Page 25 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    Still waiting for you to respond to my original point. You've done everything you can to avoid it.
    What makes you say that a pre-existing feminine dummy is the reason that this one exists?
    Because, at the time, it was an issue that was never addressed.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they should change the name to Ex-girlfriend Dummy. Let's trigger everyone! /s

Seriously, it's a joke. They're allowed to have fun

Quote Originally Posted by Snuke View Post
    If it was an ex-GF dummy that said something similar there'd be an uproar, make it about men and it's a fun joke.
    you are wrong, it is a fun joke even if it said ex-GF.

I would laugh again if that happen. I dont need approval for anyone in this world to enjoy a joke. less in a game in wich we kill females all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    It's thought to be roughly 50/50 (or at least, it was in the last study I looked into a year or two ago), but female domestic violence is typically a lot less grievous compared to domestic violence inflicted by males, which is why I clarified it as "serious domestic violence". Men and women fight just about as much as each other, but, as you would expect, men tend to have the physical advantage of being better able to defend themselves and seriously injure their partners.
    Again, do you have a source for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Domestic abuse is a joke?
    you have to be kidding

Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    While the success of it is reliant on tone, context, and audience, everything is fair game for comedy. It's better to discuss why it may or may not handle those things appropriately rather than to suggest that the subject matter as a whole is completely off the table, because that rarely leads anywhere productive.
    When Blizzard bans people for racism/sexism, I think it's fair to say WoW is not the place for abuse jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by shonist View Post
    you have to be kidding
    No, I'm not kidding. Care to actually try backing up your last claim now?

you are wrong, it is a fun joke even if it said ex-GF.

I would laugh again if that happen. I dont need approval for anyone in this world to enjoy a joke. less in a game in wich we kill females all the time.
    Because it's all fine and dandy for you to think both are funny, but this isn't about what you personally find funny.

When Blizzard bans people for racism/sexism, I think it's fair to say WoW is not the place for abuse jokes.

No, I'm not kidding. Care to actually try backing up your last claim now?

Because it's all fine and dandy for you to think both are funny, but this isn't about what you personally find funny.
    do you play wow? : because its a game where you kill ppl, males/females/animals. i dont see you in every forum discussing about if its funny to kill ppl.

you dont like any movie where they steal, lie, kill, kidnap, etc etc.?
    because it would be a movie that promoves that kind of things? wtf?
    Last edited by shonist; 2016-11-16 at 07:46 PM.

Deleted
    I think it's hilarious tbh.

do you play wow?
    Did you somehow stumble across an area in WoW where they purposely load in offensive jokes to everyone?

Or are you playing an alternate version where they didn't removed Tyrande's Silence because the "Hush Tyrande" was considered sexist?

because its a game where you kill ppl, males/females/animals. i dont see you in every forum discussing about if its funny to kill ppl.

you dont like any movie where they steal, lie, kill, kidnap, etc etc.?
    because it would be a movie that promoves that kind of things? wtf?
    Completely irrelevant. You're talking about core parts of the game, which 99% of the time is because "The person you're killing is actually evil, and you need to to save the world". Even when it comes down to animals, it comes down to "we can't live here because they're overrunning us/causing us to starve by eating our food!".

Also yet again, Tyrande's Silence.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2016-11-16 at 07:50 PM.

If it wasnt for the well known fact that blizzard have rabid feminists working there, I wouldnt normally care.

Did you somehow stumble across an area in WoW where they purposely load in offensive jokes to everyone?

Or are you playing an alternate version where they didn't removed Tyrande's Silence because the "Hush Tyrande" was considered sexist?
    Maybe they removed that because the majority of ppl didnt liked it or felt that it was sexist.

That doesnt say that the majority of ppl is correct. or smart. nor objetive.

- - - Updated - - -

btw, how that can be offensive? i cant understand if males are getting offender or females.
    In any case it would make sense

Im an ex-bf of someone, and maybe other girl in the planet its an ex-gf of someone... how can we be offended by this?

Maybe they removed that because the majority of ppl didnt liked it or felt that it was sexist.

That doesnt say that the majority of ppl is correct. or smart. nor objetive.
    So unless they agree with you, they're not smart? That's...not an argument.

It's a double standard, pure and simple. It's also arguably more offensive, since telling someone to hush isn't really on the same level as stabbing them.

btw, how that can be offensive? i cant understand if males are getting offender or females.
    In any case it would make sense
    You're confusing me with this statement, but it's offensive because there are cases of males being attacked by jilted ex-lovers.

I'm not offended per se, but it definitely is hypocritical and distasteful.

I honestly believe that most people are offended by this out of spite. I know I have posted on the forums and twitter that I was offended by this and only did so because more often than not the people that are offended by everything have a strong dislike of men for some reason. If it isn't right if it were a "girlfriend" or anything else, it isn't right if it is a "boyfriend".

Does getting this item make me gay?

But feminism tells me it's okay to abuse men? I'm confused, I should consult Tumblr.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    I think they should change the name to Ex-girlfriend Dummy. Let's trigger everyone! /s

Seriously, it's a joke. They're allowed to have fun
    I disagree that domestic violence should be a joke said in a very public setting like a video game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    Because, at the time, it was an issue that was never addressed.
    Was it? On break at work so can't research it, but I don't remember anyone ever mentioning the appearance of the training dummies as an issue.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

The SJW pussies in this thread trying to defend this tasteless double-standard joke (LOL, it's funny cause the victim's a guy, LOL) make me better understand why someone like Trump just got elected...
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

Get over it. Jesus. People will find offense in everything these days.