Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Can someone explain to me how Patient Sniper is "baked in"?

Patient Sniper put a 150% damage Vulnerable onto mobs.

The new vulnerable is 100% damage. Marked Shot gets a 20% nerf. (if it did 100 -> 250 before, now it does 100 -> 200)
    Aimed shot gets a 25% buff. That means it's neutral (if it did 100 -> 250 before, now it does 125 -> 250).

If they're baking it in, they're doing a pretty half ass job of it.
    Last edited by Azlo; 2016-11-15 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetacheese View Post
    Cleavemaster hunter was fun while it lasted. rip
    That's the thing, though, I don't understand where we are supposed to be now. Spread cleave was the niche we had, and it was a good one if you could execute it correctly. Our ST damage isn't good, and from this build it looks like it's only going to get worse, but we're losing our spread cleave too.

This whole class is just confused as fuck and all over the place.

its not a nerf. our aim shot is hiting about a vul debuff aimshot on live, without in ptr. this is looking like a slight, if not weird buff

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    The crit nerf seems to be for all dps specs regardless of class.
    some classes didnt get it

Deleted
    Nothing worth looking at just yet then.

Deleted
    I hope the datamining is not finished for SV...

Nothing on the lvl 100 talents... Spitting Cobra, anyone?

Waylay apparently not applying to Steel trap nor Caltrops...

So glad that aimed shot now does 100% extra damage to targets not in combat.

Who thinks up these things?

MM:Stupid nerfs to the talents that made the spec close to enjoyable/playable.

A new legendary that I'm never going to get that should be baseline.

My already shit legendary pants (the only legendary that I got since legion launched playing every day) are even worse than Sephuz....

If this is what we are getting I'm not renewing my sub after 7.1.5.I'm not rerolling because they can't do their job well.

Quote Originally Posted by Crayten View Post
    Deserved nerf since hunter is basically rocking all DPS charts ...
    No, thats shadow priest and assassinantion rogues you're thinking about there.
    Unless theres a lot of adds to cleave, hunters dead last.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sim View Post
    SV:
    5% Crit nerf.
    New Ability: Waylay. Traps become "better" after not triggering for 2 seconds.

BM:
    Barrage nerf

MM:
    Aimed Shot buff
    Arcane Shot Buff
    Marked Shot Buff
    Sidewinders Nerfed
    Patient Sniper moved to lv 60 row.
    Sentinel Buff.
    Barrage Nerfed.
    Where do you see this?

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Where do you see this?
    Yeah im not seeing these changes anywhere.

Didn't Ion specifically say that many of the class/talent changes would NOT be in the first PTR build?

Don't cancel your subs yet.

But I agree, that BM shoulder should be baseline. I've thought so since the first time DB lit up with 0.00000001 seconds left on CD. Please don't "solve" a spec feel problem by sticking the fix on an item I'll maybe see a pug hunter get.

Maybe the new DB tooltip is bugged and it's two charges baseline, not one. But then, having three would be a pretty small DPS increase over the course of a fight.
    Last edited by Kingoomieiii; 2016-11-15 at 09:32 PM.

Deleted
    Can't log into the PTR as it's rammed but how i see the change to dire beast having one charge is to stop wasting a DB when it proc resets just as it comes off CD anyway. So the proc just consumes the proc and not the remaining charge?

Or am i just hilariously wrong here?

Nope i'm wrong. Doesn't work like that at all...
    Last edited by mmoc2810eb85ec; 2016-11-15 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Correcting info

Tested it out on PTR, when you have a proc of marking targets, sidewinders still applies hunter's mark to all targets hit. They're not getting rid of our spread cleave.

Edit: I'm dum. It just doesn't apply vulnerable anymore. Yeah that's a pretty terrible nerf.
    Last edited by Origination; 2016-11-15 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    Can't log into the PTR as it's rammed but how i see the change to dire beast having one charge is to stop wasting a DB when it proc resets just as it comes off CD anyway. So the proc just consumes the proc and not the remaining charge?

Or am i just hilariously wrong here?

Nope i'm wrong. Doesn't work like that at all...
    A charge ability with max one charge is the same as a normal CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Brocksley View Post
    So glad that aimed shot now does 100% extra damage to targets not in combat.

Who thinks up these things?
    I know, it's obviously intended for when you're solo questing etc, but could well lead to hunters wanting to pull the boss in raids (thank god for misdirection!) and if you have more than 1 hunter ...

I know it won't make any difference to DPS in the long run when fighting a raid boss fight but what a stupid, unnecessary addition!
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingoomieiii View Post
    The legendary most likely changes the spell to allow 2 stored charges which is why this change happened.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Piercing Shot is listed on the mmo-c talent calculator as taking only 20 focus now, instead of the 20-100 range. Is this new, or has it just been that long since I looked at Piercing Shot?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingoomieiii View Post
    Yeah that much i knew.

I assumedhoped that as it had a charge now a proc reset would consume the proc not the base charge. But it isn't the case.

Quote Originally Posted by partehuevos View Post
    I dont understand new patient sniper, any can explain me please?
    Vulnerable has been changed to a 7 sec duration 100% damage increase.
    What patient sniper does is increase the damge increase by 15% every second so:
    0 sec: 100% damage bonus
    1 sec: 115% damage bonus
    2 sec: 130% damage bonus

so on until the debuff falls off after 7 sec
    resulting in 205% damge bonus at the last second

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    Piercing Shot is listed on the mmo-c talent calculator as taking only 20 focus now, instead of the 20-100 range. Is this new, or has it just been that long since I looked at Piercing Shot?
    This is a mistake in the path notes, I can confirm that the focus cost of piercing shot has not been changed.

- - - Updated - - -

I have tested on some dummies and the single target of hunters is increased significantly. Using the new Patient Sniper talent I'm getting aimed shot crit for around 1.3-1.5 million where it only hit 800k before.