Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Welcome to Starfall Prophecy Gift Pack

**spoiler alert**

When you log into the new Rift Expansion Starfall Prophecy you'll find this waiting on the Store for you to claim.

This seems to be a separate item from the Mystery Tenebrean crate people that pre-ordered were able to get.

Here's what the goodies are:

Void Drake Supply Crate:

Large Artifact Bundle:

Five Individual Rewards Charges:

One Hundred Cosmic Earth Cores:

Wardrobe weapon skin, Scatherran Lily:

All the items are Bound to Account so it doesn't matter which char you claim it on, but of course can only claim the pack once.
    Last edited by Slipmat; 2016-11-15 at 09:43 AM.

So did we ever confirm if Slipmat was a Trion employee? I mean, there's no way someone is this loyal to a game this dead, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    So did we ever confirm if Slipmat was a Trion employee? I mean, there's no way someone is this loyal to a game this dead, right?
    It's amazing what some reading can do for you...

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post43245504

Deleted
    As a long-time lurker around these parts of the forum; Nope, he denies it on every turn.
    I don't know if the game is dead or not, but he certainly does sound like someone being paid-off to hang out here.

10+ Year Old Account
    He says he isn't.

Note the "gift pack" contains items for level 65 only. The game goes up to 70. I guess they felt guilty about people paying so much for so little.

On launch, your 40 bucks buys you:
    * Only 2 new dungeons,
    * no raid, (the one that will eventually be released will only be a 10 man)
    * 4 zones,
    * severe nerfing of support class versatility,
    * gating content via gear behind an expensive RNG secondary stat system
    * putting rep purchase items behind RNG
    * nerfing of minion card system - with no compensation to people that paid for more minions.
    * basically making all secondary stats based on RNG
    * having so-called "legendary" abilities that are still not finished (we are 1 day to launch)
    * majority of empty servers - with a weird "load balancing" thing that puts everyone (French, German, English) on one server - they claim it's not about making the game not look dead, but rather "load balancing" - you figure that out.
    * still very heavy handed forum moderation where you get banned for "trolling/baiting" when you weren't - just offering a critique - nothing has changed.

I mean, to be a competitive raider, you need to spend at least US$90 to get into the game as the US$40 doesn't include most of the new souls / talent trees.

Things are so desperate, their last remaining streamer (a nice guy) is BEGGING for NA and EU to be merged / allowed to play together.

SESHATAR - Thread: Please let NA and EU population play together!

Why do i continue to post? Every time I see Slipmat post, I will be the auto-correct. Tired of this guy. I still maintain he's a paid shill. No-one can be this drunk on the Kool-Aid without being paid.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2016-11-15 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    It's amazing what some reading can do for you...

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post43245504
    Why should I bother looking into your post history when I have no interest in your game and I only think you're advertising while lying about your affiliation to the company?

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    As a long-time lurker around these parts of the forum; Nope, he denies it on every turn.
    I don't know if the game is dead or not, but he certainly does sound like someone being paid-off to hang out here.
    Well obviously he denies it (otherwise it'd be in his signature, good companies aren't liars), that's why I asked if we'd confirmed it.

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    He says he isn't.
    I can say I'm not a human, does that make me not a human?
    I know you're not a fan of Slipmat, so let me ask you: do you think he has no affiliation to the company?

10+ Year Old Account
    I know you're not a fan of Slipmat, so let me ask you: do you think he has no affiliation to the company?
    In my personal opinion (and many of the people I know), we suspect, based on the "way" he posts stuff he probably is.

He doesn't share information. He actively advertises the game.

We all know you can earn a lot of money writing fake positive reviews. We all know it happens. There was a huge sh*tstorm a few years ago about some top youtubers not disclosing they were endorsed to promote the games they were playing.

ps. I don't hate him. I just dislike how much of the kool-aid he's drinking.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2016-11-15 at 10:13 AM.

In my personal opinion (and many of the people I know), we suspect, based on the "way" he posts stuff he probably is.

He doesn't share information. He actively advertises the game.

We all know you can earn a lot of money writing fake positive reviews. We all know it happens. There was a huge sh*tstorm a few years ago about some top youtubers not disclosing they were endorsed to promote the games they were playing.

ps. I don't hate him. I just dislike how much of the kool-aid he's drinking.
    Fair enough, and not saying you hate him, just saying you're not a fan (as you're always in these threads arguing what he says).

10+ Year Old Account
    Fair enough, and not saying you hate him, just saying you're not a fan (as you're always in these threads arguing what he says).
    He also has a nasty habit of baiting people on the official forums and getting them banned. Another thing that makes me think he is affiliated is that he can blatantly troll on their forums and get away with it.

He does more harm than good. Instead of just letting people vent, he pushes their buttons and seems to get a thrill out of it.

On MMO champ, the forum mods aren't biased, so they allow him to be confronted and fact-checked.

At least trion's new CM, Brasse is a better diplomat.

Rift is not healthy, so hopefully it doesn't drag her down with it.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2016-11-15 at 10:30 AM.

Why would I pay 30 quid for a game with less content than WoD?

He says he isn't.

Note the "gift pack" contains items for level 65 only. The game goes up to 70. I guess they felt guilty about people paying so much for so little.

On launch, your 40 bucks buys you:
    * Only 2 new dungeons,
    * no raid, (the one that will eventually be released will only be a 10 man)
    * 4 zones,
    * severe nerfing of support class versatility,
    * gating content via gear behind an expensive RNG secondary stat system
    * putting rep purchase items behind RNG
    * nerfing of minion card system - with no compensation to people that paid for more minions.
    * basically making all secondary stats based on RNG
    * having so-called "legendary" abilities that are still not finished (we are 1 day to launch)
    * majority of empty servers - with a weird "load balancing" thing that puts everyone (French, German, English) on one server - they claim it's not about making the game not look dead, but rather "load balancing" - you figure that out.
    * still very heavy handed forum moderation where you get banned for "trolling/baiting" when you weren't - just offering a critique - nothing has changed.

I mean, to be a competitive raider, you need to spend at least US$90 to get into the game as the US$40 doesn't include most of the new souls / talent trees.

yeah requiring the offsouls to be competitive is really slimy, i don't know about the other classes but at least for mages they designed it so you would have to spec into a tank spec that comes in a soul pack that you have to buy for a legendary that increases your damage by 25 percent. no other offsoul even comes close to giving you a boost like that so tank offsoul becomes mandatory for dps.

they didnt allow people to even level to 70 on the public test shard with a fast level option so they could test multiple specs without having to level multiple toons. so people that didnt feel like grinding levels couldnt even provide feedback for the stuff they were interested in like class balance.

1 test performed performed for the touted new content fortress siege though out all of beta.

1 test, not even announced for pvp bolstering balance after which players were asked "how it felt" after 3 responses dev declares good enough.

they were big on saying they wanted this to be a polished expansion, yet that's that even close to true. tons of things still not working 1 day from launch.

the forums are dead so if a thread doesnt get alot of replies then its completely ignored even thought it provides bugs and feedback, devs just seem to assume everything is ok

Quote Originally Posted by shimcham View Post
    yeah requiring the offsouls to be competitive is really slimy, i don't know about the other classes but at least for mages they designed it so you would have to spec into a tank spec that comes in a soul pack that you have to buy for a legendary that increases your damage by 25 percent. no other offsoul even comes close to giving you a boost like that so tank offsoul becomes mandatory for dps.

they didnt allow people to even level to 70 on the public test shard with a fast level option so they could test multiple specs without having to level multiple toons. so people that didnt feel like grinding levels couldnt even provide feedback for the stuff they were interested in like class balance.

1 test performed performed for the touted new content fortress siege though out all of beta.

1 test, not even announced for pvp bolstering balance after which players were asked "how it felt" after 3 responses dev declares good enough.

they were big on saying they wanted this to be a polished expansion, yet that's that even close to true. tons of things still not working 1 day from launch.

the forums are dead so if a thread doesnt get alot of replies then its completely ignored even thought it provides bugs and feedback, devs just seem to assume everything is ok
    Forums are dead because any ounce of criticism gets deleted or closed by the terrible moderation over there. Also they knew what scummy move they were doing when they made the better souls locked behind a paywall. As for polished. This is far from polished. It's a last cash grab attempt from Trion and they know it.

Quote Originally Posted by shimcham View Post
    This one actually makes a lot of sense, If you want people to test your questing content for bugs then you need lots of people doing them, I doubt they want a repeat of Nightmare Tide where it was hit and miss if a quest would work for you or not. Not even counting that one with the Crabs in Goboro, in the end they just gave up on that one and redesigned it to a simple click the shiny quest.

There's a lot of other stuff that goes into making a leveling experience too, like the XP curve (also way, WAY off in Nightmare Tide by the way), quest variation and making sure they flow as intended, item drop rates, Zone event XP etc etc. One would assume Trion wanted feedback and bug testing on their leveling content as the reason why you couldn't just skip straight to 70.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    This one actually makes a lot of sense, If you want people to test your questing content for bugs then you need lots of people doing them, I doubt they want a repeat of Nightmare Tide where it was hit and miss if a quest would work for you or not. Not even counting that one with the Crabs in Goboro, in the end they just gave up on that one and redesigned it to a simple click the shiny quest.

There's a lot of other stuff that goes into making a leveling experience too, like the XP curve (also way, WAY off in Nightmare Tide by the way), quest variation and making sure they flow as intended, item drop rates, Zone event XP etc etc. One would assume Trion wanted feedback and bug testing on their leveling content as the reason why you couldn't just skip straight to 70.
    thats understandable yet they should have alloted some time for 70 testing of abilities, honestly the last week i expected them to at least put up 70 pots since most of the questiing feedback would have been provided to them. just because someone is leveling doesn't mean they are providing feedback, i provided zero feedback on leveling and instead provided feedback on bugs with the souls or how alot of legendaries made no sense or were just plain terrible while provoding suggestions for improvements(which were completely ignored and now most mage souls have absolutely terrible legendary abilities)

oh and my favorite so far has been devs not even willing to provide changes made to the public test shard so people have to go around and discover every change made. so far its been one player just compiling as much as he can by himself and what others tell him.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am streaming tonight at 8pm GMT tonight - my leveling process - let's see if they manage to resurrect the dead.

Some guildies may be joining me - some are experienced raiders - Harshmallows EU - so, not just my opinion, but people who have been playing for 5+ years - hoping for a polished expansion.

Hoping Trion delivers. Servers going down in a moment.

Last edited by theWocky; 2016-11-16 at 01:04 PM.

I am streaming tonight at 8pm GMT tonight - my leveling process - let's see if they manage to resurrect the dead.

Some guildies may be joining me - some are experienced raiders - Harshmallows EU - so, not just my opinion, but people who have been playing for 5+ years - hoping for a polished expansion.

Hoping Trion delivers. Servers going down in a moment.

http://www.youtube.com/c/diaBLOGlical/live
    Thanks Wocky I was feeling a bit down today. That's cheered me up a bit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Thanks Wocky I was feeling a bit down today. That's cheered me up a bit
    You know - if they don't - at least you'll get some comedic relief :P

You know - if they don't - at least you'll get some comedic relief :P
    Tbh I got a free copy from a friend just now who keeps wanting me to come back. I'm not in the habit of wasting free gifts so I'll check it out I guess. What time does this go live do you know Wocky?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-11-16 at 01:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you say... P2W ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Tbh I got a free copy from a friend just now who keeps wanting me to come back. I'm not in the habit of wasting free gifts so I'll check it out I guess. What time does this go live do you know Wocky?
    1 hour from now. 8PM GMT

Can you say... P2W ?

- - - Updated - - -

1 hour from now. 8PM GMT
    Still borderline pay to win if you can buy them. Not quite there but close. Nothing new and not surprising from Trion.