Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Makarena View Post
    3 days for AK is to slow. Unless you don't care for cutting edge content (mythic raids or high mythic+ dungeons) and want to have fun in lfr/quests/heroic pugs, sure.
    You don't need 35 traits in your artifact to do well in Mythic.
    The cutting edge is the 0.1% of hardcore players that have been farming Maw of Soulds 7 to 10 for the past few days 18 hours a day.
    Most people on here are not those people and if you are not those people it really doesn't matter if you have 30 points in your artifact or 27.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    If you're a good player, in a few days you'll have more than enough AP to do most things.

Also, worst case scenario you'll casually catch up in order to be ready for Nighthold which will come out in January.
    Good player = doing daily quests?
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    The cutting edge is the 0.1% of hardcore players that have been farming Maw of Soulds 7 to 10 for the past few days 18 hours a day.
    Most people on here are not those people and if you are not those people it really doesn't matter if you have 30 points in your artifact or 27.
    I'm actually talking about getting 2 golden dragons here (aka raid-ready for most of the classes). You will need more than 2 weeks for that.

I'm actually talking about getting 2 golden dragons here (aka raid-ready for most of the classes). You will need more than 2 weeks for that.
    Depending in how much work/grind one wants to put in it is pretty easy to get two of them in two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by jycken View Post
    Hi there,

As the Title says, Is it worth comming back to WoW at this point and start a new character? I feel that I'll get so behind everyone else with everything, especially when I want to play semi-hc and not casually.. I know the research catch up, but how does that work?? Since everyone gets researches even the people that started to play Legion from day 1..
    Most people who make threads like this already want to come back, the point of the tread is hoping someone will talk you out of it. With that in regards do not come back. ON i side not i can also seeing you being one of those folks that get in /2 and asks "is X better than y blah blah"

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Depending in how much work/grind one wants to put in it is pretty easy to get two of them in two weeks.
    You will have to grind like a madman. Besides, you need luck with loot, money to buy consumables (which are expensive), and a class which isn't auto-declined in M+ (shadow priest).
    Last edited by Makarena; 2016-11-15 at 02:22 PM.

Deleted
    You will have to grind like a madman. Besides, you need luck with loot, money to buy consumables (which are expensive), and a class which isn't auto-declined in M+ (shadow priest).
    I have an alt that I played a whole 30ishhours in the past 2.5 weeks.
    I am done with the class order hall, my ilvl is 855 and I have my 2nd golden trait.
    In those 30 hours you have leveling, heroics, class order hall, mythics and normal mode raiding and farming mats for pots and flasks as she is herb/alch.

Like I said, I have no idea what you are talking about.
    This has been the easiest expansion (not counting WoD as that never happened) to have alts since forever.

Also my alt is a protection Pally.

My alt is a shadow priest . 15 days old. Tell me what am I doing wrong then provided I've been doing AP world quests every day on it, mythic0, normal, heroic raids and still I'm at 18 traits (very close to 19) and obviously no 2nd golden dragon yet (2 points away). I spend 2-4 hours on it on workdays and 5-6 on weekends.

Deleted
    My alt is a shadow priest . 15 days old. Tell me what am I doing wrong then provided I've been doing AP world quests every day on it, mythic0, normal, heroic raids and still I'm at 18 traits (very close to 19) and obviously no 2nd golden dragon yet (2 points away). I spend 2-4 hours on it on workdays and 5-6 on weekends.
    I have no idea what you are doing wrong but my char spends A LOT less time on all that and still has surumar to do and is 18 out of 19 traits (19th is golden) which I should get tonight after I do my emissary and daily heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Good player = doing daily quests?
    What I mean is good player = Wiill do decent dps/healing/tanking even if a bit behind in artifact traits.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jycken View Post
    Hi there,

As the Title says, Is it worth comming back to WoW at this point and start a new character?
    If the $49.99 cost is a huge issue and if it's about to break your budget and ruin you economically, then I'd say no, it's not worth it.
    If the $49.99 cost isn't a huge issue, then why not just buy it and test for 30 days that come with the box.

If you don't like it -.. well, no big shakes.
    If you like it - you can keep on playing, until you get bored.

It really isn't much harder than that. Try it. If you find it fun, play it. If you don't - well then don't.
    Trying to make it into some kind of weird analytic sleuthing case is just tedious and unproductive.
    It's a videogame. It's supposed to be fun. It's not rocket science.

It'll take a fairly long time for returning player to reach even 27. I've been playing rogue nonstop for almost a month and I'm only at 24
    Last edited by iky43210; 2016-11-15 at 08:59 PM.

You could technically catch up to the hardcore raiders if that's your intent, but you'd have to work you're ASS off
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    You could technically catch up to the hardcore raiders if that's your intent, but you'd have to work you're ASS off
    No amount of work could let you catchup quickly because you have to wait at least a month to unlock second legendary slot, then there is AK/AP..

Quote Originally Posted by iky43210 View Post
    No amount of work could let you catchup quickly because you have to wait at least a month to unlock second legendary slot, then there is AK/AP..
    Legendary slot aside, the AP could be ground out with a premade group running dungeons and doing AP WQ's constantly. But it would be such an absurd effort it borders on insanity.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

No, is not worthy if you play warlock or balance druid

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Then why should anyone work at anything then? Might as all wait for blizz to hand us full mythic gear right? Are you serious?
    There this stupid word is again, "work". It's a game. It's fun, not work. And that's why people raid.
    Plus waiting for the catch up obviously means you will always be a bit behind, people don't like to be a bit behind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaVolti View Post
    There this stupid word is again, "work". It's a game. It's fun, not work. And that's why people raid.
    Plus waiting for the catch up obviously means you will always be a bit behind, people don't like to be a bit behind.
    Then put more time in and you won't be behind.
    What do you want them to do? Just give you a mail with all the best items and a fully upgraded Artifact when you log in?
    Where is the progression in that?

And the word "Work" is fine in MMO's as in you have to "work(play your damn char)" to get your char progressed.
    Even if you just do the things you have fun with you will still play you char so you will progress, you just need to do certain things to make it go faster.

Then put more time in and you won't be behind.
    What do you want them to do? Just give you a mail with all the best items and a fully upgraded Artifact when you log in?
    Where is the progression in that?.
    Yes, if I could more time into it to catch up that would be fine. That was exactly my point.
    I don't mind to have to spend some time in game to get gear, that's okay.

But there is absolutely no way to get high AK reasonably quickly to compete with people who started at day 1. The catch up mechanics still takes several months to catch you up and there is no way to make it faster. And without AK there is absolutely no way to grind enough AP to get your artefact up. It's just not possible. You can't spend "more time" on the game to get on par, that's not how it works. It's gated purely by time and not by effort and that sucks.
    Same for legendaries: The pity timer ramps up and if you didn't ramp it up from day 1 you will be far, far behind. Legendaries are a huge effect on dps so there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. You just have to wait for your pity timer, meaning you will be behind for several months.

I would like to get rid of all gating that is solely based on time and replace it by things that take effort, not just time. Like the regular gearing up which, now that we have spammable m+ dungeons that drop decent gear, can be done in a single week with enough dedication. But catching up on AK or legendaries will take several months, no matter how dedicated you are and how much effort you put in. That's the huge problem when starting Legion now and that has to change. That means gearing can stay the way it is, AK needs to research MUCH faster on alts (which is something Blizzard is actually actively doing already, although I don't think starting at AK 10 is enough, it still leaves people too far behind with no way of catching up quickly enough in my opinion) and the legendary system has to fundamentally change anyway because it is overall extremely crappy.
    Last edited by MegaVolti; 2016-11-16 at 11:28 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaVolti View Post
    Yes, if I could more time into it to catch up that would be fine. That was exactly my point.
    I don't mind to have to spend some time in game to get gear, that's okay.

But there is absolutely no way to get high AK reasonably quickly to compete with people who started at day 1. The catch up mechanics still takes several months to catch you up and there is no way to make it faster. And without AK there is absolutely no way to grind enough AP to get your artefact up. It's just not possible. You can't spend "more time" on the game to get on par, that's not how it works. It's gated purely by time and not by effort and that sucks.
    Same for legendaries: The pity timer ramps up and if you didn't ramp it up from day 1 you will be far, far behind. Legendaries are a huge effect on dps so there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. You just have to wait for your pity timer, meaning you will be behind for several months.

I would like to get rid of all gating that is solely based on time and replace it by things that take effort, not just time. Like the regular gearing up which, now that we have spammable m+ dungeons that drop decent gear, can be done in a single week with enough dedication. But catching up on AK or legendaries will take several months, no matter how dedicated you are and how much effort you put in. That's the huge problem when starting Legion now and that has to change. That means gearing can stay the way it is, AK needs to research MUCH faster on alts (which is something Blizzard is actually actively doing already, although I don't think starting at AK 10 is enough, it still leaves people too far behind with no way of catching up quickly enough in my opinion) and the legendary system has to fundamentally change anyway because it is overall extremely crappy.
    And why should you be on 100% of the way the person is that started 2.5 months ago? Would be pretty unfair don't you think?