BM for mythic + and MM for Raids?

I read a while back in the hunter thread that a few people posted that BM spec is mainly for mythic + and MM is most for raids? Does this still hold true?

Currently both BM and MM SPEC I have 18 AP points but I am at a point now where I need to consider what gear, gems enchant I need to use? I mostly will be doing 5man dungeons. Raids I might go once a while if my friends ask.

BM mostly for mythic+
    MM can be good in both mythic+/raid.

BM and MM have identical gear requirements.

If you are mostly doing 5's i'd go BM.

Couple main advantages you gain as BM is your pet can provide lust or brez, and you can be 100% mobile which can be pretty huge in mythic plus runs, imo.

Both specs get screwed out of an on demand aoe stun, unfortunately.

10+ Year Old Account
    BM for 5 mans, we have one in our group and it's amazing, the Brez/Lust in one package can't be beat. Plus solid damage/cleave and mobility.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifttar View Post
    Couple main advantages you gain as BM is your pet can provide lust or brez, and you can be 100% mobile which can be pretty huge in mythic plus runs, imo.

Binding shot is an AOE stun, assuming your tank knows how to make use of it.

For me it really depends on the affix. If tyrannical and/or raging are up I'd definitely go with MM.
    BM is very strong if you have to deal with bolstering, teeming and fortified.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifttar View Post
    Binding + Bursting Shot knockback. Its even a faster stun than shaman totem lol

Surprised not a lot of hunter do this since they removed the dot removing component of bursting shot
    Last edited by Yizu; 2016-11-15 at 10:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    Binding shot is an AOE stun, assuming your tank knows how to make use of it.
    I have a macro that literally screams at the tank I run with when it's down, he loves it.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I have a macro that literally screams at the tank I run with when it's down, he loves it.
    Can you share it please?

Quote Originally Posted by sponge5307 View Post
    I read a while back in the hunter thread that a few people posted that BM spec is mainly for mythic + and MM is most for raids? Does this still hold true?

Currently both BM and MM SPEC I have 18 AP points but I am at a point now where I need to consider what gear, gems enchant I need to use? I mostly will be doing 5man dungeons. Raids I might go once a while if my friends ask.

People need to focus on who they are talking to before they answer. If you have 18 AP in both i would classify you as someone pretty casual at this point. Either you dont play alot or you started late to the game.

Pick the spec you have the most fun with and stick to it. Ignore the rest. Pump as much AP in it as you can get.

This is from someone who plays the game way to much and i went full BM. 33 points in BM and 0 in the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Narienne View Post
    Can you share it please?
    /cast Binding Shot
    /say MOVE BITCH, GET OUT DA WAY!

Deleted
    BM is complete easy mode for mythics.. pump out great aoe if not the best in the game (specially with 1 Beast Cleave relic) and blink strikes

Single target boss damage is also excellent with cds up (they should be and pot) pets have to move far less/if at all which really hurts BM in stuff like helya/Odyn TOV and some fights in EN

Marks is also good in mythic +.. but harder and more dangerous in comparison to BM

It's the spec for raids sadly.. all though i am pushing ahead of our MM hunter on single target but those kind of encounters don't happen much

Quote Originally Posted by Snootylol View Post
    BM is complete easy mode for mythics.. pump out great aoe if not the best in the game (specially with 1 Beast Cleave relic) and blink strikes

Single target boss damage is also excellent with cds up (they should be and pot) pets have to move far less/if at all which really hurts BM in stuff like helya/Odyn TOV and some fights in EN

Marks is also good in mythic +.. but harder and more dangerous in comparison to BM

It's the spec for raids sadly.. all though i am pushing ahead of our MM hunter on single target but those kind of encounters don't happen much

Only Beef I have with BM is I'm always Focus starved.... I have Bestial rdy but no focus to do CS/KC combo.... IMO 40 focus per CS is too high....

Quote Originally Posted by Trueshot-DW View Post
    Only Beef I have with BM is I'm always Focus starved.... I have Bestial rdy but no focus to do CS/KC combo.... IMO 40 focus per CS is too high....
    Just use stampede and base your run around doing larger trash pulls which you stampede on.

Quote Originally Posted by Trueshot-DW View Post
    Sounds like you're spamming CS too much. Cast it to prevent yourself from Focus capping, but don't cast it so much that you can't cast your primary abilities as soon as they're off CD. The only time I spam CS is during Aspect of the Wild.

And yes, BM is great for Mythic+ content. I've yet to run with someone that can even come close to me in damage on a big pull with Bestial Fury (talent), Volley and Stampede rolling. Keep an eye out for Raging though, this is the only one i've encountered that forces us to spec and play differently.
    Last edited by Vintas; 2016-11-15 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    People need to focus on who they are talking to before they answer. If you have 18 AP in both i would classify you as someone pretty casual at this point. Either you dont play alot or you started late to the game.

Pick the spec you have the most fun with and stick to it. Ignore the rest. Pump as much AP in it as you can get.

This is from someone who plays the game way to much and i went full BM. 33 points in BM and 0 in the rest.
    I just play too many characters... before deciding on my hunter. I play a warrior, pally, druid, rouge, Monk etc etc all have around 18 AP for the sepc........ This expansion is really not alt friendly......