Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    Prydaz is pretty good for holy. It lets you turn LotM into a good heal.

Also, are you guys seriously 3-healing a 10 man raid? In normal? You, alone, should be able to heal most of that raid. Obviously, every healer in that group is going to look absolutely terrible, because there's nothing for you to do at all. Two of you may as well have afked the whole run, as reflected in the performance of all three, and nobody would've noticed a difference. It's basically impossible to meaningfully evaluate performance in that environment, beyond casually glancing at casts-per-minute, which all the healers look terrible at, but again, that's probably just because there was nothing useful for any of you to do in that entire raid so you just had no reason to cast.

Though for the future, the next time you're in a raid like that, respect to ret. Or spend all your time DPSing as holy if that suggestion gives your RL seizures. You want to spend a decent amount of time DPSing in most raids anyway, even when you do need to heal a lot, so it's always good to get some practice in on that, even if it's just practicing how to weave in some damage during GCDs when you detect no useful heal targets.
    The 3 heal thing was mostly cause its what we had people around playing especially given it was a randomly made raid cause of some poor signups that night. It was the group from our ToV heroic group and some extra low geared players. Didn't dps or anything because I wanted to get a better hang of healing. But I'll try to see if things goes better in our heroic ToV / normal ToV (or whatever we end up doing) tonight. Thanks

So which one is better, the crit cloak at 855 ilvl or a crit mastery cloak at 875 ilvl? I got %37 crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    So which one is better, the crit cloak at 855 ilvl or a crit mastery cloak at 875 ilvl? I got %37 crit.
    use the spreadsheet. for me the cloak comes out (855 ilvl) at 18k hps, using an 870 crit/vers/socket cloak it showed that i would lose around 12k hps from losing the kara cloak equip effect

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    aura of sacrifice is basically the hps whore talent.

i would argue on progress most are likely to use devo aura simply because of how good it can be in close proximity to tanks.
    The reason why Holy Pally's are playing with Aura of Sacrifice, is, because of the legendary shoulders ''Obsidian Stone Spaulders''. 30% of ALL healing, goes to the beaconed target. this includes the heals from your raid mates. so basicly staying at ''low'' health is a good thing. This combined with LotM is just sick.

So I'm quite new to healing as a whole, and I've seen on my last two raid logs that I have a lot of overhealing, which brings me to my question.

Is there any way to balance not overhealing so much with also not being left standing around such an awful lot? Yesterday I did EN heroic with a disc and a holy priest and it felt as if I'm not actively tossing Holy Lights for minor topping offs and my insta casts as well as the occasional bit of properly needed heal (a tank taking a hit or an AoE ability etc), that I'm basically standing around doing absolutely nothing which reflects further on an already sorta mediocre hps ranking. The only fight yesterday I managed to parse remotely decent on was Xavius because of p2 and 3 seeming to have a constant need of healing and the priests weren't able to cover everybody being topped off constantly / also players got to be more bunched up so I could abuse a bit of aura mastery and light of dawn casts.

Basically, is it just a matter of getting experience and it'll all smoothen out or do I need to start allowing people to take more damage before I even bother healing them (ie instead of healing someone at 90% wait till he drops to 60-70% and hope my co-healers haven't topped him off already?)

Also how with the above situation do I properly determine who's a good beacon target in my raid group? I tried beacon swapping a fair bit in last nights ToV heroic Odyn attempts and often the players I swapped my beacons to ended up being topped off before I could really benefit them with my beacons and simply resulting in more overhealing.
    Last edited by Ferbian; 2016-11-17 at 07:24 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferbian View Post
    So I'm quite new to healing as a whole, and I've seen on my last two raid logs that I have a lot of overhealing, which brings me to my question.

Is there any way to balance not overhealing so much with also not being left standing around such an awful lot? Yesterday I did EN heroic with a disc and a holy priest and it felt as if I'm not actively tossing Holy Lights for minor topping offs and my insta casts as well as the occasional bit of properly needed heal (a tank taking a hit or an AoE ability etc), that I'm basically standing around doing absolutely nothing which reflects further on an already sorta mediocre hps ranking. The only fight yesterday I managed to parse remotely decent on was Xavius because of p2 and 3 seeming to have a constant need of healing and the priests weren't able to cover everybody being topped off constantly / also players got to be more bunched up so I could abuse a bit of aura mastery and light of dawn casts.

Basically, is it just a matter of getting experience and it'll all smoothen out or do I need to start allowing people to take more damage before I even bother healing them (ie instead of healing someone at 90% wait till he drops to 60-70% and hope my co-healers haven't topped him off already?)

Also how with the above situation do I properly determine who's a good beacon target in my raid group? I tried beacon swapping a fair bit in last nights ToV heroic Odyn attempts and often the players I swapped my beacons to ended up being topped off before I could really benefit them with my beacons and simply resulting in more overhealing.
    Healing is not like DPS, the healing team is an actual team. No point in actively trying to snipe heals. If you don't have anything to heal you can DPS or you can scale down the amount of healers used for the content.

Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    Healing is not like DPS, the healing team is an actual team. No point in actively trying to snipe heals. If you don't have anything to heal you can DPS or you can scale down the amount of healers used for the content.
    It is most likely a case of having too many healers. But we did try to 2 heal on heroic Odyn (our raid size was 11 players) and even then there's still a lot of cases where either the rest of the raid is completely topped off or just a few 100k off being topped off, meaning there's no real meaningful beacon targets other than the tanks at that point, and even that feels like overhealing them at times cause they either cover themselves or don't take meaningful damage (Our tanks are a demon hunter and a blood DK, the blood DK is pretty competitive on the healing meter, even so often outhealing me by his own self heal)

Deleted
    It is most likely a case of having too many healers. But we did try to 2 heal on heroic Odyn (our raid size was 11 players) and even then there's still a lot of cases where either the rest of the raid is completely topped off or just a few 100k off being topped off, meaning there's no real meaningful beacon targets other than the tanks at that point, and even that feels like overhealing them at times cause they either cover themselves or don't take meaningful damage (Our tanks are a demon hunter and a blood DK, the blood DK is pretty competitive on the healing meter, even so often outhealing me by his own self heal)
    I did HC Odyn yesterday and we did 2-3-9 setup. For the entire first phase I basically DPS and heal now and then, then the healing ramps up in the second and goes nuts in third phase.

I did HC Odyn yesterday and we did 2-3-9 setup. For the entire first phase I basically DPS and heal now and then, then the healing ramps up in the second and goes nuts in third phase.
    Yeah I noticed the need for healing ramping up in p2, we didn't really get a proper p3 phase. I guess I'll see how things goes and if things improves with time

Yup. We killed Odyn on heroic last week only after realizing this. You can go into phase two with ~90% mana if everyone plays well. In phase three I needed every last bit of mana I could get, especially because the fight can get very chaotic and people start to make mistakes.

I'll second what others have said. As a paladin, you have high DPS potential when healing isn't needed. I can usually do as much as, or more than, a Tank when we're on single target damage. You can even talent into crusader strike so you can put out more damage, and just throw out lods with spare globals. You'll want to focus on helping burn down priority ada as your best attacks are ranged, you can offer meaningful damage and remove those adds before they cause problems. You're then stacked on mana and CDs for when the big damage comes. It's kinda like a disc offering healing and damage, except yours is done in bursts of one or the other rather than maintaining a steady stream of both.

Just missing the old days of holy radiance, divine favor, popping dat guardian of ancient kings with wings and favor and going ham on healing (was doing something like aura of sacrifice active if i recall correctly) was fun, popping arcane torrent and timing divine plea with mana hymm to get most out of the increased mana % good days

Quote Originally Posted by Lestrang View Post
    Just missing the old days of holy radiance, divine favor, popping dat guardian of ancient kings with wings and favor and going ham on healing (was doing something like aura of sacrifice active if i recall correctly) was fun, popping arcane torrent and timing divine plea with mana hymm to get most out of the increased mana % good days
    Having three different ranks of holy light on my bar....

So on il'gynoth mythic, popping first 8 blobs, with shaman using SLT and me using AoS, i was doing roughly 1.2-1.5m HPS. But after he starting using all his cooldowns on the first blob, quickly my AoS was all overheal and i was not being of much use, actually with him popping all cds, the rest of the healers (we were 4 in total) didnt need to use any cds. Simply shaman popping all his cd + Darkness doing like 20million healing was sufficient. I switched to mercy after that since my burst healing was not needed, went back to divine purpose from holy avenger to save some mana, But i feel like AoM is underwhelming here
    Is it not possible to make use of AoS to pop 8 more blobs after the first 8 alongside other cooldowns like a tranq and/or revival +another darkness from one of our 3 DHs? (We are running paladin monk shaman druid) I mean we have so many cds that are not being of any use, like i have been using my AoM reactively to recover the raid when things get messy.. So is it doable? pop 8 after first 8? or any similar setups?

10+ Year Old Account
    So on il'gynoth mythic, popping first 8 blobs, with shaman using SLT and me using AoS, i was doing roughly 1.2-1.5m HPS. But after he starting using all his cooldowns on the first blob, quickly my AoS was all overheal and i was not being of much use, actually with him popping all cds, the rest of the healers (we were 4 in total) didnt need to use any cds. Simply shaman popping all his cd + Darkness doing like 20million healing was sufficient. I switched to mercy after that since my burst healing was not needed, went back to divine purpose from holy avenger to save some mana, But i feel like AoM is underwhelming here
    Is it not possible to make use of AoS to pop 8 more blobs after the first 8 alongside other cooldowns like a tranq and/or revival +another darkness from one of our 3 DHs? (We are running paladin monk shaman druid) I mean we have so many cds that are not being of any use, like i have been using my AoM reactively to recover the raid when things get messy.. So is it doable? pop 8 after first 8? or any similar setups?
    It's definitely going to be more staggered and hecktic to pop another 8 after the first 8, and you will likely also have soak mechanics going out. It's probably not worth the effort in coordination to drop another 8 just so you can get full use out of a cd. If your shaman is covering the 8 drop then sac isn't going to be all that beneficial and might pull about the same numbers as mercy throughout the fight so I feel like you could choose either in this situation, or see if he will let you cheese hps for one week.

Quote Originally Posted by EzG View Post
    It's definitely going to be more staggered and hecktic to pop another 8 after the first 8, and you will likely also have soak mechanics going out. It's probably not worth the effort in coordination to drop another 8 just so you can get full use out of a cd. If your shaman is covering the 8 drop then sac isn't going to be all that beneficial and might pull about the same numbers as mercy throughout the fight so I feel like you could choose either in this situation, or see if he will let you cheese hps for one week.
    I honestly am not looking for way to cheese HPS, i just want to make best use of our cds at hand, if there is no point in popping 8 after then might as well stay with mercy

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly am not looking for way to cheese HPS, i just want to make best use of our cds at hand, if there is no point in popping 8 after then might as well stay with mercy
    The only other time you might pop another 8 is after the first heart phase when the tank tentacles respawn, but by then your shaman likely has those cd's again for it. I'd say unless you have a set 100% plan to get full use out of sac don't use it.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eahdrin/simple

Just confirming my gearing is in the right direction. Trinkets in the sacred shield are the highest hps. Got them both last week. I have pretty much every trinket available from mythic dungeons/en. Kind of confused on how to use the Jewel. Am I to use it off CD, use it on the tanks, and does anyone have a WA that can track the cd and how many charges are up.

Posting my logs although my guild has fallen apart and my gear /trinkets have changed since these were posted.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...10/#metric=hps

Interesting, from the 7.1.5 notes on the front it says BoV now costs 10% of base mana instead of 15%.

So it now costs 10% base mana and refunds 30% mana when you use FoL and HL during virtue.

I'm glad about this because it makes us a lot more mana efficient in higher levels of mythic+, I just hope they don't nerf it since they're making it more efficient.

Deleted
    I'm assuming they're changing it to try and make it viable in raids? I'd be surprised if it was meant to make higher levels of mythic+ easier. While I have no idea about the kind of mana management other healers have to do there, I've never felt that mana management is bad for us in M+.