10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bhcmoney View Post
    So what is with the 60 second cooldown on this talent now. Yes it lowers Gorefiend's Grasp which is now a 2 minute baseline already to make it 60 seconds but now is our DnD less useful for kiting in high-end M+ content if the slow only applies when used every 60 seconds?
    I'm pretty sure that the 60 sec cooldown part is just an artifact of the data mining (since GfG will have a 60 sec cooldown with that talent).
    B.Net: Tehr#1477 | Discord: Tehr#5246 | Stream | Guild Website | List of characters
    Raid CD Tracker (#1 on wago.io): Tehr's RaidCDs, ExternalCDs, UtilityCDs, ImmunityCDs, AoECCs, RezCDs, & Interrupts

Holy Moly, that new Legendary is incredible.
    Last edited by Gaust; 2016-11-15 at 11:56 PM.

I'm liking the Bone Shield buff, but I think we need clarifiction: When they say that a charge is consumed "each melee swing against you," does it mean that the swing has to connect, or will a charged be consumed by even if we dodge or parry the attack?

I'm still not convinced that Tombstone is worth taking except on fights where we have a major attack that requires another cooldown (but we already have VB/IBF baseline, generally talent into Blood Mirror for raids, and if given the choice I'd rather take Rune Tap and lose Foul Bulwark than take the new Tombstone and lose Red Thirst)--so I'm trying to picture a scenario in which I'd want *five* cooldowns instead of four, and frankly, I'm drawing a blank. The best I can think of is high mythic+ with the raging affix in Vault of the Wardens and that first mini boss that can instagib us--but that's a stretch.

It's clear that they're not done touching us, because Soulgorge is the elephant in the room that no one takes for any content at all--open world, 5 mans, raids, pvp, or soloing old content--so I'm looking forward to seeing what later updates have in store.

If they actually took away Necrotic Affix and other random dots eating away at the shield, I might actually dust off both my DK's again...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Resurgo View Post
    If they actually took away Necrotic Affix and other random dots eating away at the shield, I might actually dust off both my DK's again...
    Did... did you even read the notes?
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    What has he written that makes you think otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    I could be wrong, but, I think he means that *if* it's true that it's actually been fixed now and not them just updating the tooltip for the lulz. That said, I didn't expect them to ever fix it(we've been complaining about this issue since like Firelands, not as big of an issue back in the day, mostly a nuisance if anyone recalls) so *if* it's true I guess there's some hope. Moreover, the official notes also say "many more changes to come" under class changes (for all specs/classes) so I wonder if there's anything else in store for DKs, BDK in specific since our section was quite anemic compared to the rest of the classes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Philondra View Post
    I'm liking the Bone Shield buff, but I think we need clarifiction: When they say that a charge is consumed "each melee swing against you," does it mean that the swing has to connect, or will a charged be consumed by even if we dodge or parry the attack?

I'm still not convinced that Tombstone is worth taking except on fights where we have a major attack that requires another cooldown (but we already have VB/IBF baseline, generally talent into Blood Mirror for raids, and if given the choice I'd rather take Rune Tap and lose Foul Bulwark than take the new Tombstone and lose Red Thirst)--so I'm trying to picture a scenario in which I'd want *five* cooldowns instead of four, and frankly, I'm drawing a blank. The best I can think of is high mythic+ with the raging affix in Vault of the Wardens and that first mini boss that can instagib us--but that's a stretch.

It's clear that they're not done touching us, because Soulgorge is the elephant in the room that no one takes for any content at all--open world, 5 mans, raids, pvp, or soloing old content--so I'm looking forward to seeing what later updates have in store.
    That decision might change in later ptr builds. if they really make talents that 98% are using baseline we should see some new talents soon. There is no reason to ever switch from Heartbreaker, Rapid Decomp, Ossuary or Red Thirst.
    But yeah i´ll guess the rune cost to rebuild BS charges after using Tombstone will still be too high in comparison to rune tap.

The nerf to Purgatory seems weird so, its already the worst talent in that tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlars View Post
    The nerf to Purgatory seems weird so, its already the worst talent in that tier.
    If you take a closer look at the patch notes you'll notice that pretty much all "cheat death" abilities had their cds increased, massively. DH tank one went from 3 minutes to 8 minutes, etc,.

Deleted
    Woke up this morning to this patch notes:

So Bone Shield is finally fixed, the new legendary is going to give us SoB back, and GG is finally on a 2min cd.
    The changes to Tombstone might push it to some niche uses, but I'm not happy to see that IBF nerf tho.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xpire View Post
    If you take a closer look at the patch notes you'll notice that pretty much all "cheat death" abilities had their cds increased, massively. DH tank one went from 3 minutes to 8 minutes, etc,.
    The comparison limps. Last Resort is ridiculous strong in comparison to purgatory. Im not a DH expert, but i guess Last Resort is the Default choice for them. Nerfing Last Resort so it can only procc once during a Boss fight seems reasonable to me, most dhs will likely stick to it.

Nerfing purgatory which is already very bad is still weird. Im not using purg anyway so i dont really care. but now even more ppl will switch to Blood Mirror and again there will be a situation with 98% of the ppl taking the same talent

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlol View Post
    but I'm not happy to see that IBF nerf tho.
    i assume its just some kind of tooltip / spell update they only added the "blood". if they would nerf ibf for blood it would be listed in the blood section.
    Last edited by mmoca37d6d9cd4; 2016-11-16 at 10:30 AM.

Good morning, folks. I have recently changed over from BrM to BDK and thus far am loving it. I have what is probably a simpleton question, but I can not figure out the best way to utilize GG. I know I can target myself and yank them all towards me, but is that the best thing to do? Is it better to Grip one and then use it? What is your preferred way? Also, I haven't been in this situation yet, but I'd imagine that you can GG incoming or straggling agro the same way? I guess it's more of "what do I target to best utilize it". Thanks!

I am just now getting into heroics, so after reading through here I am thinking that bonestorm is probably not my best choice anymore...switch to blood mirror?

Deleted
    I am so happy with the changes.

Blood/Frost DK was my 3rd twink after starting with Monk and Priest but I am almost caught up at 875 right now and loving Blood DK Tanking already anyway and now we get a big improvement to bone shield, a minute off of GG and a 2nd legendary besides the belt that seems really good.

Now if only I had the Belt instead of Pyrdaz.

Quote Originally Posted by Khovan View Post
    I have what is probably a simpleton question, but I can not figure out the best way to utilize GG. I know I can target myself and yank them all towards me, but is that the best thing to do? Is it better to Grip one and then use it? What is your preferred way?

I am just now getting into heroics, so after reading through here I am thinking that bonestorm is probably not my best choice anymore...switch to blood mirror?
    I've got it on a macro to cast the ability on myself, thus gripping them all to me. That way it is predictable for the DPS in my group to know where the mobs are going to land once gripped and can use CC/AoE effects accordingly. Edit: I also usually mark myself so everyone easily can see me in combat.

Also, for running heroics/mythic+ up to at least +10/11/12 I absolutely love Bonestorm. Short CD, godlike damage on big aoe trash pulls and when paired with VB basically makes you immortal for its duration. Blood Mirror is more of a raid talent in my opinion. For everything else, Bonestorm is king.
    Last edited by Carnifexette; 2016-11-16 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnifexette View Post
    I've got it on a macro to cast the ability on myself, thus gripping them all to me. That way it is predictable for the DPS in my group to know where the mobs are going to land once gripped and can use CC/AoE effects accordingly. Edit: I also usually mark myself so everyone easily can see me in combat.

Also, for running heroics/mythic+ up to at least +10/11/12 I absolutely love Bonestorm. Short CD, godlike damage on big aoe trash pulls and when paired with VB basically makes you immortal for its duration. Blood Mirror is more of a raid talent in my opinion. For everything else, Bonestorm is king.
    Awesome, thanks! I'll google macro later today. Appreciate the help.

While I am at it, for heroics going in to baby mythics, is it haste>vers>crit=mas or is it better to go offensive with haste>crit>vers=mas?

Deleted

While I am at it, for heroics going in to baby mythics, is it haste>vers>crit=mas or is it better to go offensive with haste>crit>vers=mas?
    Simply gear for haste and try to avoid mastery, and you'll be fine tanking both Mythics and Normal EN.
    You can adjust your gear for haste/crit or haste/vers after you've entered more appropriate content (Mythic +, HC/Mythic EN).

The macro for GG is:
    #showtooltip Gorefiend's Grasp
    /cast [@player] Gorefiend's Grasp

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlol View Post
    Simply gear for haste and try to avoid mastery, and you'll be fine tanking both Mythics and Normal EN.
    You can adjust your gear for haste/crit or haste/vers after you've entered more appropriate content (Mythic +, HC/Mythic EN).

The macro for GG is:
    #showtooltip Gorefiend's Grasp
    /cast [@player] Gorefiend's Grasp
    Thanks, I appreciate the help!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    I am so happy with the changes.

Blood/Frost DK was my 3rd twink after starting with Monk and Priest but I am almost caught up at 875 right now and loving Blood DK Tanking already anyway and now we get a big improvement to bone shield, a minute off of GG and a 2nd legendary besides the belt that seems really good.

Now if only I had the Belt instead of Pyrdaz.
    Dude Prydaz is getting insane buffs for a tank

I go haste > crit >>>>>>>> vers > mast (even though I actually have more crit than haste with my current gear).

7+ Year Old Account
    Tombstone become finally viable talent for PvP like Mark of Blood was. BT could be imba in PvE but in PvP it was worse than MoB that shined against most of dual wielder specs.

PS Also about Anti Magic Barrier talent - you may be surprised but its best talent in row for PvP BDK.