Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

With Ring, we lose 30%ST DPS on PTR. PERIOD

- Said in title, it s awful.

I tested for 4-5 hours anything i could think of .. never comes close

Deleted
    Compared to the dps you gained with the ring.
    This title doesn't help nothing but the overexxaggeration of the (albeit severe) changes we experienced in this ptr build.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OlorinOrigin View Post

Could you post how much your dps without and with ring with live and with ptr?

If rings give us in live 60% more dps, and in ptr 30% more dps, it'll be justified.

Deleted
    I did 4-5 hours of thorough testing on PTR and Live.

On dummy no buffs, i average 390-400k on live/ on PTR with the best build i could find : -> 280-310k.

That s not nerfing , it s gutting.

I did 4-5 hours of thorough testing on PTR and Live.

On dummy no buffs, i average 390-400k on live/ on PTR with the best build i could find : -> 280-310k.

That s not nerfing , it s gutting.
    Did you try using the other ST talents that look like they were buffed? Seems like they are making this change to the we don't want to be jumping around all the time anti-momentum people.

Pair anecdotal and completely unscientific data with the first iteration of a PTR that hasn't even come close to a balancing pass yet and you end up with this diamond of a topic.

How can an increse in Fury generation ever be causing you to do less DPS (unless you're purposefully failing your rotation just to self-assess in your doomsaying).

Deleted
    - but if we don't react , we ll end ..WELL.. screwed. Nerfing the ring so hard when they introduce another broken legendary is ..hypocritical.

And ya i did try all the talents variations.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojourner View Post
    How can an increse in Fury generation ever be causing you to do less DPS (unless you're purposefully failing your rotation just to self-assess in your doomsaying).
    Say what? They gutted our fury generation (ring nerfed, DB nerfed, crit nerfed and -2 extra dashes during meta)

Increase?
    Are you high?

Wtf are u smoking bro?

So for those of us who got other legendaries, that's still a dps increase, right? Perhaps a single rare item shouldn't make or break our damage

With so many tears about this ring, mostly because of not getting it, this nerf is kinda what casuals/raiders cry for at forums.

None cried about not getting TF, Hand of Rag or Ateish back in the days. The difference is the players.

Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    With so many tears about this ring, mostly because of not getting it, this nerf is kinda what casuals/raiders cry for at forums.

None cried about not getting TF, Hand of Rag or Ateish back in the days. The difference is the players.
    Maybe because TF, Hand of Rag or Atiesh didn't drop from world content and dungeons?

Nevertheless, the ring was the sole reason we could compete with other classes in ST. Now we're just gonna be pre-legion enh level bad, unless they obviously do something about it (which they must, obviously, they're not that stupid).

Deleted
    and before you say anything about the 5% crit diff : i accounted for that on LIVE and PTR by making sure i had equal stats during tests by swapping gear

Deleted
    Hey, if the thread title say PERIOD, it must be 100% true! /s

OP is right. After hours and hours of testing the BEST attempt I had resulted in over 100k lost.

Deleted
    i also said in another thread a couple of hours ago, that we lost 30% ST dps on ptr.

You have my permission to flip your shit because this is clearly final with no way it'll ever be changed. PERIOD.

I do not have the ring, i tried everything as well. (old build, new suggested build) Both on Live and PTR.
    I experienced roughly the same, between 80-120k dps loss.

If these changes go through the PTR to live I'm fucking out.
    Asrock Extreme 6 Rev B3 | Core i5-2500k@4.6ghz | 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance | Corsair HX1050W | Intel SSD 510 120gb | 5TB storage space | Gigabyte GTX 580 SLI