Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Why does there have to be a dummy with a tag line that makes light of domestic violence?

And why, instead of wanting Blizzard to treat the issue with more respect than an ill thought out holiday item, are you asking for two of them for some form of equality?

Two wrongs don't make a right.
    the tag line isnt making light of it, its saying not to... thats like saying those "MADD" adds were making light of drinking and driving cause they mention "dont drink cause its illegal"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    I want an Ex-GF dummy. Not for forced equality or to appease the whiners but because of it's own comedic potential.

Ex-Girlfriend Dummy
    Item Level 1
    Binds when picked up
    Toy
    Use: Summon an Ex-Girlfriend Dummy at target location for 5 min. The dummy acts as a target for risque pictures to take with your selfie cam that you can later share with your friends or directly send to your linked Twitter account. (30 Min Cooldown)
    Nah man women are never the bad ones in a relationship according to Blizzard. It's all the man.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by flexks View Post
    Below ok cool. Below = above now gotcha.
    he was above your post, then he made another post that i was pointing you to....

It's not making light of domestic violence.
    Then lets remove this one and replace it with an Ex-Girlfriend dummy you can stab. After all, it's not making light of domestic violence, so that would be totally fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cry about in on the forums like the Ess Jay Dubyas that trigger y'all so much. That'll show em!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    That's because they are either trolling or need to grow a pair. Leave the feminazi shit to the psycho people. It's a joke, deal with it.

This entire thread reminds me of a baby who had its sucky toy taken away.
    look 3 posts above yours.... im sad...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmar View Post
    Then lets remove this one and replace it with an Ex-Girlfriend dummy you can stab. After all, it's not making light of domestic violence, so that would be totally fine.
    yeah i think it would be fine, but speaking that people are gettng offended over male one, imagine the female one, how much hate that would get

this game has stories of rape, domestic abuse, cold blooded murder, and rape then cold blooded murder of the children of rape!

and yall are complaining about a flavour text saying "stab this dummy, cause its illegal to stab the real thing

(garona, blackmoore and how he beat his wife, tried to force her onto arthas, then murdered her, alextraza being forced to mate, then her children corrupted infront of her, or her eggs smashed on her face)

They should have given it a gender neutral name, same with the tool tip "Stabbing you EX"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Well either make both if they are intending to go down that road or remove that one. Simple. Disgusting it even exists but if they intend on adding one then add both.
    100% agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Static Transit View Post
    It's not making light of domestic violence. Haven't you ever taken your anger out on a pillow or something while thinking of someone who aggravates you? It's kinda like that.
    What you choose to do as a personal coping mechanism in your own home is entirely up to you.

No one went "Hey, you can't stab your ex so just pretend to beat them up with this pillow" it's a yellow text comment, which tends to come in two flavours. Either it's background lore or it's a light hearted joke, making a joke about being unable to stab your ex? That's making light of domestic violence.

Because not everyone takes it out on a pillow, not everyone gets mad at an inanimate object and doesn't assault their partner.

It's not so much a matter of offence, it just doesn't really have a place in this game, and it's a subject that doesn't really need a "fun" item.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    look 3 posts above yours.... im sad...

- - - Updated - - -

yeah i think it would be fine, but speaking that people are gettng offended over male one, imagine the female one, how much hate that would get
    The issue is the double standard and hypocrisy of SJWs you enjoy so much. You're so focused on the fact people find this in poor taste, trying to maintain a high horse ("lol so triggered! just like teh ESS JAY DUBAYOOS!") that you don't see what's wrong with your perspective.

7+ Year Old Account
    What you choose to do as a personal coping mechanism in your own home is entirely up to you.

No one went "Hey, you can't stab your ex so just pretend to beat them up with this pillow" it's a yellow text comment, which tends to come in two flavours. Either it's background lore or it's a light hearted joke, making a joke about being unable to stab your ex? That's making light of domestic violence.

Because not everyone takes it out on a pillow, not everyone gets mad at an inanimate object and doesn't assault their partner.

It's not so much a matter of offence, it just doesn't really have a place in this game, and it's a subject that doesn't really need a "fun" item.
    as i said
    "this game has stories of rape, domestic abuse, cold blooded murder, and rape then cold blooded murder of the children of rape!

and yall are complaining about a flavour text saying "stab this dummy, cause its illegal to stab the real thing

(garona, blackmoore and how he beat his wife, tried to force her onto arthas, then murdered her, alextraza being forced to mate, then her children corrupted infront of her, or her eggs smashed on her face)"

so if a joke text about not being able to stab your ex boyfreind offends you, you should stop playing games.... atleast any game not made by nintendo, welcome to the world of dark humor, and reality

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    In poor taste. As I have said men suffer in silence mostly in abusive relationships. It's a sick joke from Blizzard. Already hit cancel sub over it.
    Bruh I've seen you here forever. You can't troll me dawg.

Woah guys stop! I had a jar to contain all of your tears but it's overflowing. I need to run to the store and get a bigger one, try to contain your tears until then please.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The issue is the double standard and hypocrisy of SJWs you enjoy so much. You're so focused on the fact people find this in poor taste, trying to maintain a high horse ("lol so triggered! just like teh ESS JAY DUBAYOOS!") that you don't see what's wrong with your perspective.
    Well said. I love how simple expressions of distaste are being equivalated to the screaming fits of a small few 'activists'

I will say some people are overreacting, but the people trying to belittle others' statements of: "I don't like the joke, whatever, I'll get on" are quite annoying.
    Last edited by Putin-Chan; 2016-11-16 at 03:50 AM.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

7+ Year Old Account
    i dont think its offencive at all, its a fucking joke, a slightly dark joke, but like this kinda joke is what you will hear at any fucking comedy club for adults, and freinds commonly make

hell fucking gravity falls, a kids show about fucking twins in a mystery place, on fucking disney channel made jokes like this "my wife still misses me but her aim is getting better" making a joke that his wife is trying to shoot and murder him.. and that passed, aswell as others

and if this M for mature game on the internet cant let this joke through... wow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    so if a joke text about not being able to stab your ex boyfreind offends you, you should stop playing games.... atleast any game not made by nintendo, welcome to the world of dark humor, and reality
    Bolded for emphasis, it's a shit edgelord joke that doesn't really add any value to the game. Bit like the Jaina portrait that got changed.

Also your lore recollection is somewhat inaccurate, but that's besides the point, none of those events happened in WoW.

Why is everyone in here acting like this is the first time we've heard of domestic abuse in game? Blackmore beat the shit out of his wife and eventually cut her head off. Nothing wrong there? Garona was produced as an experiment, nothing wrong there? This shit can go on forever.

Why didn't anyone complain about it then? How come you're all complaining about this toy but not about Blackmore raping his wife? Oh that's right, because complaining and whining is the new thing. You people are crazy.

Deleted
    Personally I'm curious how this item will change from PTR to live, as far as it's name and lore text and so on go, and whether Blizzard will comment on it at all, or whether they'll just stealth change it and act like they didn't just try to implement something pretty damn tasteless and dumb.

I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I just wish there was a ex-girlfriend version as well. Watching a female target dummy getting beat up would be hilarious.

But honestly I think they didn't make a female target dummy because it would probably break after one swing. You know, just like their real life counter-part. That's why it's illegal to hit women. Thank goodness! Teehee.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Outland View Post
    FelPlague about to make 100 posts in this thread at the rate he/she is going. I don't think I'm the triggered one here.
    either triggered because they have an unhealthy desire to beat up on their ex bf's, or not triggered and have some post quota for the day to meet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah nah, y'all threw your right to find this "distasteful" away when you threw a god damn tantrum over other concerns from players because ESS JAY DUBYA ESS JAY DUBYOOOOO. In your disillusioned heads every time a player finds something offensive you think it's god damn Hugh Mungus WOT?? level of outrage when it's 999/1000 times a god damn forum post just expressing a concern and you MRA/Gamergate types REEEEEE until Blizzard submits to you.

Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I actually thought it was funny. Must be exhausting to be butthurt all the time.