Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Do you stop healing people if they constantly get hit by stuff and don't learn?

I do. I mean I'm their healer not their servant. Why should I consistently keep them alive if they are not willing to make my job easier or improve so they don't get hit?

All the time when on my healers.
    If you wanna stand in fire, I will let you.
    Doesn't mean I'll put burn cream on your burns though.

I keep healing them but there are definitely times when I feel like I should just stop because they're standing in literally everything all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I do. I mean I'm their healer not their servant. Why should I consistently keep them alive if they are not willing to make my job easier or improve so they don't get hit?
    If anyone gets hit by ANY avoidable damage, especially in 5 mans, I just let them die, even if its a mythic+. Even if it wipes the group that 2 dps died and the tank couldn't keep up cds.. bad dps gotta learn somehow. I have left meany mythic+ groups because the dps and or the tank didn't know how to get out of fire.

No, I enjoy healing people

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, i stop healing em if they take excessive avoidable damage.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Don't be a healer if you don't want to correct mistakes.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, because I want to kill stuff as fast as possible and my time is to precious to waste it on teaching people a (useless) lesson.

Deleted
    i do the opposite myself. Heal people that stand in shit and explain them what they do wrong and dont heal the elistic jerks so it teaches them to stop being wankers.

No, it's a waste of time to have them dead and not dpsing, and it isn't going to teach them fuck all anyway, as if they cared they would have figured out how to strafe by now. Will prove nothing but make them think you're a shit healer, not that their opinion matters but at the end of the day all you're really doing is hindering yourself unless it's really taking away from the players that are being careful.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. I just want to get the content done. If it's in a guild raid, however, you can be damn sure I'll be letting the raid leader know.

Sure, if I have time. Sometimes healing gets hectic and the ones standing in bad will be the first to die. I try not to get mad and will request that they try and avoid damage if possible. If they are rude about it then they become bottom priority.

Deleted
    Crazy how arrogant half the replies here are.

People are not all top10 mythic guild quality. In random pugs people WILL get hit by avoidable mechanics. They may well be trying to avoid them but sometimes, they just are not good enough.

Unless its a mythic +15 or something most mechanics are not 1shotting anyone.

Id understand you being pissed if the group wipes and they blame the healer (despite all taking masses of avoidable damage), but otherwise, healing is your job!

If everyone dodged every avoidable mechanic and the tank played perfectly then you really aren't even needed, certainly not a healer with ilvl comparable to the DPS/Tank. Your 870 healer is taken instead of an 830 to cover accidental damage and ensure the group can continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Critterer View Post
    Crazy how arrogant half the replies here are.

People are not all top10 mythic guild quality. In random pugs people WILL get hit by avoidable mechanics. They may well be trying to avoid them but sometimes, they just are not good enough.

Unless its a mythic +15 or something most mechanics are not 1shotting anyone.

Id understand you being pissed if the group wipes and they blame the healer (despite all taking masses of avoidable damage), but otherwise, healing is your job!

If everyone dodged every avoidable mechanic and the tank played perfectly then you really aren't even needed, certainly not a healer with ilvl comparable to the DPS/Tank. Your 870 healer is taken instead of an 830 to cover accidental damage and ensure the group can continue.
    Accidental exactly. But is it ok if they continued to stand in the shit and take that damage and refuse to learn from it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    No, because I want to kill stuff as fast as possible and my time is to precious to waste it on teaching people a (useless) lesson.
    I don't play a healer but I this would certainly be my stance on it. Who has time to just not get things done because you want to "teach" someone a lesson? I wish I had that kind of free time...

I don't stop healing because I wouldn't want to wipe the group, but I do stop dispelling certain things. The easily avoidable fear on Ymiron in Maw of Souls, for instance. If someone gets hit by the first one, that's fine. If the person gets hit by another one, I won't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    If anyone gets hit by ANY avoidable damage, especially in 5 mans, I just let them die, even if its a mythic+. Even if it wipes the group that 2 dps died and the tank couldn't keep up cds.. bad dps gotta learn somehow. I have left meany mythic+ groups because the dps and or the tank didn't know how to get out of fire.
    You sound like the type of player that shouldn't bother playing a healer.

Love it when you're getting hit by unavoidable damage and stop receiving heals cause you're a "newb standing in bad"

I can understand Healers stop healing people who are standing in avoidable damage, but when they assume they are standing in avoidable damage which they're not.... yeah

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    They're generally my guildies, so telling them in person on voice chat will have much better effect.
    When it comes to pugs - who cares, it's a pug right?

Quote Originally Posted by c313 View Post
    Love it when you're getting hit by unavoidable damage and stop receiving heals cause you're a "newb standing in bad"

I can understand Healers stop healing people who are standing in avoidable damage, but when they assume they are standing in avoidable damage which they're not.... yeah
    You knew what I meant when I made this. Don't try and do that. Of course I meant if they are consistently hit by avoidable damage and are refusing/unwilling to learn.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Christonya View Post
    You sound like the type of player that shouldn't bother playing a healer.
    Why? Jaylock has a point. Mythic + especially. Each death ruins the timer and considering it starts to hurt later on it really doesn't help a healer.