Page 28 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shonist View Post
    i knew you will come up with this,
    They are offended? that's a shame, bad for them. It doesnt chagne those who ARE NOT offended.

You can be offended by literally anything. Its up to you.
    btw on me: If you are poor and live in the streets, you can get offended by seeing ppl eating in public space, or ppl buying something. even beign dressed could be offensive for someone who doesnt have money for even the worst clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    i cant believe it....

people, its a god damn fucking item in a video game.
    its a small joke on blizzards part.
    stop getting offended by non sense.
    But that's what SJWs do: Get offended at the tiniest, most insignificant things that they don't like, and make a mountain out of a molehill over it.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    If it was Ex-Girlfriend, would you accept it? "Because stabbing the real thing is illegal."
    Sure, I would accept it.

Because I don't get offended at stupid jokes in videogames.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlyn View Post
    correlating this to domestic violence is a terrible comparison. if anything its LITERALLY DESIGNED to help someone avoid violence by giving them an "outlet".

if you broke up with your EX and your dad/mom stapled a pic of your exes face to a punching bag and said have at it. you wouldn't yell at them saying domestic violence is not a joke. its a coping mechanism to avoid it and or pain/frustrations.

if coping mechanisms are going to be demonized and shamed more people will not be able to handle their issues.
    This is insane, and not a great sign of mental health.

i knew you will come up with this,
    They are offended? that's a shame, bad for them. It doesnt chagne those who ARE NOT offended.

You can be offended by literally anything. Its up to you.
    This is pretty much the ideal example of hypocrisy.

You're saying you're allowed to have this stance of indifference, yet any one who has another stance is wrong. This is just pointless. If you're not offended, move on and enjoy your day. It shouldn't matter to you that people are complaining. It shouldn't matter to you if it's changed. After all, you don't care.

btw on me: If you are poor and live in the streets, you can get offended by seeing ppl eating in public space, or ppl buying something. even beign dressed could be offensive for someone who doesnt have money for even the worst clothes.
    Yet again, an awful example. We're talking about how this is a double standard on Blizzard's part. Not playing "Trigger Limbo".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    But that's what SJWs do: Get offended at the tiniest, most insignificant things that they don't like, and make a mountain out of a molehill over it.

Sure, I would accept it.

Because I don't get offended at stupid jokes in videogames.
    Next time you quote me, quote the whole thing.

So, I wouldn't have any issue with this personally. But, for a second, ask yourself:

If it was Ex-Girlfriend, would you accept it? "Because stabbing the real thing is illegal."

No. It's bad taste.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I'm not trying to argue to get you offended, I'm trying to show you how what YOU think about this is insignificant honestly. You're not offended? That's great, good for you. It doesn't change those who ARE offended, and nothing you're doing is proving why they shouldn't be.
    so if i came up to you on the street and said "your wearing clothes, i dont have enough money to wear clothes, im offended take them off" because im offended, and your not, im in the right?

thats what your saying, just because others are offended, and were not, means were wrong and they're right?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Next time you quote me, quote the whole thing.
    Thanks for assuming that I was talking about you.

Next time you quote me, leave the strawman arguments out.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    so if i came up to you on the street and said "your wearing clothes, i dont have enough money to wear clothes, im offended take them off" because im offended, and your not, im in the right?

thats what your saying, just because others are offended, and were not, means were wrong and they're right?
    You're allowed to be offended, and I'm allowed to ignore it.

I'm not going to sit there and argue with you how you're not allowed to feel a certain way. That's thought policing.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post

Now, I am not angered by the item per se, nor am I much of a "ohhh everything must be equal!" type of person, but the underlying problem with things like these, no matter how innocent, or the kind of medium, is that it does play on cultural norms. The same norms that makes sure males are always arrested when police are called on domestic abuse reports, unless they have video evidence.

Or why we laugh when sitcoms have women "playfully" attack cheating partners but feel uncomfortable when sexes are reversed. A cheating male having to run naked across the street as his clothes were stolen as petty revenge is "funny" while that happening to a female character would cause serious uproar.

For what it is, this item is no less "problematic" than stupid shit like "Tyrande's Silence" or the "autographed Jaina Proudmoore" item that called her "crazy" which is apparently demeaning to female characters.

A lot of this drama bullshit could have been avoided if Blizzard had just called it "Ex-Partner Dummy", but nah. How this item made it in at all is quite surprising.
    my sides, oh god my sides!!
    Seriously I am gonna be triggered if this doesn't make it in, I mean the flavour text alone makes it worth it for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Someone's triggered.
    Hugh Mungus!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Do you think Blizzard is pro-sexism against females? Yet Tyrande's Silence happened. They also changed Sylvanas's armor to be less revealing in HotS (Pretty sure in WoW too) due to this. They had a whole discussion about sexism is wrong.

Except the only reason it mentions to not stab the real person is because it's illegal. Not because it's wrong or anything.

WoW is not a humorous game usually.

Okay, so you can see the point. Yet you list all these other issues for some reason when you do see the point.

WoW isn't dark at all.
    The LORE can be dark. The lore that's barely reflected in game. The only things that are in game really is genocide to a degree with the end of MoP.
    who the fuck said blizzard is pro sexism, what were saying is they made those, people overreacted, then they changed it cause people either cant take a joke, or look way too deep into things

yeah and that is a good enough reason to do so, does a parking spot need to tell you "its illegal, bad, uncool, not nice, and really selfish to park here after 9"? no it just says "illegal to park here after 9

wow.. is not... a humours.... game.... usually....
    how many poop quests, fart jokes, silly stories of drunken men punching deathwing in the face, and how cartoony is the art style?

i list the other reasons cause if you looked at the other posts, most of the people (one of your fellow mods) doesent care the gender, they are complaining that it "supports domestic abuse"

hm? chopping of dragons heads and putting them on display in our major cities?
    garonas story, it does mention it ingame
    the ressurection of monstrasities, the murder of families and villages, all depicted ingame, as i mentioned earlier, there is(or used to be) a quest that you gave a undead a plague, and he forcefully gave a human women it by tugging her hair, forced her to drink, and she screams as blood comes from her eyes, ears, nose, and mouth, another quest for undead has them bashing in skulls of people who are burried neck deep in mud
    we also see a man get the electric chair
    we see another man have an axe slammed into his shoulder
    we see tents made of skin of humans
    oh and end of mop? you mean all of mop where helpess orc soilders are swimming ashore as we murder them from the docks with rains of arrows
    and aww yeah the bombing of thermore, the murder of thousends in a instant, aswell as the torture and slavery of the survives when we reach org, stuck on spikes, used as target practice, couples forced to fight to the death against eachother to spare the childs life, and garroshes mythic form, where al lthe leaders are left impaled on spikes

but nah iz baby game, this should be rated E for everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    my sides, oh god my sides!!
    Seriously I am gonna be triggered if this doesn't make it in, I mean the flavour text alone makes it worth it for me.
    I don't agree with his last point. This all would have been avoided if people didn't complain about Tyrandes Silence or the autographed Jaina thing in the first place. Thats why people are kinda of annoyed at this.. because of the double standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the kind of thing I would completely gloss over without a single thought, and will continue to. Are any of you being paid to be professionally outraged or is it just a passion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol the hate from the female side would have been hilarious if it was an ex-girlfriend one. God that would have been fun to watch.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I don't agree with his last point. This all would have been avoided if people didn't complain about Tyrandes Silence or the autographed Jaina thing in the first place. Thats why people are kinda of annoyed at this.. because of the double standard.
    I mean honestly I was just looking at the item and laughing at the flavour text. But for the sake of equality they should probably add a girlfriend dummy aswell, of course Blizzard can't win here since if they do add a girlfriend dummy they will first of all be called misogynistic by one crowd and be accused of pandering to feminists or some such bullshit by another.

They probably shot themselves in the foot with this one, but I dearly hope it stays in the game because the flavour text makes me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    It seems exhausting to go out of your way to be offended at stuff like this.
    I don't have to go out of my way to be offended at the idea that I could be a victim of violence just for breaking up with someone.

Be less of a cunt

Deleted
    People are whining about the double standard. There is no double standard until this item goes live and is not removed. There is a good chance that Blizzard hears people's displeasure and will nix this toy.

7+ Year Old Account

this is srs biznesss

Did I make it in before the "Where's my ex-apache helicopter stabbing dummy?" comments???

On topic!

Being offended says more about the offendee than the offender (offendher? offendhim??)

Thanks for the laughs, mmo-champ!

EDIT: thanks to this I've spent the last ten minutes imagining drive-by "offender-bender" scenarios and I can't get enough. sorry for laughing at my own jokes/notsorry
    Last edited by Vexatio; 2016-11-16 at 09:32 PM.

Thanks for the thread.

Have some solid posts saved for when some of the usual suspects start bitching about their next perceived offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    I mean honestly I was just looking at the item and laughing at the flavour text. But for the sake of equality they should probably add a girlfriend dummy aswell, of course Blizzard can't win here since if they do add a girlfriend dummy they will first of all be called misogynistic by one crowd and be accused of pandering to feminists or some such bullshit by another.
    I really don't care if its just ex-bf.. (though I think thats an odd choice since I would think the majority of wow players are male) ... but thats why its sort of confusing. I thought they may have thought about (ex-gf dummy) and knew there would certainly be feminist anger and fallout (again) if they did make it.

Thats really the issue. I doubt many people are actually triggered by this, but they are very aware of the double standard.