Page 38 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellshout View Post
    45 ilvl relic with Savage Def vs 39 ilvl relic with Thrash dmg increase for Mythic dungeons?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodKingSkovald View Post
    thrash relic is worth +15ilvl
    Thrash relic worth about 20ilvl single target and around 40+ on any aoe over non dps relics.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpsm8 View Post
    Thrash relic worth about 20ilvl single target and around 40+ on any aoe over non dps relics.
    Let me get this straight, so If I have an 880 life relic but an 860 with thrash the trash relic is better?

Quote Originally Posted by Bearygood View Post
    Let me get this straight, so If I have an 880 life relic but an 860 with thrash the trash relic is better?
    If you are only aiming for damage then yes, weapon ilv has little impact in your dps compared to a 10% extra damage to thrash from the relic.

Hey everyone! My buddy is playing Guardian this xpac but he has a couple persistent struggles:

He does not generate as much threat as other tanks, and his mitigation is next to nothing.

I know druid tanks don't have a large toolkit in the way of mitigation, but I feel it has to be better than what's being used here:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...t=10&source=13

Those are the logs from our most recent heroic clear. Any tips/help/analysis are extremely appreciated! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Orandyn View Post
    Hey everyone! My buddy is playing Guardian this xpac but he has a couple persistent struggles:

He does not generate as much threat as other tanks, and his mitigation is next to nothing.

I know druid tanks don't have a large toolkit in the way of mitigation, but I feel it has to be better than what's being used here:

Those are the logs from our most recent heroic clear. Any tips/help/analysis are extremely appreciated! Thanks!
    Hey, I took a look at his Ursoc kill.

He has terrible trash uptime (should be 99%+, not 78%).
    He mangles on average every 14 sec, when it has a CD of 5-6 sec and a chance to reset on every attack. Looks like he spams Moonfire way too much, it should only be used when he gains GG which makes it hit harder and generate rage.

These things not only leads to bad DPS, but it also makes his rage generation horrible. The small amount of rage he gains he spends on the magic reduction active mitigation (there's no magic damage in that fight!), instead of the armor increase active mitigation Ironfur. Ironfur should be up 99% of the time, his is at 17%.

On the plus side he at least uses his defensive CDs a lot. Tell him to always use Mangle and Thrash on CD and to spend all his rage on Ironfur and he should notice a big improvement.

Deleted
    Hey just started playing my druid today and never tanked before as druid.

Is it just Mangle on CD, Trash on CD, swipe on CD while pooling rage for either Ironfur and Mark of Ursol which depends on physical or magic damage.

Deleted
    @Grandta: I would recommend you read the first post in this thread. It is really helpful. Other than that, you also want to keep moonfire and use your GG procs to generate rage and do more damage. Swipe is your filler, it has no CD and doesn't do very much other than damage, so you want to use it on any GCD were you can't use Mangle, Thrash or a GG proc.

If this is not a troll log then he needs to learn the very basics of Guardian.

Tell him to put Mangle and Thrash CD along with Galactic Guardian buff on big buttons near middle of his screen with WeakAuras, TellMeWhen, or just an own action bar. The first 2 abilities should always be on CD. When they are on CD, he should press Moonfire if he has a Galactic Guardian proc up, otherwise press Swipe. If he needs to prioritize rage over damage he can switch Galactic Guardian proc to number one priority. This is the very basic priority order.

If he does that, he should be able to just spam Ironfur and always have at least one stack up. He should not use Mark of Ursol (99.8% of the damage he took during that fight is physical).
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    When you play a video game, you don't put any "effort" into it at all. You're pushing keys on a keyboard, you're not running a marathon or playing a sport.

Can someone clarify a bit about catweathing? I'm not sure if it's a dps gain, if i use rake-shred-shred becase i waste a couple of seconds of my mangle cd. Plus GG is proking so often, that i have to use it after trash and mangle, thus I'm often left with 2-3 seconds until my mangle is of cd

Catweaving damage comes mostly from Rip, you only use Shred to build up the combo points.
    However I'd also like to know how much of a dps increase is catweaving since the GG change (now that a GG proc is mangle-tier damage) and with a full artifact path, I feel like I lose too much time shapeshifting back and forth.

Hello all, I've got a few questions about optimizing gear sets, any insight is appreciated, thanks!

Has there been any update on how reliable Mr. Robot is for calculating gear sets and/or trinkets specifically? I can get to about an 870 ilvl but it usually tells me to use a gear set closer to 860, but from reading recent posts it seems I should potentially use my highest ilvl items. How much of an ilvl gain should I priotize ilvl>vers/mast gear?
    Last edited by moobear; 2016-11-14 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by moobear View Post
    Hello all, I've got a few questions about optimizing gear sets, any insight is appreciated, thanks!

Has there been any update on how reliable Mr. Robot is for calculating gear sets and/or trinkets specifically? I can get to about an 870 ilvl but it usually tells me to use a gear set closer to 860, but from reading recent posts it seems I should potentially use my highest ilvl items. How much of an ilvl gain should I priotize ilvl>vers/mast gear?

10 item level > the item you want is generally an upgrade due to the armor, doesn't apply to jewelry

Deleted
    Is it worth it to take Pulverize with the changes of the new PTR build?

Also looking at Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus Legendary change becoming this:

Every 30 sec, gain an absorb shield for 30% of your maximum health for 30 sec.

Since I have the neck, is it worth using it now?

Crit/mastery, ilevel 910, upgradeable, 30% free shield every 30 secs. I'm in the "heck yes!"-department.

This has to be trolling thrash should be 99% mangle on cd less moonfire spam ursoc is physical only use ironfur. Also druid have tons of stuff to deal with incomming damage

Quote Originally Posted by Mandibleclaw View Post
    Also looking at Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus Legendary change becoming this:

Every 30 sec, gain an absorb shield for 30% of your maximum health for 30 sec.

Since I have the neck, is it worth using it now?
    Quick napkin math shows that with what I estimate my HP pool to be in 7.1.5 the shield will pop for ~1.5 million every 30 seconds, averaging to 50k HPS. Seems to be quite strong now that it isn't tied to not taking damage for 5 seconds. Though I will say, I have it as well and I've found it to be quite solid even before the change on Guardian, at least for Mythic+ dungeons. Many times in fights there are plenty of opportunities to get it back up, and often those coincide with a boss stopping to cast a big hit, or trash being stunned for a while after which you go from taking no damage to a lot, helping your healer with time to react. It was never the best, but it is currently useable on Guardian, and after 7.1.5 looks to be quite strong.

Here's what his casts should look like, same fight, same fight duration, the catform casts are optional i guess:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...t=11&source=13

Mine was a 96th percentile parse. I only glanced quickly but he's severely underusing mangle and thrash which are a huge portion of his damage.

having trouble deciding between two items. Ive been using AMR for everything but im skeptical about this comparison. Its saying the Brysgamen is +4766 above Chaos Forged, which is some crazy amount of rating

Brysgamen, mythic 5 ilvl 850, 525 vers 1311 mastery, 314 leech (+1.34%)
    Chaos Forged Necklace, M9 TF, ilvl 875, 921 vers, 1094 mastery

why is leech rated so high under AMR. I do I guess ~180k dps in bear so that means 1.37% of that is 2.45k leech per second. That seems like nothing when I have 4.8M hp

Quote Originally Posted by ForTehNguyen View Post
    having trouble deciding between two items. Ive been using AMR for everything but im skeptical about this comparison. Its saying the Brysgamen is +4766 above Chaos Forged, which is some crazy amount of rating

Brysgamen, mythic 5 ilvl 850, 525 vers 1311 mastery, 314 leech (+1.34%)
    Chaos Forged Necklace, M9 TF, ilvl 875, 921 vers, 1094 mastery

why is leech rated so high under AMR. I do I guess ~180k dps in bear so that means 1.37% of that is 2.45k leech per second. That seems like nothing when I have 4.8M hp
    AMR is shit, stick with the Chaos Forged Necklace, it's way better.