Page 6 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    What about right now? How come you're upset over a toy but not an actual character who is in game and has been for a while raping his "mistress" (that doesn't make it any better, just saying). Why aren't you complaining about Garona being a female experiment bred only to be used as a weapon? Why is the toy more important than lore? Again, actively seeking something to be upset about.

I also understand the double standard. Believe me, I'm usually disgusted by feminist BS and everything involving it since it's always "equality for women but not for men!" But this is just a dumb toy man. I mean come on. I'm more upset that my toast fell on the floor this morning.
    There's a significant difference between storytelling context and a completely a completely contextless element pushing a negative message. If a movie for example had a man being abused by his wife (or the other way around) that would be fine. If, without context or reason, dialogue at the bottom of the screen flashed the message, "There is nothing wrong with murdering men/women" that would not be fine. It's the difference between a storytelling element and subliminal messaging.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Yeah, shame, I guess. But now you're equating laughing at people beating up and stabbing their ex-boyfriends to Tracer standing with her butt out.
    Nobody is equating. "You're offended because you want to be offended", "they're just words", "It's just video games". You forfeit your right to be offended or find things "distasteful" the second you dismiss someone else's concerns and throw a god damn witch hunt on them because muh boobs, muh vidyagames

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Because Blackmoore is long dead before the start of the game, we offed Deathwing and Gul'dan hit the deck back in War 2.

What are you expecting, people to go back and demand a retcon of almost all lore as some kind of false equivalence to simply making sure pointless things aren't added in future?

I'd suggest that if anyone is actively seeking, it's you coming into this thread where people are voicing their concern over something and being argumentative, with really flawed logic to your reasoning.

Domestic violence simply isn't amusing to some people, it's not something to make a "dumb toy" out of with a cute yellow text line trying to be funny.
    so domestic abuse isnt allowed to be joked about?
    man tell that to tv, comedians, video games, and every bit of humor ever
    cause everything is joked about, thats what comedy is, something is not funny, unless it is at someone elses displeasure, that is the mean of comedy, and has been forever
    its funny to see someone faceplant
    its funny to see someone get smacked when they were a bitch
    oh but man thats offensive to them, we better not laugh...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Because Blackmoore is long dead before the start of the game, we offed Deathwing and Gul'dan hit the deck back in War 2.

What are you expecting, people to go back and demand a retcon of almost all lore as some kind of false equivalence to simply making sure pointless things aren't added in future?

I'd suggest that if anyone is actively seeking, it's you coming into this thread where people are voicing their concern over something and being argumentative, with really flawed logic to your reasoning.

Domestic violence simply isn't amusing to some people, it's not something to make a "dumb toy" out of with a cute yellow text line trying to be funny.
    Explain to me how this toy is supporting domestic violence?

It's literally the equivalent to you getting mad and punching your pillow.

You're voicing your concern over a toy. A toy. Is there nothing better to voice your concern over? A freaking toy mate. I don't understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Yeah nah Blizzard isn't "essentially" saying that. You interpret it as that. This discussion is a waste of time. But please keep on going with the faux concern for "distaste". I'll catch you in the next concern about distaste made by anyone that's not a dude and we'll see how quickly that tune changes. Hypocrites, the whole lot of ya
    If it's just interpretation, then you're not allowed to bitch about made up sexism every time Blizzard poses or dresses a female character in a way you disapprove. Because you're just interpreting it as a problem. The difference is those things are perfectly fine, because they don't send messages to viewers since they're just simple design elements. Something that promotes the message, "Murdering your partner is fine" is not.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah nah, y'all threw your right to find this "distasteful" away when you threw a god damn tantrum over other concerns from players because ESS JAY DUBYA ESS JAY DUBYOOOOO. In your disillusioned heads every time a player finds something offensive you think it's god damn Hugh Mungus WOT?? level of outrage when it's 999/1000 times a god damn forum post just expressing a concern and you MRA/Gamergate types REEEEEE until Blizzard submits to you.
    You seem like the most outraged person here.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

10+ Year Old Account
    You're trying to put WoW in a category it's not by comparing it to adult cartoons and comedy shows.

It's neither.

The item really doesn't have a place here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmar View Post
    There's a significant difference between storytelling context and a completely a completely contextless element pushing a negative message. If a movie for example had a man being abused by his wife (or the other way around) that would be fine. If, without context or reason, dialogue at the bottom of the screen flashed the message, "There is nothing wrong with murdering men/women" that would not be fine. It's the difference between a storytelling element and subliminal messaging.
    Good thing the toy says the exact opposite. It states hitting your ex in real life is illegal so hit the dummy instead. That's the equivalent to you getting mad and hitting your pillow. How is that even remotely in support of domestic violence?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MurlocDemonHunter View Post
    I am I fucking despise MRA/Gamergate mongs who are nothing but hypocrites.

You're trying to put WoW in a category it's not by comparing it to adult cartoons and comedy shows.

It's neither.

Why not? How is having a toy that tells you to punch a dummy instead of your ex bad? Do you not punch pillows when you get mad? Because that's what it's saying to do. It's not in support of domestic violence. If you can tell me with actual thought out reasoning how this toy supports domestic violence, I'll shut up and call myself a greasy nerd. I'll also eat my words.

7+ Year Old Account
    If it's just interpretation, then you're not allowed to bitch about made up sexism every time Blizzard poses or dresses a female character in a way you disapprove. Because you're just interpreting it as a problem. The difference is those things are perfectly fine, because they don't send messages to viewers since they're just simple design elements. Something that promotes the message, "Murdering your partner is fine" is not.
    notice how the messege says the exact fucking opposite to what you just said there"

"murdering your partner is fine"
    what does the messege say?
    ""Because stabbing the real thing is illegal.""
    so what does that mean?
    "dont stab your partner because its bad"

nice job grabbing something, and turning it 180

your like those people who found ken bones Reddit posts, and turned
    "that man who raped you is disgusting, and dont let that man make you feel any worse for yourself"
    into
    "you are disgusting, im glad he raped you"

Quote Originally Posted by MurlocDemonHunter View Post
    Indeed. All these SJWs getting triggered when people point out actual negative messages. They're too obsessed with digital asses to see real issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your interpretation of this toy is just that an interpretation. To me this is just a stupid ass joke and I didn't even laugh at, simply because I don't find it funny. Holy fuck no outrage, no concern, I move on. But boy u betcha I'm gonna call you hypocrites out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Explain to me how this toy is supporting domestic violence?
    This is the second strawman you've managed in less than six pages, either engage on what I've said or don't bother engaging at all.

Imagine if they made a toy "helpless lifelike doll" with the yellow text "Because the real thing would be rape" Would you consider that acceptable in WoW?

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed. All these SJWs getting triggered when people point out actual negative messages. They're too obsessed with digital asses to see real issues.
    You and your ilk were the ones "outraged" over something that one person who didn't even demand it be changed found distasteful.

You and your ilk were the ones "outraged" over something that one person who didn't even demand it be changed found distasteful.
    Dugraka throws a Red Herring. It's not very effective.

7+ Year Old Account

It's neither.

notice how world of warcraft is a game rated for teenagers and adults? mhm... so we are right to compare it to comedy shows and adult cartoons
    family guy has tons of jokes about domestic abuse among MANY MANY other things
    and its a show for teenagers and older... like wow

This is the second strawman you've managed in less than six pages, either engage on what I've said or don't bother engaging at all.

Imagine if they made a toy "helpless lifelike doll" with the yellow text "Because the real thing would be rape" Would you consider that acceptable in WoW?
    That's better. Looks like I'm eating my words. All I wanted was a decent explanation as to why you think this isn't acceptable and I just got it.

Whether they remove it or not, I don't really care. Not the type to get worked up over a toy, but at least I can support and understand your side as well.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-11-16 at 04:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dugraka throws a Red Herring. It's not very effective.
    Yeah nah, you would know if you and the other edgy mcgees knew the facts and weren't just raging because ESS JAY DUBYAAAAA

7+ Year Old Account

no because thats not funny

now if it said something like "gnome doll" and then the yellow text was "wont kick back" that would be slightly funny
    allthough you do have a point, if it was that, i would be up in arms too, but its a joke about beating up your EX boyfriend... who cares

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I don't really think we need to think too hard on this.
    yet there is allready threads on the forums complaining saying they will quit if blizz doesent remove this...