"Baked in" talents

So.... remember hearing that they were baking in talents that everyone takes as part of the classes kit? What went baseline for dhs other than 5% reduction in crit (putting way more emphasis on getting crit on every piece of gear)?

Nothing as of yet, and likely not at all. Too many convinced themselves that half of the talents in our trees were going baseline when really it's probably 2 or 3 across all specs in the game.

Nothing.

Seems they learnt nothing at all.

They're just making us choose between ST and AoE, same as before, but ST sucks even more.

I'm still waiting for the performance of the Demonic build before making final judgments though, but I don't like the baseline nerfs Momo got, at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    Nothing.

Seems they learnt nothing at all.

They're just making us choose between ST and AoE, same as before, but ST sucks even more.

I'm still waiting for the performance of the Demonic build before making final judgments though, but I don't like the baseline nerfs Momo got, at all.
    I've tried out the demonic build with Fel Eruption on PTR but it's not great. Without the momentum buff Meta is nowhere near as strong. Furthermore, without Demon Blades you will spend a portion of your Meta spamming Bite to gain fury. Basically that Meta uptime is rendered useless by the fact that you have nothing else to back it up with.

Oh and if you get Momentum instead of Fel Eruption you will waste time with rushes since they no longer grant fury (cause Eye Beam talent). It also turns the rotation into a complete clusterfuck for underwhelming results once again.

There's not a thing in hell that'll make me not choose Demon Blades.
    I refuse the 1-1-1-1-2-1-1-1-1-2-1-1-1-1-2 playstyle, I'm not a fucking arcane mage.

I'd rather play something not optimal, perform less, but have fun.
    Means my raiding career will most likely be over though, guess they'll let me tag along for Heroic, and I'm fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Management View Post
    There's not a thing in hell that'll make me not choose Demon Blades.
    I refuse the 1-1-1-1-2-1-1-1-1-2-1-1-1-1-2 playstyle, I'm not a fucking arcane mage.

I'd rather play something not optimal, perform less, but have fun.
    Means my raiding career will most likely be over though, guess they'll let me tag along for Heroic, and I'm fine with that.
    If you would play as DH in my guild with just 11111211112 then your raiding career also would be over. Theres so many things right now to use to keep momo uptime as high as possible and people still talk this shit about 121212. Do they even play this class?

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    If you would play as DH in my guild with just 11111211112 then your raiding career also would be over. Theres so many things right now to use to keep momo uptime as high as possible and people still talk this shit about 121212. Do they even play this class?
    Ofc I wouldn't, if you could read, that's what you'd understand.
    But that's what it looks like DH is gonna become in 7.1.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Emorium View Post
    I've tried out the demonic build with Fel Eruption on PTR but it's not great. Without the momentum buff Meta is nowhere near as strong. Furthermore, without Demon Blades you will spend a portion of your Meta spamming Bite to gain fury. Basically that Meta uptime is rendered useless by the fact that you have nothing else to back it up with.

Oh and if you get Momentum instead of Fel Eruption you will waste time with rushes since they no longer grant fury (cause Eye Beam talent). It also turns the rotation into a complete clusterfuck for underwhelming results once again.
    It will be supposed to be played with Blind Fury, Demonic Appetite v2, first Blood (?), Demon reborn, Nemesis, Demonic though ...

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Management View Post
    Ofc I wouldn't, if you could read, that's what you'd understand.
    But that's what it looks like DH is gonna become in 7.1.5.
    I completly misread what you wrote before, I blame hard day in my job and weather outside!

Quote Originally Posted by Deix-EU View Post
    It will be supposed to be played with Blind Fury, Demonic Appetite v2, first Blood (?), Demon reborn, Nemesis, Demonic though ...
    I could see demonic being just fine with Momentum and Demon Blades. That's how we did it in Beta when it was the top dog spec and with Felblade.

I'd be curious to see if the Legendary Helm with Blind Fury and Demonic are a good combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimzum View Post
    I could see demonic being just fine with Momentum and Demon Blades. That's how we did it in Beta when it was the top dog spec and with Felblade.

I'd be curious to see if the Legendary Helm with Blind Fury and Demonic are a good combo.
    Of course, but with a "less chance to get less fury" of DB+Ring combo and the currently momo uptime reduced, the mandatory blind fury to make demon build viable (and so the lack of FR efficiency / momo synergy) I can see Demonic Appetite v2 becoming "maybe" top (cause of Demonic = more Anni with haste = more chance to regen fury etc.) All that matters in the end in 1.7.5 is how well our synergies will be designed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimzum View Post

I have the helm, and I just spent half an hour on ptr with the eye beam spec. I'm very hopeful, its a fun way to play. You get tons of Annihilation spam and the spec feels much better outside of those 30sec Meta windows.