Thread: Shadow in 7.1.5

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Really wish they would just add an AoE DoT spread mechanic already. Cap it out at 3 or 4 targets per spread, if they're worried about it being too OP.
    Legendary ring does that. There's also a talent that does that with SW:P if you're in PvP areas.

Quote Originally Posted by qactuar View Post
    Legendary ring does that. There's also a talent that does that with SW:P if you're in PvP areas.
    I know, I mean make it baseline.

Having legendaries fix class issues is just as bad as having set bonuses fix class issues: The class itself needs to be fixed, not bandaid'd with an external bonus that takes a while to acquire.

from what i've played so far dot management feels a lot like being a boomkin with nature's balance. as long as you can get into voidform pretty quick the dots mostly stay up but you will have to refresh them manually every so often

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Shadow off-spec player here...interesting changes. No more Mind Sear; instead a weird AoE DoT refresh added onto Void Bolt?

So now we really are forced to multidot things and then just Mind Flay / Void Bolt the highest health target? Bleh.

Really wish they would just add an AoE DoT spread mechanic already. Cap it out at 3 or 4 targets per spread, if they're worried about it being too OP.
    They did, it's a legendary. One of the more prominent examples of how crap the system is.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandalheart View Post
    They did, it's a legendary. One of the more prominent examples of how crap the system is.
    It should be baseline, not added as an effect on an RNG piece of gear.

Deleted
    i was playing around on ptr on noticed something nice, not sure if it was mentioned already:

your first voidbolt after going into shadowform only has 1 gcd cooldown it seems. on live server i have to wait a whole voidbolt cd.
    its obviously unfortunate we get it after removing dot refreshing but it still feels smoother

Quote Originally Posted by Shaoxy View Post
    i was playing around on ptr on noticed something nice, not sure if it was mentioned already:

your first voidbolt after going into shadowform only has 1 gcd cooldown it seems. on live server i have to wait a whole voidbolt cd.
    its obviously unfortunate we get it after removing dot refreshing but it still feels smoother
    The cooldown of Void Eruption got changed to 1.5secs, so it's in line with the GCD

Quote Originally Posted by Vained View Post
    Are you using AS or SI though? I Wonder which is better on PTR right now with, say, 20% crit. Maybe San'layn beats them both now.
    I swapped around between SI and AS, and I didn't notice much difference. But I have Mangaza's Madness, so that skews things.

San'layn being good would be interesting, I heard rumbling from some people saying that mastery + San'layn might be good, but nobody had anything concrete.

Does anyone know since I didnt see it in the changes as mind sear gets removed what happens with legendary ring? Does mind flay now spead dots?

Quote Originally Posted by Dotality View Post
    Does anyone know since I didnt see it in the changes as mind sear gets removed what happens with legendary ring? Does mind flay now spead dots?
    ya it got changed to flay

10+ Year Old Account
    So far is all they did to the last tier was nerf StM?

With the removal of Mind Flay, now Blizzard can't be sacred about making one too strong compared to the other.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    So far is all they did to the last tier was nerf StM?
    Well, technically they buffed Mind Spike insanity generation! ... to be the same as newly changed Mind Flay, so... it's not really a change at all.

They can't possibly be thinking of leaving it like that. There's still no competition in there. StM completely crushes the other two, except for World Questin/PvP. It can't possibly be the intended niche of the other two talents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Well, technically they buffed Mind Spike insanity generation! ... to be the same as newly changed Mind Flay, so... it's not really a change at all.

They can't possibly be thinking of leaving it like that. There's still no competition in there. StM completely crushes the other two, except for World Questin/PvP. It can't possibly be the intended niche of the other two talents.
    I know they said there are more changes coming but so far the changes they have came up with are so underwhelming...like either they just released this patch as bait while they actually do some real work or this *is* it and these devs are out of touch with anything that doesn't involve their beloved.

I think that STM can become baseline and be nerfed even more - like 70% more insanity generation and/or limit the time of it to 1 minute, but remove the death penalty. The STM talent can be like "you generate 120% more insanity now and it's not (hardcap) time limited, but you do die at the end. That way it's just a cooldown that doesn't require that much skill for everyone, but probably still the best choice for those skilled players who can pull up really good STMs.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltshak3r View Post
    I kind of like the new changes to 7.1.5 But i see a big problem with reaching high S2M stacks since Shadow word death produces 15 less Insanity during S2M. In my eyes Blizzard really thought about this changes. I also like the idea of not "losing haste when you enter Voidform!
    I love the idea of Cleave/AoE

We also can reach our first Voidform a lot faster than now.
    Yea we "don't lose haste" going into voidform anymore because there is no haste to LOSE anymore. That isn't a GOOD way to change it...

Oh your arm is broken? Lets just amputate it, then you'll not have to worry about it anymore.

Inb4 more nerfs after helya kills

how are the most recent shadow changes feeling for LoTV? can't get PTR up and running yet

They just posted:
    Shadow’s overall pacing is being adjusted so that the highest peak is at the end of Voidform, rather than just before the start of the next one. As a part of this, Lingering Insanity is removed, but overall Insanity generation (and therefore Voidform uptime) is increased. Additionally, Mind Sear is replaced with a new passive effect that allows Mind Flay to fulfill the same purpose. Shadow already has significant multi-target gameplay from the desire to maintain two damage-over-time effects on each target (a process which being is made smoother by allowing Void Bolt to extend DoTs on multiple targets at once). Finally, we are continuing to tweak the Insanity decay rate in Voidform, and the strength of Surrender to Madness, to better balance the Level 100 row. We want to preserve the purpose and strengths of Surrender to Madness for players who enjoy it, without it being quite so ubiquitous as it is currently.
    ...They still plan on balancing S2M with LotV and Mind Spike? Those are gonna need insane buffs, especially since Mind Flay will AoE by default lol

Quote Originally Posted by ttylol View Post
    They just posted:
    ...They still plan on balancing S2M with LotV and Mind Spike? Those are gonna need insane buffs, especially since Mind Flay will AoE by default lol
    Agree. Why haven't they added strength to the other two talents in that row yet? I hope they don't actually think that they're fine as-is and StM is the only thing that needs tweaking...