View Poll Results: Should a blood test be standard procedure?

Voters
432. This poll is closed
  • Yes

280 64.81%
  • No

114 26.39%
  • Neutral

38 8.80%
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhoof View Post
    So u don't mind having others bastards dumped into ur lap??
    Your question has what relevance, exactly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

We're all living here together. The better off your neighbor is the better off you will be. How much time do you spend worrying over your tax dollars supporting children you'll never meet? There are many government programs that help fetuses, infants, and children. Do you ever give to charities that help children?

The father has the right to know, of course. But, don't be angry at the child. Don't hurt their lives out of spite. If you ditching them would cause significant harm then reconsider your actions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    If that's the case, what does a little DNA matter? You'd have to be some kind of asshole to spend years loving and treating a child as if they're your own to just suddenly abandon them when it turns out they aren't "yours."
    Realizing your life has been stolen by a lying partner makes you the bad guy?

I may be wrong but I bet most who support lying r Bastards, would explain their lack of honesty.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    If that's the case, what does a little DNA matter? You'd have to be some kind of asshole to spend years loving and treating a child as if they're your own to just suddenly abandon them when it turns out they aren't "yours."
    Abandonment of the mother is kinda likely though. Which, loving the child aside, will more than likely put the child in custody of the mother anyway and leads to the childhood problem Deruyter mentioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets let medicine remain private and in the control of the user. No reason to force paternity tests.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    We're all living here together. The better off your neighbor is the better off you will be. How much time do you spend worrying over your tax dollars supporting children you'll never meet? There are many government programs that help fetuses, infants, and children. Do you ever give to charities that help children?

The father has the right to know, of course. But, don't be angry at the child. Don't hurt their lives out of spite. If you ditching them would cause significant harm then reconsider your actions.
    If they r not yours then you owe them NOTHING n they have NO right to derail mens lives.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PassingBy View Post
    In many countries it is only possible with the approval of both parents.
    So unless mother gives consent the said test will be illegal.
    I'm not suggesting you grab her by the hair and forcibly take a sample, but to request one to be performed in the U.K (Example).

If the mother refuses the man has the right to chase it and therefor be ordered to comply, nonetheless barring prenatal tests (Which often aren't even considered for the man due to the inherent risks) he can still obtain permission to check the childs against his as is the case for most western nations (Bar a few).

But my understanding of paternity laws is limited to what I remember and can research so I might be wrong :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    I don't think generalised mistrust is really called for. I doubt that kind of thing is particularly common and the scientifically determined truth of a matter is not always the best for the people involved imo, sometimes life is better when being lied to benevolently.
    First result from Google mentions 1 in 50: http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...-a6971901.html
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

I would have no problem sending more tax dollars towards orphanages and single-parent households. I would leave my hypothetical SO then and there if the child wasn't mine though.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Lets let medicine remain private and in the control of the user. No reason to force paternity tests.
    In this case paternity itself also shouldn't be forced.
    And it should be a man's choice if he accepts the child as his own or not.

But it is not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    If they are already attached, I find it hard to imagine that some person could be so messed up, as to drop emotionally cold and despise a child they loved, due to no fault of the child.
    Learning that your basis for the relationship with the child is a lie may not be child's fault, but can still be a factor detrimental to said relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    After seeing one of my employees break down this week because he found out (after more than a year) that "his" son wasn't his child at all but from another father we had a little discussion about the subject. One thing we (men) could agree about was that a blood test should be standard procedure at birth.

This can prevent future problems in the relationship and even more importantly: it can prevent a messed up childhood for the child.

What do you think, should a blood test be a standard procedure at birth to confirm the father is indeed the biological father?
    Doesn't really matter though. In the US you'll pay child support even if the kid is not yours.
    He screwed.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phlegethon View Post
    Doesn't really matter though. In the US you'll pay child support even if the kid is not yours.
    He screwed.
    What kind of communist shit is this?...

Since ditching implies leaving before/around the child is born because if you learn this later you have legal ties to it regardless of whose it is, you're suggesting that men should put the needs of the cheating mother and the child of another man above their own and remain with them. What kind of male disposability misandrist bullshit is this?

Deleted
    He screwed.
    Really? That sucks...

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I get the in control part, but private, not so much. It's not like doctors would post it on the hospital information board.

He screwed.
    I am sure he is screwed in this story.

What happens if he finds out right after the child is born? Before he sign anything.
    Can he get away with the child support?

Quote Originally Posted by PassingBy View Post
    So for the sake of the child a man should not only be forced to raise someone else's child, but also to keep living with the lying whore.
    While also robbing him of the chance to have a child of his own with the woman that deserves it.

Good idea.
    When I mentioned the "them lyin', gold-digging bitches" angle, I didn't actually expect some dumbass to come out and say it.

I have no control over how a person would react to this information, but if you're the kind of piece of shit who would just abandon a person (you love and have been raising as your own) because it turns their mother is a "whore" maybe you shouldn't be in relationships with whores. The rest of the population doesn't need the assumption that women giving birth are whores until proven otherwise, thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by HomeHoney View Post
    You can never be certain, only hopeful, without a test. =P (unless there are clear visual signs at birth, of course!)

Mamma's baby, Daddy's maybe!
    My daughter looked pretty much like my own baby photos. Some friends had tried mailman jokes before, but somehow these dried up.

Don't think it should be a standard procedure, but I don't like that some (many?) countries don't allow fathers to make sure that they're real fathers of a child in question via DNA testing. Cheating isn't that uncommon, you never know.

As a man to perform such test you have to either get woman's consent, or involve your lawyer, alternatively you aren't allowed to undergo DNA test at all.

TBF, I'd rather ruin my future family w/ distrust, and pay for child-support, than raise someone else's child. I'm biased cuz such test figuratively saved my life and I dodged that bullet. Paternity testing is my best pal now, so why should I ditch him?
    Last edited by ls-; 2016-11-16 at 11:15 AM.