Deleted

Which spec is toping dps meters overall?

Which class is toping the dps meters OVERALL and looks like it has a bright future in the upcoming raid.

Spriest for 1-2, MM hunter for 3. Before 7.1.5 of course.

Deleted
    What do you mean for 1-2 and 3?

15+ Year Old Account
    You are aware that rerolling a FOTM spec won't automatically put you at the top of the meters, right?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    Hard to predict the future, but you can go Mage safely. They're really good right now, and they will always be a top class.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by wowgas View Post
    What do you mean for 1-2 and 3?
    I mean bosses in ToV obviously.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winkle View Post
    Looking at logs I see it's perfectly clear why they totally gutted fire mages, great call there blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Ask View Post
    Hard to predict the future, but you can go Mage safely. They're really good right now, and they will always be a top class.
    Not sure if bait or not but... *popcorn*

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

Mage is really bad at the moment and only looks good on some fights like Xavius because of ignite spreading padding meters with useless DPS on adds that don't call for it. On single target mage is bottom of the barrel so you'd likely be looking at rerolling yourself on the bench.

Fire mage is great for mythic+ because it has great aoe and ridiculous single target burst so it's good for short boss fights and that leaves some people bitter about "OP mages" but really, mage is one of the worst classes to roll right now if what you're looking for is topping single target DPS charts for raid length fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Winkle View Post
    Useless percentile because top 5% of performing can't represent the whole community. Go to the link and select 75th percentile. That's still biased cuz low end doesn't even use combat logs, but still more accurate.
    Last edited by Reyzzz; 2016-11-16 at 10:37 AM.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by jaakkeli View Post
    Mage is really bad at the moment and only looks good on some fights like Xavius because of ignite spreading padding meters with useless DPS on adds that don't call for it. On single target mage is bottom of the barrel so you'd likely be looking at rerolling yourself on the bench.

Fire mage is great for mythic+ because it has great aoe and ridiculous single target burst so it's good for short boss fights and that leaves some people bitter about "OP mages" but really, mage is one of the worst classes to roll right now if what you're looking for is topping single target DPS charts for raid length fights.
    Are we playing the same game?

If just half of the current PTR changes goes through, yea no they wont anymore. But as long as you play the big three Warrior/Mage/Hunter, you'll always have a VIABLE spec.. Ohh wait, PTR, gutted hunters and Fire mage.
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    just play mage, they are always op
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

What does "overall" mean?

Average across all current-tier bosses?

Simulated theoretic dps?

Best performance with current itemisation? what about @950 simulations?

Best spec in the hands of a bad player?

These topics pop up all the time, and people forget that the answer is not FotM spec, but rather one of the following:

1) You want to not suck.
    A: Pick a class you like playing, so you can endure playing it long enough to learn it well. Then spend the time learning it, and cross your fingers that it will not be gimped in the future. But even if it does get gimped, remember you are playing a class you like playing so you can endure it until the balance-arm comes round again.

2) You are a RL needing another DPS:
    A: Look at your current group instead. How is the range/melee balance? go for the type you need the most. How likely are you to be missing tanks/healers? (how about for 5man split runs?) pick accordingly. Only if you have several classes that fit the bill AND relevant candidates of each of them, THEN consult theoretical/statistical performance data.

3) You want to get into a raid group:
    A: Look at #1 and #2, the performance of the class you choose means very little. Pick a class you can play/learn and like. Then look for a guild that is missing that class.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockerjompa View Post
    Are we playing the same game?
    He pretty much hit spot on for 7.1.5 possibly. I think people don't give Mage ST enough credit atm, while everyone else who doesn't play one screams op.

Everyone's groups are different also, just because Spriests are topping Warcraftlogs doesn't mean the Spriest in your raid will top you.

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

If you want an easy class that do good on most fights (mostly single target) I'd go with Assass rogue. It's relatively easy to play and you'll top the charts frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodmagix View Post
    He pretty much hit spot on for 7.1.5 possibly. I think people don't give Mage ST enough credit atm, while everyone else who doesn't play one screams op.

Everyone's groups are different also, just because Spriests are topping Warcraftlogs doesn't mean the Spriest in your raid will top you.
    But he said "Mage is really bad at the moment" which is a lie. Looking at statics on warcraftlogs Fire Mages is no where near buttom DPS and there is no way a mage will be benched over any other class.

Really good in mythic+ and average joe in raids. And all speccs getting some gameplay changes in ptr as of now. The future isnt as bright as you think, I among many are think blizz is doing more bad than good. And, if a fire mage without bis leg is beating you on ST and target swap fights, you are doing something wrong(this is not pointed at you spesifically)

If they don't fix those ptr numbers, mage in mythic+ will be average joe there as well.

However, I kinda like how they are making arcane more like in WoD again, already started to AP-farm for that(last week farmed for frost for ST so going that this week)

Sure pick a mage, but you will be confused about wich specc you will go for. You wont top nor be bottom, but for most, thats good enough I guess