Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it needs a little more training:

Deleted
    It picks up easy ones like these way too fast, can't even finish them;

But then there's like... Draw yoga! YOGA! Or, draw CAMOUFLAGE. Real simple. Real simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    But then there's like... Draw yoga! YOGA! Or, draw CAMOUFLAGE. Real simple. Real simple.
    I made it guess yoga after giving up on a fire hydrant and drawing a large sideways v on the side of my drawing in frustration.

It can be done. Just find your inner rage and scribble, and then ponder the irony of successfully drawing yoga by getting mad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    It guessed Baseball bat, but not bat. It guessed mug and coffee cup, but not cup. Like what? O.o

Also, what we (brits) call a plaster it calls a bandage, so I drew a bandage and all the learning images were of plasters (bandaids).

lol im gonna draw inappropriate stuff for the heck of it.

No matter what I draw, it thinks it's a pond, or a peanut...

lol im not even gonna post mine ill get in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post

LINE PICTURE ]
    It knows string bean, but not line..... I had the same issue.

But it asked me to draw a dragon and like, I even made it breathe fire towards the end but nada.

Also it didnt know my crab, but it guessed someone else's crab that CLEARLY was a cat.

Meh, its just picking from a list of pre-determined answers, it's like a multiple choice question exam with a cheat sheet.

All it does is check which image in its memory looks like the one you've drawn. Not particularly smart, this kind of basic shape recognition has been around for ages.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2016-11-17 at 04:29 AM.

"Animal migration"

How the heck do you draw that? :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaabbc View Post
    "Animal migration"

I would imagine a huge throng of zebras or wildebeest, crossing a river. Or, a wedge of cranes. The latter could be possible to draw in 20 seconds, not sure if the AI would recognize it though.

- - - Updated - - -

Eh...

Descriptive, I guess.

Well, that's it. I'm quitting WoW, this is a lot more entertaining.
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2016-11-17 at 06:18 AM.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    So you browse to the link below and draw the images that the AI requests and the AI guesses what your drawings are.

https://quickdraw.withgoogle.com/
    Technology is scary

I had to draw camouflage. I just put a bunch of strange shapes pretty close together, and it got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    That might be the worst boomerang ever. Just saying lol
    Pffft, I'd like to see you try I mean, that thing is confusing a simple, straight line with an asparagus ffs!

Quote Originally Posted by Aaabbc View Post
    "Animal migration"

So, I pictured a migration of seagulls and conjured this up:

And it detected Animal Migration within a few secs. Yeah, definitely busted >.>

I had to double check whether this thing was rigged by drawing something completely wrong. It's uncanny.

edit: Nevermind. Still, I'm having fun.

(hey, you try drawing memes and references in under 20 seconds)
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2016-11-17 at 07:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    How many times I need to draw penis before for gets it.
    Is it guessing Tennisace every time for you too?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    More specifically I think the "issue" is that, once it queries something correctly, it automatically "gets" it; i.e, it doesn't seem like it has to stake its guess on anything.

For instance, it asked me to draw a microwave- I started by drawing a rectangular prism in perspective, which it automatically guessed was a "microwave." Which means it was probably looking at how everyone else was doing a "microwave" and then guessed that what I was going to draw WAS going to be a microwave- but because it's automatically granted the point by merely thinking the word "microwave," I'd say it gets an easier time.

In fact if it were truly learning, it'd be querying every potential answer in its vocabulary until it reached the answer that synched up with the prompt. It'd be like going on "who wants to be a millionaire" and getting points every time you mentioned the correct answer, instead of having to lock into it.
    This sounds like they are trying to train an artificial neural network to identify a specific list of objects drawn by all kinds of users.
    Everyone who draws something basically does free work for them (unless you all draw make a list of objects to intentionally draw wrong, e.g. everyone draws a dragon when asked for a basket and the other way around).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post
    Okay. Now I'm convinced it's rigged from the start.

I think the game is setup to know the answer, but the AI has to try and guess with a certain error rate of what the shape is.

All I did was draw a square, and it guessed suitcase. Simple square.
    Sure, there likely is some failsave to ensure it doesn not appear to get everything right or everything wrong all the time, just so to keep the free workforce interested.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Haha, the stupid AI can't tell what my bad drawings are...haha...ha...ha ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    How many times I need to draw penis before for gets it.
    I don't think they ever asked anyone to draw a penis (because of the USA, duh!) so they won't have trained that, so never.
    I would assume that even if they had, it wouldn't be allowed to propose anything was a "penis".

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    This thing is cheating!
    Actually in a way it is.

When it says: "oh I know" it doesn't know. It simply made a correct guess in a series of guesses and would have carried on guessing until it was told it guessed correctly.

What would be really interesting would be to see what it would guess if it could only make one guess.