Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    When you get a massive spike in calls, as happened here, then you look for a reason and that reason is Donald Trump's election, which makes about 450 of those 500 calls-a-day from people whose side lost.

Unless it is Hillary Clinton calling up 450 times, then those people are highly unlikely to be actually suicidal.
    Well, they could also call to rant, because ya know...crisis AND suicide hotline.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Suicide isn't something I take lightly, but come on. This is silly.
    Shame on both of you for falling for clickbait titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    When you get a massive spike in calls, as happened here, then you look for a reason and that reason is Donald Trump's election, which makes about 450 of those 500 calls-a-day from people whose side lost.

Unless it is Hillary Clinton calling up 450 times, then those people are highly unlikely to be actually suicidal.
    Okay. One key factor in suicide is depression. Not just being down, suffering from real, genuine, depression. I don't think I'm very far fetching in suggesting that people calling suicide hotlines over Hillary Clinton defeat might have other conditions ? And that calling them ''wusses''' is not going to help ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LordWellington View Post
    Please explain me the meaning of this sentence. For me, the only possible meaning is ''they will kill themselves, and it will free valuable ressources''-a typically internet tough guy answer.

Familiar enough with it. I just fail to understand how telling people to kill themselves is going to help with actual skyhigh suicide rate for young males ?
    It'll either cause those to do have genuine suicidal thoughts to be consoled, and it'll have the whiny children calling for attention to have their fill of attention.

Suicide is a terrible sad thing, but pretending to be suicidal for attention is probably one of the most abhorrant things I could ever think.

Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    It's not applicable to straight heterosexuals, no. They can go on a gangbang with every prostitute known to mankind and it wouldn't matter to the CDC.

Caucasians are not and will not be considered minorities in any part of the USA until like, 2030. Stop playing daft, supposed super ancient old man who knows all...
    Everyone is asked the same set of FDA or AABB approved questions before donating blood. Have you not donated blood?

Actually what I find most telling about this is that these same people could not be consoled by their fans or followers in social media that they were forced to seek out help and solace from a Suicide hotline. That is really a shame and goes to show you what things are really like on social media.

One thing they are assuming is that the increased call number HAS to be liberals all heart broken over their failed candidate. Another legitimate possibility is people who are actually Trump supporters now being totally vilified and bullied by the liberal crowd because let's face it now that Trump is President-Elect you have people feeling fully justified in being toxic and violent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay. One key factor in suicide is depression. Not just being down, suffering from real, genuine, depression. I don't think I'm very far fetching in suggesting that people calling suicide hotlines over Hillary Clinton defeat might have other conditions ? And that calling them ''wusses''' is not going to help ?
    I didn't call them wusses. They sound like drama queens, who would be better off with a cup of tea followed by a nap.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Suicide isn't something I take lightly, but come on. This is silly.
    Yes, snowflakes are very very silly. Good thing Winter is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    It'll either cause those to do have genuine suicidal thoughts to be consoled, and it'll have the whiny children calling for attention to have their fill of attention.

Suicide is a terrible sad thing, but pretending to be suicidal for attention is probably one of the most abhorrant things I could ever think.
    Saying ''you are doing for attention'' or ''man it up'' is an extremely ill advised to do with anyone you mention he have suicidal thoughts. And anyone would tell you that one reason of the giant difference between man suicide rates and woman ones is that woman seek help.

BTW, it's not very far-fetched what I say. If someone says he is suicidal, it should be assumed that he is. Mockeries about being ''whiney'' are not going to help, at all, the one that is actually suicidal.

Deleted
    Saying ''you are doing for attention'' or ''man it up'' is an extremely ill advised to do with anyone you mention he have suicidal thoughts. And anyone would tell you that one reason of the giant difference between man suicide rates and woman ones is that woman seek help.
    More the case men can correctly fire a gun and tie a noose.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Calm down people, seriously. Calls to suicide hotline go up by a factor of 10.
    only cowers call, be a hero! DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Yup, having a VP advocate gay conversion therapies isn't going to make young LGBT members anxious, illegals or families being deported and Muslims being made a scapegoat sure is essentially nothing. Mostly young people call those hotlines, I don't blame them for freaking out.

Either you lack empathy or the intelligence to understand other people's PoVs; as long as you are fine, everything is fine. Pitiful.
    Considering most adults older than 40 lived through some of the cold war era where NUCLEAR ANNIHILATION was a REAL threat... i'm sorry but these people crying over a president who might rescind some human rights really haven't even experience real fear. Not too mention what would happen during the next global financial crisis and widespread economic collapse. Stuff happens, but its not the end of the world. To think most adults actually had something to protest during the 60's and 70's in young men getting drafted and being sent overseas to die in the jungle... this is just ridiculous.

I'm not diminishing or invalidating people who are victims of hate crimes, or have to suffer through discrimination and abuse... but roll with the punches, keep the fight up, attitudes are changing and people more often than not want to work together, or at least live and let live.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to say something about Darwin, but that would be insensitive.

It does not strike you that people killing themselves at Christmas are not really killing themselves because of Christmas ?

Or, random example, Packers or whatever fan killing themselves because the Packers lose (or drinking to a stupor) are presumably not doing this just because of Packers ?

Not to mention another elephant in the room that no one mentionned : the Daily Störmer and the usual suspects are urging their followers to taunt people into killing themselves...

Deleted
    It does not strike you that people killing themselves at Christmas are not really killing themselves because of Christmas ?

Or, random example, Packers or whatever fan killing themselves because the Packers lose (or drinking to a stupor) are presumably not doing this just because of Packers ?

Not to mention another elephant in the room that no one mentionned : the Daily Störmer and the usual suspects are urging their followers to taunt people into killing themselves...
    kys fam tbh

infracted - major flaming
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-11-14 at 08:24 PM.

We all know it's because Last Christmas gets played all the time. It should be correctly labelled as a weapon of mass destruction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    We all know it's because Last Christmas gets played all the time. It should be correctly labelled as a weapon of mass destruction.
    I think it's more to do with Christmas jumpers being to tight. It's classed as suicide if you willingly put it on. Murder if Granny forces you to.

No I meant the completely startling following conclusion : people who are suffering depression kill themselves at Christmas more because of the depression than Christmas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Everyone is asked the same set of FDA or AABB approved questions before donating blood. Have you not donated blood?
    What're you wanting to know exactly? Do you not know anything? Go do your research, then ask real questions for a change. So far, you've proven you know nothing about basic things.

Also, no Caucasians are not, regardless of your cities population considered full fledge minorities...again, do your research. I'll point you to the terminology: Majority minority /boggle
    Last edited by Moggie; 2016-11-15 at 05:38 AM.

just tell them to get it over with. theres nothing worse than people who constantly complain about the election results. its been over for a week now and people are still salty. if you are so suicidal over that then just go down the road not across the street.

Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    What're you wanting to know exactly? Do you not know anything? Go do your research, then ask real questions for a change. So far, you've proven you know nothing about basic things.

Also, no Caucasians are not, regardless of your cities population considered full fledge minorities...again, do your research. I'll point you to the terminology: Majority minority /boggle
    So you are stating that everyone is not held to the same FDA/AABB guidelines before donating blood?
    Or should we make an exception for a few? Say .85%