Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Monkey View Post
    But they are willing to fuck them up and spin them around in Cata, MoP, and Draenor... doesn't make much sense.
    Eh, those are more of a rehash than a retirement.
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

Tinker class or no I'd rather not have goblins involved in retaking Gnomeregan.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    Thats your problem. It shouldn't be Tinker. It's too confined and honestly a shite name for a class. Even a spec would be crap. To do the tech class right you need to pull in mechanical, science, crystal artificer, and techno-mage. Those four races make the most sense to do it. Pull from all walks of established science. Maybe even toss in UD/Humans for the apothecary aspect too.
    Pretty sure if gnomes can build spider tanks and airships, rifles and mana injectors. Gnomes and goblins could pull it off just fine with the help of people like Mekkatorque. No need to include space goats.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Tinker class or no I'd rather not have goblins involved in retaking Gnomeregan.
    Again, just a suggestion. Blizz could play it out however they like.

Given Alliance/Horde tensions, and the proximity to Ironforge, I don't see Goblins being involved. Not from the player character side of things anyway. There could be a group of NPC ones though, working to bring Gnomer down while pretending to help or something
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure if gnomes can build spider tanks and airships, rifles and mana injectors. Gnomes and goblins could pull it off just fine with the help of people like Mekkatorque. No need to include space goats.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, just a suggestion. Blizz could play it out however they like.
    I mean it's high fantasy so you're welcome to be racist against them all day. I hate nelfs but that didn't stop Blizz form making a Nelf Paladin canon. Dranei make sense for any tech class by simple virtue of how much further advanced they are than Azerothian society. Like it or not. They have bloody spaceships man. And lets not forget you're calling them "SPACE" goats.

So, this class theory still isn't dead yet?

I remember arguing with a guy until he was blue in the face about how he believed we'd get tinkers before Demon Hunters.

I think we can all see how that panned out.

I think Saurfang should be put in the same bitch grave as Garrosh in Nagrand, and Thrall should be the one to do it
    Ha, would never happen, Thrall and Varok are besties... and they are the only two orcs left on the planet.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Blizz: You thought building an expansion around Pandas turned people away, you haven't seen anything yet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    And lets not forget you're calling them "SPACE" goats.
    Well, the come from space, have curly horns and hooves, and some have small strange goatees... not a big leap.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyrock View Post
    Blizz: You thought building an expansion around Pandas turned people away, you haven't seen anything yet.
    Let's see, an entire expac built around one character from WC3 that involves playing a panda bear... or a race made by the titans, cursed by flesh, and most valuable in winning the last 2 wars thanks to their tech. Yeah... I can totally see the similarities

Deleted
    Let's see, an entire expac built around one character from WC3 that involves playing a panda bear... or a race made by the titans, cursed by flesh, and most valuable in winning the last 2 wars thanks to their tech. Yeah... I can totally see the similarities
    You can look at it however you want, but the truth is that an expansion about gnomes, despite the fact that you like them a lot, would be the final nail in the coffin for wow. @Shammyrock is right.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    You can look at it however you want, but the truth is that an expansion about gnomes, despite the fact that you like them a lot, would be the final nail in the coffin for wow. @Shammyrock is right.
    You know how many times something has been the "nail in WoW's coffin"? Hyperbole much?

Deleted
    You know how many times something has been the "nail in WoW's coffin"? Hyperbole much?
    Usually it is, but if what you propose were to happen i am afraid it would be the real thing.
    Open a poll and ask people if they would play a gnome centered expansion, and see the answers, if you have any doubt about the outcome of such an expansion.

@Flying Monkey

But why? Why would we bother taking it back when there are way bigger more exciting story lines? You can easily hash in Tinkerers to any expansion. Give me a theme, I'll work them in.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    @Flying Monkey

But why? Why would we bother taking it back when there are way bigger more exciting story lines? You can easily hash in Tinkerers to any expansion. Give me a theme, I'll work them in.
    Are you trying to mock him? XD

Nail in the coffin is an exaggeration but reality is gnomes and goblins just aren't likely to draw much excitement for a new expansion. People just don't find them that interesting in the main.

An Ulduar style patch with a questing zone makes more sense, but you wouldn't tie a class to a patch

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyrock View Post
    Nail in the coffin is an exaggeration but reality is gnomes and goblins just aren't likely to draw much excitement for a new expansion. People just don't find them that interesting in the main.

An Ulduar style patch with a questing zone makes more sense, but you wouldn't tie a class to a patch
    And the only way you could is if we discovered another Ulduar style facility which lead to something massive such as how to fight the Void Lords, or Twisting Nether transportation technology or an insight to the Pantheon andhuge fount of power and knowledge.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Any expansion we would theoretically get tinkers in would be a good place to introduce a Gnomer revamp. However, taking the upper levels would necessarily be an Alliance-only endeavor, and rather than just compress the dungeon down into its existing space I'd rather, say, the Thermaplugg fight were updated to end with a bunch of bomb bots blowing up a wall, revealing a path even deeper into the mountain. The current end boss of the dungeon is a robotic double anyway. Hell, they could stuff a whole raid down there, like BRD and Molten Core.

But for Horde, I'd like to see a Return to Kezan event, rather than retake Gnomeregan's upper floors. Ultimately resulting in both sides gaining access to Undermine, with a Bilgewater Cartel quarter only Horde can access. And, possibly, a dungeon underneath that too.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    @Flying Monkey

The theme isn't important. I'd just like them worked in and Gnomer taken back. My OP was obviously worded poorly as an entire expac would not surround Gnomer, but my thought process was:

- Add tinkers via Gnomes and goblins
    - X.05 : Plans are made with Mekkatorque on how to recover Gnomer
    - X.1 : The initial assault begins (more like a scenario and less like a raid)
    - X.2 : The 2nd phase of the assault (again, scenario not raid... like Theramore)
    - X.3 : Final phase Gnomer is recovered and for those who complete the scenarios, Gnomer is now a city, and not the existing radioactive hole.

Just like Theramore, if you never do the scenario, the area appears differently for the character. Then in the following expac, they could unlock the appearance for everyone. They just wouldn't get the achievement.

So because i do not like that "layer" you talk about, i have to leave a game i am enjoying like hell?
    Sure, best tip ever, lol.
    Also i would like the pandaren to be removed from the game, and the general tone more like dark souls (In terms of atmosphere), but that does not mean i am gonna leave the game because it is not exactly the way i would rather it being.
    Your train of thought seems derailed, especially considering your praise of Arcanum. A mix of tech and magic is where it's at and I predict if not the next expansion, then fairly soon, we will see a tech based expansion and a cookie cutter class, Tinker, to match it. And possibly a new system or two that lets us put points in tech and magic in other classes. It's inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerakal View Post
    So, this class theory still isn't dead yet?

I remember arguing with a guy until he was blue in the face about how he believed we'd get tinkers before Demon Hunters.

I think we can all see how that panned out.
    Because you actually knew there were gonna be DHs cause you had some inside info?
    That's like flipping a coin and saying "HA! See I knew it was gonna be tails!"