Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxz View Post
    I hope to fuck this doesn't result in mandatory Icefury for ST. I seem to be the only one that doesn't like using it.
    I hate Icefury outside of PvP. I is a poorly designed ability imo.

Deleted
    i love Icefury. but its a matter of Preference.

From testing myself abit I felt that Path of Flame, Echo and Icefury are gonna be big talents that are gonna compete very good
    PoF even competed on ST and the spread for FS will prob make this insane for dungeons/multi target heavy raid bosses
    Echo got 3 charges which with the LvB buff is gonna be a good ST talent which is what we need the most
    Icefury hits for an insane amount, I managed to crit over 800k with only the initial hit on it and it could also proc overload, the frost shocks are also big hits but felt same as they do on live

The main problem I felt tho is that if u choose Elemental Blast on top of this there is just to much buttons to press so your not gonna be able to use what you have efficently

Have someone else done some testing?
    My question is also, how good is aftershock?
    Last edited by Spoonman; 2016-11-16 at 12:45 AM.

Presumably Aftershock is still good for pure AOE situations since it allows you to get more Earthquakes out but I don't like the idea of forgoing Ancestral Swiftness just to have it.

I hope to fuck this doesn't result in mandatory Icefury for ST. I seem to be the only one that doesn't like using it.
    I refuse to use it. Too much stuff to look out for. I like ele to be simple.

7+ Year Old Account
    Now bliz can say "we will make big changes in 7.2" and do nothing with ele talents after these changes.

You aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    I refuse to use it. Too much stuff to look out for. I like ele to be simple.
    i have the legendary boots so icefury would just devalue them, same for aftershock both talents basically get removed as an option with the boots.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well i use to play with Elemental Blast as part of my rotation it was pretty much oh look it is off cooldown use it, i replaced that with Icefury just before i needed to move, would we have to use it on cooldown now aswell like ele blast, and my god my brain would melt if i had to run both ele blast and icefury, too many procs and too many cooldowns to watch.

Look at the new T60 talent row for 7.1.5 PTR!

Isn't that exactly the kind of design they want to avoid????

ERVERYONE is going to take EM.

Deleted
    I liked my rotation with elemental blast and not icefury. Guess it comes down to preferance. I'll try ele out again when the changed are live but probably staying enh as its too good and too fun.

Wouldn't mind playing EB and icefury. Just means less casting lightning bolt which sucks to cast anyway cause you feel like you're blowing bubbles at the boss anyway.

While I love the number tweaking and talent repositioning, I can't believe they're actually supporting clusterfck rotation again. Can't imagine how bloated buffs, procs, and cds to watch for with EB and IF. Though it actually make our rotation interesting but a little bit too dynamic. I also notice that Storm Ele is no longer replacing FET. Is it just because early data-mining error on tooltips?

The issue with Icefury is that it counteracts our "normal" playstyle. With Icefury you have Earth Shock and Frost Shock as MS spenders and that doesn't work out very well. In our artifact tree we've got the trait that increases ES damage by 5/10/15%. If you've got the Legendary that will make ES refund MS it's the same problem. Sure Frost Shock with Icefury deals a ton of damage but it doesn't compliment our playstyle, it counteracts some of our mechanics. That's why I disliked Icefury from the very first moment although I think that the ability is pretty good. It would be better if they would rework it a bit and make it like "increases the damage of your next two Frost Shocks by 400%, make them free and let them hit as they've been cast with maximum MS".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    The issue with Icefury is that it counteracts our "normal" playstyle. With Icefury you have Earth Shock and Frost Shock as MS spenders and that doesn't work out very well. In our artifact tree we've got the trait that increases ES damage by 5/10/15%. If you've got the Legendary that will make ES refund MS it's the same problem. Sure Frost Shock with Icefury deals a ton of damage but it doesn't compliment our playstyle, it counteracts some of our mechanics. That's why I disliked Icefury from the very first moment although I think that the ability is pretty good. It would be better if they would rework it a bit and make it like "increases the damage of your next two Frost Shocks by 400%, make them free and let them hit as they've been cast with maximum MS".
    But icefury has a long CD, 30 sec. So doesn't that mean dump the 4 FrS as fast as possible then get back to dumping with ES? More complex but somewhat of a talent, artifact and legendary synergy can be maintained.

Quote Originally Posted by Domoda View Post
    But icefury has a long CD, 30 sec. So doesn't that mean dump the 4 FrS as fast as possible then get back to dumping with ES? More complex but somewhat of a talent, artifact and legendary synergy can be maintained.
    As I said, it just doesn't compliment our playstyle. We lose all the traits / things affecting ES when we start using FS as a part of our rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezhka View Post
    . I also notice that Storm Ele is no longer replacing FET. Is it just because early data-mining error on tooltips?
    11h ago i was an the PTR.
    At this time Storm Elemental totem still replaced Fire Elemental totem,

Quote Originally Posted by Domoda View Post
    It would tweak the rotation a bit, but yea. I think the point is more to the Legendary boots that won't be as optimal as if you stick with normal rotation. And to make buffed FrS optimal, you'll want to have 20 MS on each cast and align it with Elemental Focus. So to min-maxing it would be hectic.

Regarding EB, how I wish it actually replace ES if you take the talent... Imagine it like ES damage with EB visual effect and buffs, ahh the class fantasy)

Im all in on the LvB spam build, Icefury never felt satisfying to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordog View Post
    11h ago i was an the PTR.
    At this time Storm Elemental totem still replaced Fire Elemental totem,
    Ahh k. Just a tooltip error then.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    If you've got the Legendary that will make ES refund MS it's the same problem.
    Honestly, these boots are starting to counter-act a lot of the other talents now. Aftershock is less valuable with them, unless you start shocking at much lower maelstrom amounts. Getting back-to-back procs during ascendance lessens the impact of what should be a major DPS cooldown. If you have the legendary LvB belt too, you're losing out on the effect by not using LvB enough. Enter Icefury and LvB procs, and you have to make a ton of snap decisions mid-combat. At least if you want to minimize maelstrom/insta-LvB waste.

Sometimes I've popped Ascendance, gotten to 100 maelstrom, then the boots procced 5 times in a row. When I was done shocking, Ascendance had already ended. Then the boots didn't proc again for the remainder of the fight. If I had picked Lightning Rod instead, everything else kept equal, I would get to the maelstrom peak maybe 2 casts later, but my DPS would've been way higher. But such is the way of RNG procs I guess.

I also feel that Ascendance hurts the uptime of Stormkeeper, and thus the lightning elemental. This makes it line up worse with elemental mastery, which normally is available for every second SK if you pop them at the same time. Not being able to pop everything during trinket procs, and the fact that fire elemental is such an important cooldown with it's 5 odd minutes, is my biggest gripes with ele shaman at the moment.
    Last edited by Unbelievr; 2016-11-16 at 10:54 AM.