Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Leg Belt Koralon : Scorch is a guaranteed Critical Strike against enemies below 25% health.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I know its early but its clear that fire is going to see significant changes. I think its a shame Fire was probably the best spec I've played in Legion. Needed some number tuning and some talent fuckery but they seem to have used a hammer with what should of been done with tweezers.
    Let's see what comes out of it but I tend to agree. I enjoyed fire a lot. Hammer is probably the wrong tool, but at the end of the day - considering they wanted to devalue crit - some drastic changes were absolutely needed. I don't see any drastic changes relating to fire's crit reliance, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Idriss View Post
    Leg Belt Koralon : Scorch is a guaranteed Critical Strike against enemies below 25% health.
    is that official?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Wow. Firemages complain about shit legendary? instead of fixing shit legendary delete ice floes. Genius.
    Haha my first thoughts too.

Changes to legendaries are already at wowhead

Ok, Ice floes is indeed RIP on PTR atm.

Deleted
    On the PTR right now

Ice Floes is gone from Fire Mages (for now)

Any other questions?

Deleted
    https://s21.postimg.org/llocxpiav/20161115_230232.jpg

Oh and greater pyro cancels when using shimmer now. Could be a bug though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wish I had the Dragons Breath helmet though, with Alextraszas Fury it might be a fun double dipper

Deleted
    Hi

From PTR:

Looks like there is some new LEG gloves where phoenix flames lowers combustion by 6 seconds. Silver lining?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by greywolfamakir View Post
    Hi

From PTR:
    Seems like a pretty big nerf for it, then again a lot of stuff atm. seems to indicate that a general damage buff might be coming for Fire

so first blizz says they wont be nerfing popular specs to much because they dont wanna force ppl to swap to another spec after having looted legendarys and spent alot of ap in that artifact.
    Goes on to nerf combustion mastery by 50% and removing 5% of the overall crit bonus of the fire spec.....................
    all that ap... 100% wasted...

if these changes goes live the fire spec is 100% dead for raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    so first blizz says they wont be nerfing popular specs to much because they dont wanna force ppl to swap to another spec after having looted legendarys and spent alot of ap in that artifact.
    Goes on to nerf combustion mastery by 50% and removing 5% of the overall crit bonus of the fire spec.....................
    all that ap... 100% wasted...

if these changes goes live the fire spec is 100% dead for raiding.
    First PTR iteration, give it a couple patches.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallom View Post
    Looks like there is some new LEG gloves where phoenix flames lowers combustion by 6 seconds. Silver lining?
    No. Viability shouldn't hang on such RNG as a legendary.

Deleted
    Man, what were they thinking with these fire mage changes? I get if they want to focus the class away from burst damage towards sustainable damage but all they have done is just nerf all the ways of doing burst damage into the ground and changed nothing else. Similarly to "make the class less reliant on crit" by just making crit worse for the class and doing nothing to boost up the other stats.

Unless they are going to buff the base damage on other spells by a fairly large amount to make them actually worth something if they don't crit then I just can't see fire mage doing any reasonable amounts of damage without the use of specific legendaries which just isn't fun for anybody.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blants View Post
    Man, what were they thinking with these fire mage changes? I get if they want to focus the class away from burst damage towards sustainable damage but all they have done is just nerf all the ways of doing burst damage into the ground and changed nothing else. Similarly to "make the class less reliant on crit" by just making crit worse for the class and doing nothing to boost up the other stats.

Unless they are going to buff the base damage on other spells by a fairly large amount to make them actually worth something if they don't crit then I just can't see fire mage doing any reasonable amounts of damage without the use of specific legendaries which just isn't fun for anybody.
    Everything you said is right and it strongly points towards

First PTR iteration, give it a couple patches.

Combust nerf, RoP nerf, Blast nerf, FO nerf, IF removed, Bracers nerf and nothing in return. i loled. Genius balancing indeed, and i just took my 35.. What a fucking waste. Oh and an amazing change to firestarter.. instead of removing this crap from the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by throwaway-o View Post
    Everything you said is right and it strongly points towards
    Hopefully, but I don't even know how these proposed changes made it so far without any buffs to see if they balance out.

it's the standard negotiating tactic

they completely gut the spec and then when they pull back a bunch of the nerfs it feels like a buff

My ptr won't download. It's stuck at "waiting at another insallation or update..." I've checked every game and every PTR for every game, nothing is downloading. Anyone help?
    Hi Sephurik