Poll: Do you think FFXV will sell 10 million copys.

Page 32 of 94 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    Damn, that's crazy.
    http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Pandemonium_Warden

There you go. Should have news articles in.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Pandemonium_Warden

There you go. Should have news articles in.
    Makes you wonder what the devs were thinking, designing a monotonous boss fight that lasts so long people have to ignore eating or going to the bathroom just to play it (if your raid team has to rotate team-members in and out of the fight just so they can do their IRL necessities, you've got a problem), and then you have the situation where people wipe and have to do it all over again... if they don't give up already.

Was that giant turtle shown before in a trailer? And does it actually take 72 real world hours to kill him?

Didn't FF 11 have bosses with crazy high hp pools?
    Probably bullshit, worst they would probably do is Yiazmat in vanilla 12 which took 3-4 hours to kill. Fight is like half that in the international version.

Pretty sure square doesn't want PR of some kid dying because he was glued to a tv for 72 hours killing a boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Probably bullshit, worst they would probably do is Yiazmat in vanilla 12 which took 3-4 hours to kill. Fight is like half that in the international version.

Pretty sure square doesn't want PR of some kid dying because he was glued to a tv for 72 hours killing a boss.
    Indeed. Yiazmat is fine especially since people have managed to get that fight down to around an hour with the right setup.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was that giant turtle shown before in a trailer? And does it actually take 72 real world hours to kill him?

Didn't FF 11 have bosses with crazy high hp pools?
    At a guess, it's ingame hours rather than real ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    At a guess, it's ingame hours rather than real ones.
    Dunno exactly how accurate it is, but during the Clueless Gamer segment with Conan O'Brien it was stated that it was real time hours.

Yea, Conan's gamer guy specifically says 72 real time hours, and from watching previous Clueless Gamer segments, he's usually the actual gamer and knows what he's talking about. Its possible that its that long at launch and power creep from future DLCs or co-op multiplayer could make the fight shorter.

Edit:- Also forgot about summons. Remember what Ramuh did to that behemoth?

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulljin View Post
    Everytime I see this being FFXV instead of Versus 13 I ask myself: What would FFXV have looked like if FF Versus 13 would have been already on the market for some months/years like it should have been?

Then I stop asking myself, shed a tear and do something useful instead.
    I can appreciate the long wait was a bit extreme. But purely from a marketing perspective I think they made the right call by making it 15 and moving away from the 13 brand / stigma in general. This game needs to be a hit not only in Japan but in the west. And boy have they gone all out trying to target the west (American diners are everywhere) and I think starting over with a new title was the way to go. Plus who doesn't love the fact that Final Fantasy apart from 10-2 and 13v, Final fantasy has reinvented itself each time with a new world and story. I love that.

Anyway I got my preorder in, just one more week of waiting. Counting down the hours now. Who else is getting super excited?

Anyone still on the fence, watch this trailer or kingsglaive movie and feel the final fantasy potential. Its all there

Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2016-11-21 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    This is the exact berating developers need these days, a public bashing, even if they are trying to give a celeb something free, its awesome someone like Conan will rip into the devs in public, I do agree with a number of points conan brings up despite being unfamiliar to the franchise.
    I am a bit late but this part of Conan's show is to make a comedy sketch involving different video games. He is not trying to review the game, the only point is to make it funny to people. They are building a script beforehand with segments from the game that they can joke about and the fact that there is not a single combat segment in the video kind of points to the fact that there is nothing to make fun of.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    I am a bit late but this part of Conan's show is to make a comedy sketch involving different video games. He is not trying to review the game, the only point is to make it funny to people. They are building a script beforehand with segments from the game that they can joke about and the fact that there is not a single combat segment in the video kind of points to the fact that there is nothing to make fun of.
    Never said he was reviewing the game, yes hes an entertainer but part of the entertainment is his first impression of the game while being conan, if you have seen his other clueless gamer sketches, he actually plays the game and didn't need to skip through bits given to him like he admitted in that video, some bits he couldn't even put in a joke.

The game seems to have issues, and joking or not, he actually made some valid points about the game from a negative standpoint.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    Never said he was reviewing the game, yes hes an entertainer but part of the entertainment is his first impression of the game while being conan, if you have seen his other clueless gamer sketches, he actually plays the game and didn't need to skip through bits given to him like he admitted in that video, some bits he couldn't even put in a joke.

The game seems to have issues, and joking or not, he actually made some valid points about the game from a negative standpoint.
    What valid points would those be? He had a hard time squeezing in some jokes in a demo of at minimum a 50 hour game? I can't imagine explaining the appeal of final fantasy games to someone like Conan when hes yelling at the top of his voice about crystals and rings.

The Japanese nightclub joke was funny though.

Quote Originally Posted by SquallLionheart View Post
    What valid points would those be? He had a hard time squeezing in some jokes in a demo of at minimum a 50 hour game? I can't imagine explaining the appeal of final fantasy games to someone like Conan when hes yelling at the top of his voice about crystals and rings.

The Japanese nightclub joke was funny though.
    I felt that the jokes he was making about the theme were somewhat valid, in most fantasy games there's always a crystal or a ring or a stone or something. The Entourage joke was funny as was the Japanese nightclub one. The rest just seemed hamfisted and forced because of all the skipping around they seemed to do, and him just not trying/ wanting to immerse himself in the game (pushing a car in a fantasy game does seem a little strange, but obviously has a plot motivator...just go with it...). Of course in a 50+ hour game with a deep story..if you skip parts of the story you're not going to know WTF is going on.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I felt that the jokes he was making about the theme were somewhat valid, in most fantasy games there's always a crystal or a ring or a stone or something. The Entourage joke was funny as was the Japanese nightclub one. The rest just seemed hamfisted and forced because of all the skipping around they seemed to do, and him just not trying/ wanting to immerse himself in the game (pushing a car in a fantasy game does seem a little strange, but obviously has a plot motivator...just go with it...). Of course in a 50+ hour game with a deep story..if you skip parts of the story you're not going to know WTF is going on.
    Yeah theres definitely a thing among fantasy elements with rings and crystals etc. It's story telling. It seems almost within the realm of possibilities to discover a ring or crystal that could change your life. Rather than say a bite from a spider. Then the artwork/imagery etc can see why it's popular. Also the shape of a ring is symbolism city

The ring in ff15 is awesome and I bet he didn't watch the kingsglaive movie

And yeah don't see the big deal in starting with a car break down. Clearly a story focused game which are rarely super interesting to watch in segments on TV compared to like a call of duty or racing game. I'm also willing to bet a 40s year old man that works 6 days a week in TV probably doesn't understand how power creep works in rpgs. And starting off walking and ending the game flying is a fun part of rpgs to a lot of people like myself
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2016-11-22 at 08:39 PM.

7+ Year Old Account

Under 5 days now boys and girls.

Unless you are one of the ones who got it early thanks to street date breaking.

Some guy beat it in 40 hours which is really really low for a FF game, especially since it's been worked on for 10 years....
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Unless you are one of the ones who got it early thanks to street date breaking.

Some guy beat it in 40 hours which is really really low for a FF game, especially since it's been worked on for 10 years....
    Every FF game ever is sub 40 hours if you just do main story, most in the 30 hour range for just that. So no, 40 hours is not low unless you're telling me he got the platinum trophy in 40 hours which he didn't and he's not even close to.

"Worked on for 10 years" If you mean announced too early as vaporware and never really in development until 2012, sure, it was worked on for 10 years.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-11-25 at 01:10 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    The 10 year development thing is such a sound bite now lol.

Also who cares if someone whos probably a pro gamer or streamer that rushed through it in 40hours.

FF9 has a secret item for finishing the game in 12 hours so the main story has never been that huge

The thing that annoys me is in order to get the full story you need to spend $115.

$90 for the Deluxe edition so you get the movie and then another $25 for the season pass. Game looks fun as hell but I am going to wait on a sell before getting it. Also I love the Co-Op MP is also tied to the Season Pass.....

Also fuck them for tieing Masamune to being a Pre-Order.....

40 hours for a RPG is short even more so if its open world. Cut out travel time and you are looking at 30-35hours.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SquallLionheart View Post
    Also who cares if someone whos probably a pro gamer or streamer that rushed through it in 40hours.
    That's a big assumption....
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The thing that annoys me is in order to get the full story you need to spend $115.
    Uh... Movie is five bucks on Amazon (or at least, when I got it when it came out in late October). So ultimately, just $80. That's cheaper than the Witcher 3 + expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Uh... Movie is five bucks on Amazon (or at least, when I got it when it came out in late October). So ultimately, just $80. That's cheaper than the Witcher 3 + expansions.
    Yep, movie was $5 on amazon when I got it.

I also loathe the argument that you need to buy the dlc to get the complete story. The DLC looks like completely separate stories from the main line of the game entirely, much how both Witcher 3 expansions where which is a good comparison.

Also still laughing that 40 hours to beat the main story is "short". If you rush the main story in a dragon age or Mass effect game you beat it in sub 20 hours, in Witcher 3 you would beat it in right about 40, Fallout or Elder Scrolls would be 5 hours at best.

The only games I can think of that typically have main story lines that last over 40 hours would be atlus RPGs which are typically 50-60.