Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by analmoose View Post
    'Berta seems to be getting cheaper by the day too. Still somewhat pricey but not nearly as bad as it was, or as hard to find a place as it had been in the last few years
    Ehhh, some parts. Most of the housing price drops here are the more luxury, like 4000 sq ft+, multi million dollar homes lol. Your standard 3 bedroom shitbox is still doing well value wise, mine is anyway.

Vacancies are certainly up though.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but if something like that map happened you'd have around 3-4x more American Canadians than Canadians.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    California, Oregon, Washington and Nevada all voted overwhelmingly to elect Ms Clinton as president

The people in these states can now join up with their buddy Tennisace (on the forum MMO), and become part of a bigger Canada.

This is one of the ideas being put on Social Media. Which I honestly think is a bit silly.
    But then again, the left usually have silly ideas.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/on...8fc8b99850eeac

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7418341.html

If that map and number of states mentioned belong together only lefties that are uneducated would say yes to joining up with people who think the number 4 equals the 12 or 13 states they annexed in the map while excluding a bunch of other very blue states.
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    I don't deny any of the facts there but there's so much more than just GDP.
    Crime rate for example. Access to affordable heathcare. Quality of life. Air quality. Etc etc
    Crime vary. Oakland is bad. In my neighborhood, we leave our backdoors open at night to let the breeze in. Our officers are fat and lazy. They don’t even bother with speeding tickets.

CA healthcare is not bad. The state actually managed to make ACA work.

Quality of life vary. However, once you stood on a rooftop in Pacific Height, with a bowl of ice cream in your hands, watching the fog bank move in over the San Francisco Bay, everything is alright.

Air quality is mostly good. Except for the agricultural areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I like how when Texas wanted to do this, they were all idiots... but here we are.
    It's the same with Brexit. A lot of the people who were against it are completely fine with it happening under circumstances that fit their political agenda.

I think I can speak for all Oregonians when I say that Oregon will secede from the Union over our dead bodies. I mean, the governor and legislature aren't even considering it. Salem is located within a heavily Republican area of Oregon. It's mostly just Portland that's heavily Democrat leaning.

I don't want to be Canadian. Besides... I live in WA state... on whidbey island... which has the premier site for the Navy's p3 commands. They won't just up and move it without a fight.

If this was going to actually happen I would celebrate by watching more hockey than I already do and drinking nothing but Canadian beer(for a whole night!).

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Well hey, atleast we stopped WW3 from happening, as well as triggering every SJW ever. So, major win for america there.
    You haven't stopped WW3 from happening, you just laid the ground work for it to happen. Russia is on the edge of collapse, a few more years of the current strategy and Russia won't be a threat to anyone. Instead by getting all buddy buddy with Russia now that Trumps in you will open the gate for Russian territorial goals in the Balkans and they will be free to annex former USSR territories making Russia stronger. Then it will be up to your next President in 4-8 years to have to go to war with Russia rather than never having to fight a war at all.

But hey small price to pay for triggering those SJW's. Hopefully your Chiefs will be able to point out why closer relations with a weakening Russia are a monumentally bad idea, get that done and Trump can do whatever he wants for all the rest of us care. He's already demonstrated that he's not really changing anything aside from rolling back your attitudes to 1950's.

Build a wall! How about a fence?
    End Obamacare! Yeah not really.
    Drain the swamp! Or fill it with right wingers instead.

Crooked Hilary was it? xD to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    You haven't stopped WW3 from happening, you just laid the ground work for it to happen. Russia is on the edge of collapse, a few more years of the current strategy and Russia won't be a threat to anyone. Instead by getting all buddy buddy with Russia now that Trumps in you will open the gate for Russian territorial goals in the Balkans and they will be free to annex former USSR territories making Russia stronger. Then it will be up to your next President in 4-8 years to have to go to war with Russia rather than never having to fight a war at all.

But hey small price to pay for triggering those SJW's. Hopefully your Chiefs will be able to point out why closer relations with a weakening Russia are a monumentally bad idea, get that done and Trump can do whatever he wants for all the rest of us care. He's already demonstrated that he's not really changing anything aside from rolling back your attitudes to 1950's.

Build a wall! How about a fence?
    End Obamacare! Yeah not really.
    Drain the swamp! Or fill it with right wingers instead.

Crooked Hilary was it? xD to that.
    Didn't hillary have a campaign dude that was a former KK member? Didn't she help a pedofile win a trial? Didn't she call black people sexual predators? Didn't she pass out during a 9/11 event, only to be fine 2 hours later? Didn't she delete around 33 thousand/million emails without permission? Didn't it seem like she rigged herself through the bernie sanders debate BS? Didn't she hate gay marriage just a few years ago? Didn't her husband rape a few gals, that are now internet famous? Didn't she want a no fly zone in syria? Wasn't she FOR the nuclear BS, and all that shit? Wasn't she also a pro-feminist/SJW? And lastly, didn't putin say that he'd start conflicts with the US again, if hillary became president?

Actually, YES! She did all of that Bullshit. Don't come crawling to me with mis-information, thinking that i'll be moved, even though I'm not. Also, don't talk trash about trump, even though hillary is no fucking better, if not..worse.

-__-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

I found this interesting
    Don't think this is accurate, for one thing Macau isnt even a country. Most probably made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    How do you expect the US to survive it they lose all the west coast and the north east coast. Thats like what half their population, the us would collapse and become a 3rd world country, their federal expense are way too big for such a loss.
    California can't survive without Colorado's water, not to mention the utility companies based out of Texas. And businesses in California are often incorporated in Delaware because of the lower tax rate.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Didn't hillary have a campaign dude that was a former KK member? Didn't she help a pedofile win a trial? Didn't she call black people sexual predators? Didn't she pass out during a 9/11 event, only to be fine 2 hours later? Didn't she delete around 33 thousand/million emails without permission? Didn't it seem like she rigged herself through the bernie sanders debate BS? Didn't she hate gay marriage just a few years ago? Didn't her husband rape a few gals, that are now internet famous? Didn't she want a no fly zone in syria? Wasn't she FOR the nuclear BS, and all that shit? Wasn't she also a pro-feminist/SJW? And lastly, didn't putin say that he'd start conflicts with the US again, if hillary became president?

Actually, YES! She did all of that Bullshit. Don't come crawling to me with mis-information, thinking that i'll be moved, even though I'm not. Also, don't talk trash about trump, even though hillary is no fucking better, if not..worse.

-__-
    Triggered much lol? I haven't said any misinformation or attacked the character of either candidate but I'm glad you got all that off your chest. Feel better? All I was pointing out is that Trump is business as usual aside for some dodgy foreign policy ideas but excellent job tilting at those windmills.

Quote Originally Posted by Irlking View Post
    Don't think this is accurate, for one thing Macau isnt even a country. Most probably made up.
    Technically you are correct. Although Macau is semi independent.

“Under the policy of "one country, two systems", the State Council of the People's Republic of China is responsible for military defense and foreign affairs while Macau maintains its own legal system, public security force, monetary system, customs policy, and immigration policy. Macau participates in international organizations and events that do not require members to possess national sovereignty.”

The map is a bit outdated. Macau GDP dropped considerably 2015 - 2016. So Montana likely has a higher GDP than Macau now. Also, CA GDP is now higher than UK.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Plutarch78 View Post
    California can't survive without Colorado's water, not to mention the utility companies based out of Texas. And businesses in California are often incorporated in Delaware because of the lower tax rate.
    Why would a company incorporate in Delaware if they don’t want to pay corporate tax? If they want to do that, they should incorporate in Wyoming, Texas, Nevada, Washington or Ohio. Delaware corporate tax is about the same as CA.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Why would a company incorporate in Delaware if they don’t want to pay corporate tax? If they want to do that, they should incorporate in Wyoming, Texas, Nevada, Washington or Ohio. Delaware corporate tax is about the same as CA.
    Was gonna write it out, but phone typing licks my balls.

http://m.bizfilings.com/?task=get&ur...aspx&width=360

Has all the advantages. Nevada's a solid choice too.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2016-11-16 at 01:46 AM.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Technically you are correct. Although Macau is semi independent.

“Under the policy of "one country, two systems", the State Council of the People's Republic of China is responsible for military defense and foreign affairs while Macau maintains its own legal system, public security force, monetary system, customs policy, and immigration policy. Macau participates in international organizations and events that do not require members to possess national sovereignty.”

The map is a bit outdated. Macau GDP dropped considerably 2015 - 2016. So Montana likely has a higher GDP than Macau now. Also, CA GDP is now higher than UK.

- - - Updated - - -

Delaware has many legal advantages for corporations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    Would Canadians oppose this? Cali already has similar wages to those in Canada and while in short term there wages would drop due to increased competition, long term they would benefit a lot.
    TBF, we've done some stuff like this in relatively recent history. Between carving out a new Territory (Nunavut), and bringing Newfoundland into Canada in '49, tagging on new political entities isn't all that new, and we've always done it through those groups voluntarily joining the Confederation.

It would absolutely have to involve those States leaving the USA first, and THEN joining Canada, though. Settle that shit before you bring those troubles to our door.

10+ Year Old Account
    Australia should grab Hawaii and drag them to their waters. I imagine shortly before they start doing that, Hawaiian population will suddenly increase by a couple of magnitudes.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    TBF, we've done some stuff like this in relatively recent history. Between carving out a new Territory (Nunavut), and bringing Newfoundland into Canada in '49, tagging on new political entities isn't all that new, and we've always done it through those groups voluntarily joining the Confederation.

It would absolutely have to involve those States leaving the USA first, and THEN joining Canada, though. Settle that shit before you bring those troubles to our door.
    Please take MinneSNOWta.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Wow! My bad. While I hate hockey, it is true that hockey is the official sport of MN. They love that shit.
    I live near the NHL hockey stadium. Fuck my life if I want to go out on a game night.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.