Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Ouch.

That's the end of the road for my Felo'melorn, i'm afraid.

Btw devs said that Firemage is too crit dependant.

solution: buffs to critical mass.

WHAT THE FLYIN' F* !?

Deleted
    First iteration of new patch, dont lose your shits just yet.

Guys ... du you really think Ice Floes will be frost only? Pls ... it's prob just a datamine error. I guess it will be baseline.
    Last edited by Neoxx; 2016-11-15 at 09:04 PM.

Bit early maybe, but seeing the arcane changes, I like it. I am fire now and frost 2nd, but these changes(so far) make it more like it was before legion, and I loved that!
    Burst, evo, conserve, burst, evo, conserve without having to think about stacks of this and that, and dont have to stop dps etc. And I who just switched to frost for a singel target specc, now its another round of AP farm for arcane I guess :P

Deleted
    It is in the talent calculator and it is datamined as frost only. You'd think an universally used talent since Mists would become baseline to the class, but instead it is just fine to remove what has been the baseline mobility of fire and arcane mages instead.

I have the legendary bracers and losing ice floes is going to suck major dick.

The more i think about how useful it is in the sadder i get.

Wrath of Azshara? Rip.
    What about the 3rd boss in DHT. Super rip.

Ursoc / nythendra? Boy i can't wait to cancel casts all the time to walk out of bugs and shit on the floor.
    Last edited by Lobstarrr; 2016-11-15 at 08:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep in mind that a lot of these changes are subject to change and might not even be all the changes coming to the PTR (at Blizzcon they mentioned that they would launch the PTR without some of the planned changes implemented). It isn't uncommon for Blizzard to make changes during a PTR cycle, especially when there are huge class changes like these.

Arcane is looking good so far. I'm pretty content with this, I've been dumping my AP into my Arcane artifact lately.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2016-11-15 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Deleted
    They are cracking down on Ice floes because it is problematic in PvP when combined with shimmer. Positioning it on the same tier as shimmer for frost is good proof of this.

This feels like an overall nerf to fire at this point

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neoxx View Post
    Guys ... du you really think Ice Floes will be frost only? Pls ... it's prob just a datamine error. I guess it will be baseline.
    As of now it's frost only. But it could change

Deleted
    so is the new flame on passively +1 charge and -3sec cd? Time to change loot spec to frost

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zeNNoN View Post
    Ok, so, Combustion gives 50% instead of 100% mastery, no more flame on for prolonged combustion, rop nerfed to 40%. All this means that probably tier 45 of are talents could be balanced. I don't know who is that person because of whom they can't get rid of rop but this could actually work. Let's hope.
    Unless that is coupled with massive buffs to pyro or fireball then mage will become entirely unviable for singletarget though....

Quote Originally Posted by archtme View Post
    They are cracking down on Ice floes because it is problematic in PvP when combined with shimmer. Positioning it on the same tier as shimmer for frost is good proof of this.
    Well FUCK PvP, fuck it with a ten feet pole, fuck it from the bottom of my heart. This insufferable piece of shit part of the game have been ruining all the fun by bringing the whole game down with changes made because of it. It should have been segregated from the rest of WoW harder than black people in the past ages.
    Oh my freaking god, how tired I am of this PvP bullshit.

"Icy floes is such a good spell. Boy, wouldn't it be just lovely to have it baseline, since it's a complete staple of mage as a class for 5 years already and is taken regardless of what's competing with it" + Blizzard logic = delete spell for Fire and Arcane, and for Frost put it on the same row as an incredible quality of life Shimmer talent. And leave T75 as boring, useless and stale as before.

Fire seems neutered, though I really think Inferno Blast being only 1 charge is an error of datamining. Blizzard can't possibly be serious about returning to the archaic mechanics unless you take a talent. I guess it's a good thing I've been investing heavily into Frost and Arcane lately.

Different barriers seem nice. I bet 1k gold that they will have vanilla visual effects though.

Quote Originally Posted by Createk View Post
    so is the new flame on passively +1 charge and -3sec cd? Time to change loot spec to frost
    Yes, so you get 3 charges, and 3 second less cooldown.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    No base fireblast charges were nerfed to 1

both the combust mastery nerf and fb charges are _PVP_ changes
    learn to read with comprehension people...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neoxx View Post
    I hope so, too.

On the plus side, finally we get a fire based barrier spell.

I'm really looking forward to how this develops. They NEED to compensate with buffs considering how extremely nerfed we'd be if this would go through without further changes (which I doubt).

I fail to see how fire gets less crit dependant and I fail to see how the Rune of Power talent row has more choices now. RoP is weaker but the other two still suck as much ass as they always have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exil25 View Post
    It is in the talent calculator and it is datamined as frost only. You'd think an universally used talent since Mists would become baseline to the class, but instead it is just fine to remove what has been the baseline mobility of fire and arcane mages instead.
    Sucks for us, but Ice Floes has been under the guillotine for soooo long it's a miracle it hasn't been nerfed earlier along with other ranged specs mobility in the game. They should buff Scorch back to MoP values now though.

Ice Floes has always been pretty busted compared to other caster mobility, there's just no going around that. In Legion with Shimmer AND Ice Floes available for all mages this change has just been a matter of time.

However... adding the Flame On and RoP nerfs to these moblity changes Fire damage output is worrysome. And it's only the first PTR iteration, you can't go starting fires yet

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Are you sure? Because it's still listed as an active ability with 45 sec CD.

Quote Originally Posted by arandan View Post
    Are you SURE? Because I keep reading it this way
    Last edited by mmoccdde410f5d; 2016-11-15 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arandan View Post
    No, they arent.