10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slaise1 View Post
    Nostalrius/ announced a stress test. Please participate if you are interested to join the server.

Just don't get too attached to your hero!
    Last edited by Splenda; 2016-11-17 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    OK, lets talk lore. I cherish the original WC RTS games. Orcs and Humans, there is no getting around the first game. This is lore. The two sides hate each other. Alliances here, defections there. All the way to WC3.

Then the lore ends. A portion of the original team is gone, and Deathwing is now an enemy. Who is Deathwing? Whatever, then Panda's, then resurrection of slain bosses, and the lore is defunct. Dev's can write in whatever they want, but it's not lore.

Dev's will continue to make stuff up (to generate sales and $$), but I guarantee you, it won't be lore. Lore died with the RTS series.
    Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it isn't lore.

Deleted
    Nostalrius/ announced a stress test. Please participate if you are interested to join the server.

See you there brotha!
    Last edited by Splenda; 2016-11-17 at 08:43 AM.

Oh man, the crashes Nost/Elysium will have...

So now we're getting to the point where this is advertising a private server that is active instead of talking about a dead one..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Indeed.
    Gona take a good while before stuff gets stable. Gona be fun questing on day one!

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Totally worth it though to have a 10k-ish populated Vanilla server

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    Totally worth it though to have a 10k-ish populated Vanilla server
    Yea. A lot of ppl from the server where i am playing are gona move to nost.
    Just in time as i dinged 60 with my shaman
    But this server will be my back up if blizz shuts down this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    So now we're getting to the point where this is advertising a private server
    That worked well for Nost...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    very very well...

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    haha too true, but I meant in general of just having this thread open much longer.

Deleted
    haha too true, but I meant in general of just having this thread open much longer.
    Thats because the new server people are talking about -IS- Nost

Its their core. Their realm. Their GM's are working on there. You even get your old character/account from Nostalrius back. The char that you lost from the shutdown.

It's literally nostalrius. Just under a different name.

What people continue to disregard however is the following fact

Blizzard did not shutdown Nostalrius. This never happened.

They -asked- Nostalrius to shutdown their server and they complied.

This situation has already been covered for the new server. Should Blizzard ask the devs to shutdown the server, they will, I quote; politely decline.

By hosting the server in specific countries its also possible for them to dodge the following lawsuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Naralix View Post
    Thats because the new server people are talking about -IS- Nost

Its their core. Their realm. Their GM's are working on there. You even get your old character/account from Nostalrius back. The char that you lost from the shutdown.

It's literally nostalrius. Just under a different name.
    I'm well aware of what the realm is and who is behind it. What I am talking about is the forum rules here that prohibit discussion of private servers that are active. An exception was made for this thread because it was about a dead realm that got some attention. Now that it is coming back...

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard did not shutdown Nostalrius. This never happened.

They -asked- Nostalrius to shutdown their server and they complied..
    *shrugs* They folded when Blizz exerted any pressure, call it what you want, Blizz shut them down.

- - - Updated - - -

This situation has already been covered for the new server. Should Blizzard ask the devs to shutdown the server, they will, I quote; politely decline.
    Which is why some of us brought popcorn. Don't get your hopes up too high.

Deleted
    I'm well aware of what the realm is and who is behind it. What I am talking about is the forum rules here that prohibit discussion of private servers that are active. An exception was made for this thread because it was about a dead realm that got some attention. Now that it is coming back...

- - - Updated - - -

*shrugs* They folded when Blizz exerted any pressure, call it what you want, Blizz shut them down.

- - - Updated - - -

Which is why some of us brought popcorn. Don't get your hopes up too high.
    Its pretty clear u have brought popcorn. And i think u have started to enjoy this thread a little bit too much.
    Im not sure if u have really done anything else in this thread than spread negativity and made it pretty clear u do not like nostalrius/private servers. Which begs the question what brings you to this thread every day?
    Thread is Nostalrius and classic wow. If u dont enjoy neither and have nothing useful to say, why bother?
    Looking through your post history its seems that most of your posts at least from last few weeks are all here. On a thread of a topic that u dont seem to like.
    And the posts that are not in here are also pretty damn toxic.

I think we should start a gofundme and get you a good refreshing vacation brother.

With love
    - Worried friend

10+ Year Old Account

Legacy brothers and sisters.

Wont it be amazing to defeat BWL in two weeks time?
    I can not wait to get that Legacy feeling back again.
    Last edited by Splenda; 2016-11-17 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sähäri View Post
    Its pretty clear u have brought popcorn. And i think u have started to enjoy this thread a little bit too much.
    Im not sure if u have really done anything else in this thread than spread negativity and made it pretty clear u do not like nostalrius/private servers. Which begs the question what brings you to this thread every day?
    Thread is Nostalrius and classic wow. If u dont enjoy neither and have nothing useful to say, why bother?
    Looking through your post history its seems that most of your posts at least from last few weeks are all here. On a thread of a topic that u dont seem to like.
    And the posts that are not in here are also pretty damn toxic.

I think we should start a gofundme and get you a good refreshing vacation brother.

With love
    - Worried friend
    So you decide to load your post with plenty of personal attacks because you don't like what I have to say? Got it. And for the record, I was in this thread long before it became the megathread. I can do what I wish in this thread as long as it is within the rules of the forum. So if you don't like what I have to say just put me on ignore or do not bother replying to me.

Tossing out the word 'toxic' when there are plenty of people in this thread which have been suspended for infractions and I've not...gotcha.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    Legacy brothers and sisters.

Wont it be amazing to defeat BWL in two weeks time?
    I can not wait to get that Legacy feeling back again.
    Two weeks? Isn't that a bit on the high side?

10+ Year Old Account

By hosting the server in specific countries its also possible for them to dodge the following lawsuit.
    Why do you think that makes them immune to prosecution? As far as I know, the guys from Nostalrius still live in the same countries they lived during Nostalrius, with France being one such country, I believe, making them still quite liable to being sued.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Why do you think that makes them immune to prosecution? As far as I know, the guys from Nostalrius still live in the same countries they lived during Nostalrius, with France being one such country, I believe, making them still quite liable to being sued.
    I think for now we should just let them have their fantasy. I am quite curious to see what comes of this really. I don't expect Blizz to be passive this time around and they really do need to come out and smack this server down because it has become quite the planted flag for private servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, November 20th. This thread seems pointless now that we have our Vanilla WoW back.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Hmm, November 20th. This thread seems pointless now that we have our Vanilla WoW back.
    Nah, you guys still have to demand Blizzard does it instead. It's a God given right, after all.