Fblast on cooldown at 100% crit (which will never happen, but for the sake of argument). Below 100% crit, you save your charges for a Heating Up. You don't 'just cast' Fblast because you've had a 5 hit crit-chain and are sitting on 2 charges. What if the 6th doesn't crit? Also, Blast Furnace is negligible, especially if you weigh it up against losing a potential instant Pyro.

Alright thanks the the replies, I will keep that in mind.

What are the best dungeons for crit gear as a mage? Neck and Head mostly, still stuck with 835 pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    Ergo, you'd cast your Fblast on cooldown at 100% crit (which will never happen, but for the sake of argument). Below 100% crit, you save your charges for a Heating Up. You don't 'just cast' Fblast because you've had a 5 hit crit-chain and are sitting on 2 charges. What if the 6th doesn't crit? Also, Blast Furnace is negligible, especially if you weigh it up against losing a potential instant Pyro.
    it's not as simple as you're making it out to be. there will be a crit % threshold where beyond which it will be beneficial to spend your fireblasts when it's capped, and that threshold won't be 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by waat View Post
    it's not as simple as you're making it out to be. there will be a crit % threshold where beyond which it will be beneficial to spend your fireblasts when it's capped, and that threshold won't be 100%.
    Yes, that's true. It's also RIDICULOUSLY marginal of a DPS gain, but a big loss if you mess it up. This is so far beyond statistical variance it will very likely never influence your DPS enough to matter in any meaningful way.

Deleted
    Do you have any evidence to back this up? It sounds like nothing more than a gut-feeling to me.

Even if it were a dps gain, it wouldn't even be worth risking it.

Do you have any evidence to back this up? It sounds like nothing more than a gut-feeling to me.

Even if it were a dps gain, it wouldn't even be worth risking it.
    it's pretty obvious that will be the case. you're comparing a guaranteed increase in damage dealt (more fireblast casts) with a potential decrease (lost instant pyroblasts). sadly i don't have the time or the talent to come up with a proper formula for determining where that threshold is. it could be 30% crit and everyone should be spending fireblasts when they cap, or it could be 98.9% crit and you are effectively right that you should never spend them when they're not needed for hot streak.

Deleted
    it's pretty obvious that will be the case. you're comparing a guaranteed increase in damage dealt (more fireblast casts) with a potential decrease (lost instant pyroblasts). sadly i don't have the time or the talent to come up with a proper formula for determining where that threshold is. it could be 30% crit and everyone should be spending fireblasts when they cap, or it could be 98.9% crit and you are effectively right that you should never spend them when they're not needed for hot streak.
    Yeah, thought so.

Yeah, thought so.
    Maybe you could post some evidence to back up your assertion that using capped fireblast when you don't need it for hot streak is a dps loss? Or maybe some logs of you crushing M+ as arcane?

Yeah, thought so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcpenco1234 View Post
    What are the best dungeons for crit gear as a mage? Neck and Head mostly, still stuck with 835 pieces.
    Sadly gear from 5mans sucks until you start pushing Mythic +6 and beyond.

Up till that point nothing beats crafted gear (peerless/decimator) with maximized crit weight. Almost every slot is available in AH. In fact I think 855 decimator gear may even be better than heroic raid drops (870) for fire, but don't quote me on that. Vastly Oversized Ring is pretty much BIS and available on AH, which is hilarious/sad.

But if you're not made of money, then Maw Of Souls and Halls Of Valor are good to run.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2016-11-15 at 04:36 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    Maybe you could post some evidence to back up your assertion that using capped fireblast when you don't need it for hot streak is a dps loss? Or maybe some logs of you crushing M+ as arcane?

Yeah, thought so.
    Mate, I really don't need to prove to you what common sense already does. Don't believe me? Fine, cast Fblast on cooldown, as if I give a shit ^^

As for logs, I already have in 2 other threads and I most certainly will not post them again, because some nobody who thinks he should Fblast on cooldown wants them.

Enjoy that OP Blast Furnance damage son.

Never ever, there's debate when it comes to secondary stats though, mastery for cleave/multitarget, haste for single.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spending your 2nd fireblast is akin to gambling - you may not need it in next ~10 seconds span (while its recharging), then you get a slight DPS increase, or even with 80% crit chance you get screwed twice and you need this 2nd fireblast to continue lobbing pyros, so, in this case, it's a huge DPS loss (loss of one pyro loses you way more DPS than fireblast + dot). So, yeah, until 7.1.5 kicks in with some weird ass changes like fireblast having 1 stack i would rather sit on 2 fireblast stacks to save myself from not critting twice in a row and screwing my flow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

As for logs, I already have in 2 other threads and I most certainly will not post them again, because some nobody who thinks he should Fblast on cooldown wants them.
    mascarpwn has never posted logs. He's been asked multiple times on 2 different threads (which I can link, one for Flamestrike AOE rotation and another on Mythic+ Arcane damage as he claims), and it's generally agreed that he's just a troll.

I don't doubt that there are people that can actually produce the numbers, but mascarpwn masquerades himself as one of the players that can do so... but oddly he can't post logs, but he keeps saying he does

No matter. He's banned anyway apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by sosaria View Post
    mascarpwn has never posted logs. He's been asked multiple times on 2 different threads (which I can link, one for Flamestrike AOE rotation and another on Mythic+ Arcane damage as he claims), and it's generally agreed that he's just a troll.

I don't doubt that there are people that can actually produce the numbers, but mascarpwn masquerades himself as one of the players that can do so... but oddly he can't post logs, but he keeps saying he does

No matter. He's banned anyway apparently.
    The logs were there. You can ignore that fact all you want, just to sustain your utterly ridiculous claim that Flamestriking on 3 targets was ideal. No wonder you're supporting someone that says to use Fblast on cooldown. I mean, ignorance, supports ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Spending your 2nd fireblast is akin to gambling - you may not need it in next ~10 seconds span (while its recharging), then you get a slight DPS increase, or even with 80% crit chance you get screwed twice and you need this 2nd fireblast to continue lobbing pyros, so, in this case, it's a huge DPS loss (loss of one pyro loses you way more DPS than fireblast + dot). So, yeah, until 7.1.5 kicks in with some weird ass changes like fireblast having 1 stack i would rather sit on 2 fireblast stacks to save myself from not critting twice in a row and screwing my flow.
    This fine gentleman was kind enough to put in writing, what anyone with common sense would already know.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2016-11-17 at 09:23 AM.

crit is king. when u start getting higher ilevel tho, it will be incredibly difficult to keep it up. best case sim your upgrades because even tho crit is much better than int, when we are talking about THOUSANDS of int and small crit differences, the line is blurry

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    The logs were there. You can ignore that fact all you want, just to sustain your utterly ridiculous claim that Flamestriking on 3 targets was ideal. No wonder you're supporting someone that says to use Fblast on cooldown. I mean, ignorance, supports ignorance.

This fine gentleman was kind enough to put in writing, what anyone with common sense would already know.
    Nocturnus, link the logs that mascarpwn posted.

For the record I never said I supported casting Fblast on cooldown (without guaranteed proc).

I merely pointed out that mascarpwn never provided the logs in any of the threads to support his claims.

I still don't have the logs. Nobody can actually provide the logs that he says he's logged. Maybe you are the first, perhaps? Or... maybe not.

Because your last post before yesterday was on 2016-03-04 6:49PM. (8 months ago?)

mascarpwn's got banned yesterday at with last post at 1:27PM.

You started posted again AS OF YESTERDAY at 9:04PM.

Makes one wonder whether you're mascarpwn...?

Anyway. mascarpwn's logs. Please. Post. Them. Somebody. Anyone.
    Last edited by sosaria; 2016-11-17 at 11:34 PM.

62% Feels like the best spot for me, i dont know if its placebo or not but at 58-59 i feel like i get a lot of dry spells. At 61-63 i feel like i get lots of Fireball critting into Pyro crits

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stop stacking crit when 7.1.5 comes out... because you'll be respec or rerolling kekeke

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkaz View Post
    62% Feels like the best spot for me, i dont know if its placebo or not but at 58-59 i feel like i get a lot of dry spells. At 61-63 i feel like i get lots of Fireball critting into Pyro crits
    It might even be the best spot, considering it's very hard to gain more crit unbuffed. Obviously, more is better.

Hey,

I would like to know untill what point should I keep stacking crit?

Here is my armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Mcpenco/simple

I am currently sitting at:

Crit 61.40%
    Haste 6.15%
    Mastery 17.93%

I think my mastery is a bit too high and my haste a bit too low. Should I keep passing on Ilvl upgrades because they don't have enough crit on them? Same for mastery?

Thanks in advance.
    "when should I stop stacking crit?" <-------------------------------------------Never.

- - - Updated - - -

Should I drop some crit or mastery to get more haste? Higher crit gear is getting difficult to come by.
    No. You only need 1,800 total haste for fire. Crit you want as much as you can possibly get. I would also recommend reading forums like icy-veins because their are a LOT of people on MMO who have no idea what they are doing and will give you BAD advice. You don't stop taking crit even at 60%- you keep going as much as you can as crit is everything and made that way also by your artifact gold talent. The more you crit in a row you get a 5% damage boost and it stacks up to 5 times- so crit = best stat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EmiHes View Post
    When I got over 60% crit, I almost felt it as too much, since you get so many crits that fireblast stay on 2 stacks sometimes. I think over 60% is unnessesary.
    Posts like this one are the reason I told you that people give BAD advice. This guy is 100% wrong. You can "feel" all you want but the talents and math say the exact opposite.
    I'm at 66% crit and I still want more.