Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Actually no way on earth any healer, even at 885 ilvl could keep everyone alive for 3 minutes on that fight on 15. We tried CoS 15 tyrannical 20 to 30 times, with a 880+ group, and we're good players.
    Numbers just don't add up, you exploited and he did no blade surges. That's fine though, I don't care, but don't go around telling people it's easy, when the only way you can kill that boss on tryannical 15 is by having an insane DPS and it dying with 2min15, 2m30 if lots of CDs

edit : maths : +15 is 194% increased damage, tyrannical is 40% additive modifier, which makes it 234% increased damage from mythic.
    Slicing maelstrom does 74k to 81k, on my journal right now. I'll take 75k, per sec, for 4 sec.
    Base damage in mythic 15 : 175k per tick, 702k total.
    Add that amount per add spawning.

On This log (not mine, just some random log on wcl), he does a Blade Surge (adding a new add) every 18 sec.
    On a 2m51 fight, that's 9 adds.
    So, on the last 3 Slicing maelstrom, you were taking :

- 1.4M every second, 5.4M total
    - 1.5M every second, 6.3M total
    - 1.7M every second, 7.0M total

And that's on every player.
    Your healer must be god, idk.
    Last edited by Piwielle; 2016-11-15 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brunnor View Post
    Pretty sure it was 254. I am getting old though, it is possible it was more. Maybe it was 354? I'm pretty sure it was a 54 ending. Doing the math at 354, it would be 400k per person.
    he has 254M on 14 not 15, atleast according to cos 14 logs

edit: heres a succesful cos 14 tyrannical, https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ss=Any&phase=3
    batshit crazy dps from war and they had almost 1M hps as a group, I have trouble imagining it healer healing through two more surges on extra % dmg from 15 and dps keeping this sort of dps once pots are gone
    Last edited by Sarevokcz; 2016-11-15 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    he has 254M on 14 not 15, atleast according to cos 14 logs

edit: heres a succesful cos 14 tyrannical, https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ss=Any&phase=3
    batshit crazy dps from war and they had almost 1M hps as a group, I have trouble imagining it healer healing through two more surges on extra % dmg from 15 and dps keeping this sort of dps once pots are gone
    A lot of the damage they took was avoidable. Warlock takes 16m from Blade Surge. Druid takes 5m from it. The warlock might as well not have even been there really, he didn't even double pot. The healing druid did almost no damage to the boss at all either. Group comp wasn't amazing really either. They only had the 10% haste buff as far as damage goes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Piwielle View Post
    Actually no way on earth any healer, even at 885 ilvl could keep everyone alive for 3 minutes on that fight on 15. We tried CoS 15 tyrannical 20 to 30 times, with a 880+ group, and we're good players.
    Numbers just don't add up, you exploited and he did no blade surges. That's fine though, I don't care, but don't go around telling people it's easy, when the only way you can kill that boss on tryannical 15 is by having an insane DPS and it dying with 2min15, 2m30 if lots of CDs

edit : maths : +15 is 194% increased damage, tyrannical is 40% additive modifier, which makes it 234% increased damage from mythic.
    Slicing maelstrom does 74k to 81k, on my journal right now. I'll take 75k, per sec, for 4 sec.
    Base damage in mythic 15 : 175k per tick, 702k total.
    Add that amount per add spawning.

On This log (not mine, just some random log on wcl), he does a Blade Surge (adding a new add) every 18 sec.
    On a 2m51 fight, that's 9 adds.
    So, on the last 3 Slicing maelstrom, you were taking :

- 1.4M every second, 5.4M total
    - 1.5M every second, 6.3M total
    - 1.7M every second, 7.0M total

And that's on every player.
    Your healer must be god, idk.
    He didn't keep everyone alive. Not everyone has to be alive to win. Having wonderful defensive CDs like turtle, or ice block make life much easier. We did have the damage reduction buff, which was nice for sure.

Deleted
    The usual health on tyrannical 15 single target endbosses is 296mio.. The damage is +214%. This means 75k+214% on top which breakes already the 200k mark per tick. The biggest issue is the dot, which must be dodged/mitigated by every single time, since the dot is not healable. If you must use your cds already ti save the dot, you just dont have enough to survive multiple maelstorm phases.
    Last edited by mmoc33efe4d836; 2016-11-16 at 08:10 AM.

Second boss isn't terrible. That last boss though.. damn.. even if you do it next to perfect people are dead and when the boss dies most the group is sub 30%.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    What does "overtuned" mean really, when technically there is no end to +X? At one point you are bound to hit a wall, right? And as it now seems that wall is hit earlier in one dungeon than in others.

Or would you say all dungeons and bosses just MUST have the same difficulty at the same +X level? I imagine that to be impossible, especially if you add the different Affixes AND different possible compositions of your group.
    I don't disagree exactly, but I don't think the disparity between a select few bosses and the rest should be so high. Like, I would rather do some of the other bosses on 15-17 than Melandrus on a 10. Shade of Xavius and Wrath of Azshara are the same, though I think Melandrus is the worst since the Potion of Prolonged Power made Shade a lot easier.

Deleted
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO7aRnmo-aI

That was our legit Court of Stars +15 Clear with tyrannical.
    Last Boss was reaaally fkn hard to beat, so we needed a couple of tries to get at least 2 Buffs(one DPS, one Dmg reduce/HP).
    I dont think its doable right now with less DPS than we had because the DMG income is really high even if you have a couple of Deff CD's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iconqt View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO7aRnmo-aI

That was our legit Court of Stars +15 Clear with tyrannical.
    Last Boss was reaaally fkn hard to beat, so we needed a couple of tries to get at least 2 Buffs(one DPS, one Dmg reduce/HP).
    I dont think its doable right now with less DPS than we had because the DMG income is really high even if you have a couple of Deff CD's.
    WOW NICE!!! Da hat euch der Warri aber gezogen
    Think I did this with a pug. Is "overtuned" the new fotm buzzword since ToV released?

What's next? "Is LFR overtuned?"

Granted our group pulled a lot more DPS than 400k average. I think our Rogue was well above 650k.
    as you can see in the video, it is far from easy. They performed very well (very good dot handling) and they have poped all cds to survive the maelstorm. I think 100 or 200k less group dps would make a big difference.