Page 19 of 72 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Original guide needs updated since 7.1 compounding horror is compounding horrible it does less than 1% of total damage. Remember back in Beta this was stacking to a 75% increase in UA damage that should be brought back. Or the damage must be affected by mastery to make it an actual worth while ability (even then it would be underwhelming doing less than 2% with 100%mastery

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by starji View Post
    You can look here if you like Dranxadin: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=19

There's a section in my cenarius fight from last night where I had 5 stacks of Wrath of Consumption, with and without Reap Souls, right around the 5 minute mark. Just looking at the non-crit tick values: without reap souls and 5 stacks of wrath I had 49.9k corruption ticks, 78.3k agony ticks, and 46.3 siphon life ticks. With reap, it jumped to 65.1k corruption, 101k agony and 53.9k siphon life respectively, for bonus damage of 30%, 29% and 16% respectively.

These are not the values I expected. I expected closer to 20% because reap gives 10% baseline, and the doubled value of wrath would be another 10% with 5 stacks. Maybe mastery is getting multiplied a weird way in here?

Edit: I should have said earlier, this is just evidence for Wrath of Consumption doubling. Not any of the other traits.
    To be honest with wrath of Consumption it was easier just to test it out in broken isles, testing each dot with no buffs, Reap,WoC and reap + WoC. Then I just noted down the values of the ticks in combat log, and the values shown in tooltips. The tooltips and log values both reflected it not being affected by reap.

In terms of the others, even in the log you linked your proc rate on harvester of souls is under 15% with over 6000 ticks recorded. Compounding horror is a bit harder to check since there are effigy ticks that can also proc it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dranxadin View Post
    To be honest with wrath of Consumption it was easier just to test it out in broken isles, testing each dot with no buffs, Reap,WoC and reap + WoC. Then I just noted down the values of the ticks in combat log, and the values shown in tooltips. The tooltips and log values both reflected it not being affected by reap.

In terms of the others, even in the log you linked your proc rate on harvester of souls is under 15% with over 6000 ticks recorded. Compounding horror is a bit harder to check since there are effigy ticks that can also proc it.
    Yeah; I just posted the logs because you asked for some and it showed a pretty serious damage increase with reap souls + wrath.

I also just checked tooltips and saw that Harvester of Souls doesn't show an increased proc chance on the tooltip, and neither does Compounding Horror. The only traits that do show a tooltip change (beyond the standard 10% damage buff) is Crystaline Shadows (2%->4% shadow damage), Soul Flame (double damage), Wrath of Consumption (2%->4% per stack dot damage), Sweet Souls (25%->50% healthstone buff), and Fatal Echoes (6%->12% chance to reapply UA).

Maybe the guide is out of date on the reap soul affected traits.

this spec is really disappointing, gotten to 850 ilvl and artifact to rank 16, about 160 - 190kdps is roughly the range i sit in for single target, haven't even bothered trying karazhan because I've tanked it on another character and know i'll just drag down any group because some of those fights need burst dps like curator to get it down in time. our artifact just seems badly optimized, soul of consumption, and soul flame don't even proc on single target boss fights(which is most), harvester of souls does very little dps on any fight <5%.

I don't have the demo or destro artifacts yet so I will probably just shelve my warlock for a month till my artifact knowledge is higher to off spec or until they fix affliction.

865 Bough with a socket or 880 Twisting Wind?

15+ Year Old Account
    Still wondering about that "forth gold trait" and affliction artifact use interaction

Quote Originally Posted by Slashkill View Post
    Still wondering about that "forth gold trait" and affliction artifact use interaction
    It'll probably be at least a week or two still before that question be answered.

Bough, not close.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuux View Post
    Bough, not close.
    Thanks!

I wasn't sure if the raw intellect on a 880 Twisting Wind was enough. I ended up using 865 Bough w/ socket and 880 Plaguehive.

How "unlucky" can i be? I had http://www.wowhead.com/item=132379/sindorei-spite] and now i just got http://www.wowhead.com/item=132381/s...less-shackles] its not even an upgrade for me

Quote Originally Posted by Tatuin View Post
    How "unlucky" can i be? I had http://www.wowhead.com/item=132379/sindorei-spite] and now i just got http://www.wowhead.com/item=132381/s...less-shackles] its not even an upgrade for me
    Well there will be legendary nerfs coming soon for some items, so I wouldn't be surprised if spite becomes demo only, which would make your new bracer much more useful.

Just starting to get into aff for pve. Anything outdated in the guide? Or is it pretty solid still?

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you despawn a Soul Effigy if you're not using the default unit frames to right-click the little Effigy icon?

Answered my own question.
    Last edited by MonsieuRoberts; 2016-11-15 at 06:29 AM.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

How would you use the demo bracers as affliction with supremacy

Just do it on pre pull, use it at 20 agony stacks or what?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious if there's been any headway about trinkets for Affliction? Have tried multiple combinations via Sims and either I'm suddenly missing something or theirs something awkward going on when everything swings wildly from one stat to the next along with DPS value At one point, Sims kept telling me Versatility was my top stat as Affliction...All I want to know is what trinket ranks are. >.<

Quick question.

Do our dots benefit from active trinket procs/buffs like before? Or do we lose the extra dmg/ticks the moment the buff expires?

[QUOTE=MonsieuRoberts;43295901]How do you despawn a Soul Effigy if you're not using the default unit frames to right-click the little Effigy icon?

I am actually curious as to how to do this! Halls of Valor in particular is a bad one for effigy because some bosses dont "die"

Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    I'm curious if there's been any headway about trinkets for Affliction? Have tried multiple combinations via Sims and either I'm suddenly missing something or theirs something awkward going on when everything swings wildly from one stat to the next along with DPS value At one point, Sims kept telling me Versatility was my top stat as Affliction...All I want to know is what trinket ranks are. >.<
    I am leaning towards pure stat trinkets, because the ones with a proc insist on proccing on the damned Soul Effigy. I dont know how many times I see the Flame Wreath from the Aran-trinket around the SE, wondering if it even does damage at all now that the SE is immune to aoe damage. But if you find a reliable list, please do share!

Deleted
    I've been looking at the warcraftlogs data for Mythic Dragons, and generally there seems to be a split between a GoSac/Sow the Seeds/Phantom Singularity build and the pretty standard GoSup/Siphon/Effigy build. The first build seems to be doing very well in the logs, but what's the reason for such an AoE heavy build? Just for Shades/Essences? Do you just spam Seeds during these phases?

On dragons, gosac and phantom are actually not-super-paddy choices. All the adds have to die, and those talents are good at that. The dragon-boss damage loss from those two choices isn't crazy high. STS sounds pretty cheese to me though, even if you're on the Taerar side.